The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Home Base
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Home Base A starting point, and place for threads don't seem to belong anywhere else

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-07-2009, 09:31 PM   #15
capnhowdy
Blatantly Homosapien

Quote:
Originally Posted by sugarpop View Post
If your dog is outside a fence with no leash, and you are nowhere in sight, you should be fined.

One of our neighbor's dogs (a pit bull puppy) got loose the other day and attacked a woman walking her dog (a shitzu). And the puppy KNEW the dog/woman he attacked. She lives in a small rental unit behind their house. She told the police she didn't want to file charges or have anything happen to the puppy. The shitzu that was attacked was taken to my vet. She (vet) told us the injured dog was OK, it wasn't really hurt. All the blood in the street (and there was a LOT) and on the dog actually belonged to the woman, because she was bitten numerous times while trying to get her dog away from the puppy.

I didn't even KNOW the people had a dog, and apparently they have THREE, all pit bulls. They never walk them, which is probably WHY there was a problem in the first place. I swear, some people just should not have dogs. Dogs need to walk, every day. Some need to walk more than others. But they ALL need to walk. AND they ALL need discipline (rules, not punishment).
My nearest neighbor is a half mile away. I let my dogs out three times a day to potty. I never let them out of my sight.
But the law here is, if I don't have them on a leash, Badaboombaddabing. 150 bucks. Pay the man at the door. The total weight of my two dogs is 35 lbs. What a major threat to my neighbors 2640 feet down the road on the other side of a 5 lane highway.
I agree with you about leashing your pet in certain scenarios. But I've cared for my dogs 7 & 9 years without incident. Now they want me to tie a leash around my buddies' necks every time they need to go outside? I beg to differ. They'll just have to fine me. Fork 'em.

Tags
dog