The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Home Base

Home Base A starting point, and place for threads don't seem to belong anywhere else

Old 11-01-2006, 01:51 PM   #61
glatt

If "basic" is code for "legible" then I agree that your handwriting is basic.
glatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2006, 02:29 PM   #62
Clodfobble
UNDER CONDITIONAL MITIGATION

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolf
Interesting grocery list, for sure. Can I come over for dinner?
My lists are usually stuff I've just run out of (or are running low on), instead of planning for specific future meals. I keep a pretty well-stocked kitchen. Last night was ribs and potato salad, which accounts for finishing off the barbecue sauce, honey, and mayo. The other things I ran out of while making goulash for the first time on Sunday (it only turned out so-so, probably won't make it again.)
Clodfobble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2006, 07:59 PM   #63
footfootfoot
To shreds, you say?

Location: in the house and on the street-how many, many feet we meet!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clodfobble
My current grocery list. It's practically the only thing I ever write by hand.
Chicken Booth? Don't they have cell phones?
Old 11-02-2006, 10:48 AM   #64
Hippikos
Flocci Non Facio

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elspode
Actually, Hipp, our cursives are rather similar. That disturbs me.
Indeed, quite frightening....
Old 11-05-2006, 10:06 AM   #65
Nao
出来れば...

I think the handwriting samples posted here are actually neat. The males I know don't write like that.

I'm too ashamed to post my own ! :(

plus there is a way to find out certain personality traits through handwriting. Not 100% accurate, though. I got this from a book.

Generally large writing :
Ambitious
Writer tends to 'think big'. Found in the writing of people in show business.

Small writing :
Modesty, feelings of inferiority.
Writer may be objective and scientific.

Slanting to the left :
Introvert, quiet, retiring and shy.
Writer tend to hide emotions and set up a passive attitude.

Slanting to the right :
Extrovert, open, easygoing, outgoing.
They tend to mix well with people.

Narrow writing :
Depicts discipline.
Writer can be inhibited. They may also be mean and restricted in view.

Broad writing :
Usually unhibited, like to travel.
Writer may be rash and uncontrolled.

Wide spaces between words :
Writer does not mix easily in company. He/she can be stand-offish and solitary.

Narrow spacing :
Denotes a gregarious personality. Suggests that the writer chooses friends indiscriminately.

Wow. What a long post.
Nao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2006, 07:01 AM   #66
yesman065
Banned - Self Imposed

Some alternate Traits
Generally large writing: Poor eyesight
Small writing: Conservationistic - Doesn't want to waste space
Slanting to the left: Lefty taught to write by a righty
Slanting to the right: Voted for Bush
Narrow writing: Narrow minded
Broad writing: Uh, isn't this just a female?
Wide spaces between words: Bow legged
Narrow spacing: see narrow writing
yesman065 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2006, 07:11 AM   #67
Sundae
polaroid of perfection

Old 11-07-2006, 07:01 AM   #68
Nao
出来れば...

yesman>
I have to agree with you
Nao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2006, 12:53 PM   #69
BigV
Goon Squad Leader

Below find a sample of how I write for OTHER people. I wrote the note using the post-it pad on their desk, and I knew I had to fit my message in the space available. If I'd had a larger page handy, the writing would have been up to two times larger. I selected it after having written it, since I wanted to post something representative that wasn't written with posting here in mind.
Attached Images

Old 11-08-2006, 08:12 AM   #70
fertilegypsy
Resident-in-Training

Our local paper had a handwriting analysist on staff, so I sent in a sample of mine. All I could find to write with was a thick, blacker than coal, permanent marker. I was excited to see a reply from her in her column until I read... "the amount of pressure you place on the pen tells me that you hold onto past grievances for a life time."
fertilegypsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2007, 12:59 PM   #71
Sundae
polaroid of perfection

This site offers a free self-analysis section which although basic, is quite interesting. It does advertise a graphology course, but I've let my spam filter take care of that (heheheh)

Some extracts from mine that I found interesting/ relevant:
Quote:
SG has a very unusual lower zone y loop. If the data input is correct, SG's y or g is large and opens up to the left side of the page. This is not a common trait, but the implications are very interesting. As you begin to study handwriting analysis, you will learn any loop indicates imagination. This lower loop indicates the amount of imagination SG has regarding sex and physical things. So, her lower zone stroke is large, so her sexual imagination is large and open. Furthermore, because the loop is incomplete and extends to the left, this indicates a particular fascination with certain aspects of sexuality that have not been fulfilled, yet. In a nutshell, SG is open to some very new ideas sexually and is willing to try anything once.
Yup!
Quote:
SG's true self-image is unreasonably low. Someone once told SG that she wasn't a great and beautiful person, and she believed them. SG also has a fear that she might fail if she takes large risks. Therefore she resists setting her goals too high, risking failure. She doesn't have the internal confidence that frees her to take risks and chance failure. This is perhaps the biggest single barrier to happiness people not believing in and loving themselves. SG is an example of someone living with a low self-image.
Sigh
Quote:
SG is a cumulative and procedural thinker. She likes to have all the facts before making a decision. She thinks or creates much like a brick mason, stacking fact upon fact... Like that brick wall, SG learns faster through visual demonstration than through quick verbal instructions... In an argument, she often loses to rapid thinking people because she is thinking thirty minutes later about what she should have said... She may learn new ideas at a slower pace than other "less detailed" people, but once she gets it, she can handle repetition. Some people hate jobs with too much repetition, she can handle it better than most.
The above is based on how I write my "m"s. It is wrong.
Quote:
SG has an over-awareness of self. She often feels self-conscious. She fears ridicule, therefore she is careful not to place herself in a position to receive any ridicule. She wonders what people will think if she acts in a certain manner. When encountering a new group of people, SG may stay on the sidelines until she has the people categorized, or she may behave in a "positive attention getting" manner to assure people think good thoughts about her from the start.
Mostly true.
Quote:
Most people with a severe leftward slant have some type of childhood trauma they have yet to work through… she has issues with trust and it is likely rooted in childhood. The first time someone angers SG, she probably will not say anything to that person at that time. However, she will mentally keep track of everything this person does wrong to her until she cannot hold her emotions inside any longer. Then; Boom! SG will cloud up and rain all over them.
There was a lot based on my slight left slanting uprights that simply wasn't true. The bit above is, but based more on my dislike of conflict than being introverted.
Old 01-03-2007, 01:25 PM   #72
BigV
Goon Squad Leader

SG:

Would you analyze mine from the sample pictured above? Please?
Old 01-03-2007, 02:07 PM   #73
Sundae
polaroid of perfection

You can only do it using "handwriting" (what we call joined-up and I think you call cursive). Printing just doesn't match the samples that you choose from I'm afraid. I'm happy to go through the test for you if you post something clear enough for me to read though.
Old 01-03-2007, 02:19 PM   #74
Iggy
Back and ready to tart up the place

I would love to do that, but I don't write cursive (or joined-up). When I was learning it in school I was told I wouldn't really need it so I didn't pay attention in class. I did just enough to get me by, and now I have basically forgotten how.
Old 01-03-2007, 04:07 PM   #75
Clodfobble
UNDER CONDITIONAL MITIGATION

I found that when I print quickly, it sort of morphs into its own special form of cursive, which was good enough for their test (I did it awhile back when a friend sent me to the site.) However, be advised that they will send you spam everyday for the rest of your life.
Clodfobble is offline   Reply With Quote