The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Home Base
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Home Base A starting point, and place for threads don't seem to belong anywhere else

Old 03-15-2006, 07:07 PM   #76
lumberjim
I can hear my ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by jinx
The only way that would make any sense to me is if you equate "decent" with "xtian".
isn't that what bothers most nonchristians about christians??
lumberjim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2006, 07:33 PM   #77
Stress Puppy
Elite Elitist

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrnoodle
There's a difference between just cussing and going out of your way to be as blasphemous as possible. Take God out of the equation. If I say to you,

"Fuck off, you lowlife cunt"

that's insulting. But if I say,

"Your dead two-year old sucks your dead father's cock in hell"

I've made it personal. I'm not just cussing, I'm trying to be as horrible as possible. Blasphemy is not just "taking God's name in vain". It's deliberately trying to sully the name and image of something sacred. Goddammit does not equal "Jesus *$% Christ".

I realize that it looks like I'm overreacting -- but is that because I'm so stodgy, or is it because society as a whole has given up on having any kind of decency? I've got my share of bad habits and dirty little secrets -- just because I think deliberate blasphemy is bad doesn't make me some kind of morality cop.

If you said that my two year old sucks my dead father's cock in hell, I would very literally laugh in your face. I'm giggling now just thinking about someone actually saying that. Scratch that, the more I think about it, I'm gaffawing.

Out of all the people I know, I am one of the most 'decent.' I open doors for people, I let people merge, I help whenever and however is reasonable, and go out of my way to be nice to strangers. That said, 'Jesus Fucking Christ' is the first thing that comes out when I get really frustrated. Close second is "Mother fucker" and close third is "Fucker." Other favorites include "Jesus Titty Fucking Christ" when I'm feeling silly, and "Jumping Jesus on a Fucking Pogo Stick," when I'm feeling verbose.
Old 03-15-2006, 07:55 PM   #78
Stress Puppy
Elite Elitist

Oh, I have a friend, who has trained her fiancee to just listen patiently when she's had a bad day, then at the end say, "Stupid fuckheads."
Old 03-15-2006, 08:27 PM   #79
Kagen4o4
The Sheriff of Nothingland

Quote:
"Jesus Titty Fucking Christ"
HAHAHAHAHA
can you imagine jesus titty fucking a chick? HAHAHAAHA (no offence to christians, im sure you can find it funny without going to hell)
Kagen4o4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2006, 09:18 PM   #80
wolf
lobber of scimitars

I have been known, on occasion, to refer to the sort of woman that folks with fewer social graces might call a cunt as a "brainless receptacle of sperm."

Yes, I know that a good number of the menfolk here just wondered "what's so bad about that?"

One of my other favorites is "sucks moose cock" as in "Working dayshift and not being able to log onto the Cellar in nearly a week really fucking sucks moose cock."

"Conspiracies are the norm, not the exception." --G. Edward Griffin The Creature from Jekyll Island

High Priestess of the Church of the Whale Penis
wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2006, 09:25 PM   #81
MaggieL
in the Hour of Scampering

Quote:
The only way that would make any sense to me is if you equate "decent" with "xtian".
The same kind of "I insist you adapt your behavior to my religious values" that gets people killed over cartoons.

MaggieL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2006, 10:16 PM   #82
Kagen4o4
The Sheriff of Nothingland

2 dollar whore is another good one
Kagen4o4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2006, 10:14 AM   #83
mrnoodle
bent

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaggieL
The same kind of "I insist you adapt your behavior to my religious values" that gets people killed over cartoons.
I don't insist anyone adapt their behavior to my values. I do reserve the right to not listen to them if something they say offends me, though.

That's still okay, right?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kagen4o4
HAHAHAHAHA
can you imagine jesus titty fucking a chick? HAHAHAAHA (no offence to christians, im sure you can find it funny without going to hell)
How is that not offensive to christians? Why is it more wrong for me to be offended at that imagery than it is for someone to use it to deliberately offend me? (not that you were doing that, just saying).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stress Puppy
If you said that my two year old sucks my dead father's cock in hell, I would very literally laugh in your face. I'm giggling now just thinking about someone actually saying that. Scratch that, the more I think about it, I'm gaffawing.
That one was a little overblown (no pun intended). But the point was, there's a difference between just cussing and trying to offend on a personal level. If your kid smoking your dad's pole brings a twinkle to your eye, that's fine I guess - but the point is the effect I was going for not the one I got.
Old 03-17-2006, 10:25 AM   #84
mrnoodle
bent

Quote:
What decency has to do with any of this, I'm not sure. If you think that saying "fuck off, you lowlife cunt" is any more decent than saying JFC (keeping intent in mind).... well, again we disagree. The only way that would make any sense to me is if you equate "decent" with "xtian".
No, the two statements are equally reprehensible. What I object to is the underlying prejudice that says "Anything I say that offends your religion is cool, because everybody knows that "xtians" are full of shit, and they are to be demeaned at every opportunity (including taking the "christ" out of their name -- they really hate that). If they don't like it, too bad. Oh, but if they say something good about God, particularly in front of my kids, they're cramming their religion down my throat -- see you in court."

Gotta meeting, I'll continue digging my hole in a few...
Old 03-17-2006, 10:45 AM   #85
jinx
Come on, cat.

You're actually looking for reasons to be offended, do you realize that noodle?
Quote:
X·mas ( P ) Pronunciation Key (krsms, ksms)
n. <dl><dd>Christmas.</dd></dl>
<hr align="left" width="25%">[From<tt> X</tt>, the Greek letter chi, first letter of Greek<tt> Khrstos</tt>, Christ. See Christ.]
Usage Note: Xmas has been used for hundreds of years in religious writing, where the X represents a Greek chi, the first letter of, “Christ.” In this use it is parallel to other forms like Xtian, “Christian.” But people unaware of the Greek origin of this X often mistakenly interpret Xmas as an informal shortening pronounced. Many therefore frown upon the term Xmas because it seems to them a commercial convenience that omits Christ from Christmas.
People are killing and dying everyday becuase of percieved offenses to their religions. I don't think you're making a lot of points with GOD arguing on a message board. Grow some balls man, strap a bomb on.
Old 03-17-2006, 11:56 AM   #86
mrnoodle
bent

You're continuing to make my point by making this a flamewar -- why can't I defend my religion without being compared to nutcases who kill in the name of God? What you're saying is "You can have your little religion, but you have to remain silent about it, or at least make it palatable to everyone who is nonreligious; otherwise, you're a jihadist." Sorry, that's not how it works.

And people don't say "xtian" to show off their knowledge of Greek...at least be honest. Visit any "I'm an atheist, I'm special" site, and you will see it's used derogatorily in most cases.

"fucking xtians"
"why are you being derogatory?"
"HAHAHAHAHA X is Greek for Chi, got you!!!11"

meh.
Old 03-17-2006, 12:39 PM   #87
wolf
lobber of scimitars

I don't use the "X" word ... to shorten either Christian or Christmas. I believe that the use IS derogatory. I spend a lot more time hanging out on pagan/earth religions sites and boards. It's extremely rare to find commentary that is not in some way vilifying Christianity.

Quote:
People are killing and dying everyday becuase of percieved offenses to their religions. I don't think you're making a lot of points with GOD arguing on a message board. Grow some balls man, strap a bomb on.
That is going way too far, in a throwing gasoline on a blazing fire kind of way. Whether your statement is hyperbolic commentary or not, MrNoodle is not a religious fanatic. He is not a suicide bomber, he isn't even trying to sell you WWJD wristbands or make you believe what he believes.

He is trying to live HIS life according to a set of principles that makes sense to him, which also allow him to make sense of the world around him.

There is nothing but respect in that, for himself, and for others.

Why do you have to try to turn it into a fight, or suggest that he is in some way emasculated by belief, rather than emboldened by it?

"Conspiracies are the norm, not the exception." --G. Edward Griffin The Creature from Jekyll Island

High Priestess of the Church of the Whale Penis
wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2006, 12:48 PM   #88
jinx
Come on, cat.

Got you? Uh, no, I used an abbreviation (like I used JFC several times instead of spelling it out). Its my understanding that "xtian" and "xtianity" have been in fairly common use since the 1500's - but if you've seen them used on athiest sites, they're obviously just used to be offensive. Yeah.

Ok, whatever. I was trying to explain my perspective on this to you, but I'm not getting anywhere. Enjoy your righteous anger my friend, I think I'll go try to teach a pig to sing now...
Old 03-17-2006, 12:50 PM   #89
Trilby
Slattern of the Swail

Chick: I am SO freakin' turned on by your description: Dude: I totally forget what you meant but I soooo relate. Look: Jinx et Wolf: I indeed wish to fuck mrnoodle. This is not based on any logic but soley upon pictures.

No fighting. I'm coming to forks in Aug., I only hope you've a great casserole!
In Barrie's play and novel, the roles of fairies are brief: they are allies to the Lost Boys, the source of fairy dust and ...They are portrayed as dangerous, whimsical and extremely clever but quite hedonistic.

"Shall I give you a kiss?" Peter asked and, jerking an acorn button off his coat, solemnly presented it to her.
—James Barrie

Wimminfolk they be tricksy. - ZenGum
Trilby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2006, 12:53 PM   #90
mrnoodle
bent

1. If you weren't doing that thing with the xtian thing, that's cool. I was just arguing, not accusing or whatever.

2. I'm not angry

3. I'm just wondering why religious people aren't allowed to protect and defend things that are central to their faith without being attacked.

4. Fucktard is still my favorite cuss word.

edit: 5. Thanks and xoxoxo's to wolf for getting it, and brianna for being naughty and smoking whatever she's smoking.