The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Home Base

Home Base A starting point, and place for threads don't seem to belong anywhere else

Old 10-31-2009, 10:00 PM   #31
monster
I hear them call the tide

Attached Images

Old 10-31-2009, 10:39 PM   #32
Pico and ME
Are you knock-kneed?

I dressed as an urban cowgirl for work tonight while my husband dressed as an aging hippy for a party at friends. Now Im drinking Baileys on the rocks.

(Firefox does not recognize 'hippy'...wtf)
Pico and ME is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2009, 06:21 AM   #33
Radar
Constitutional Scholar

Took Nina Out with Her cousins to Trick or Treat.
Attached Images

Old 11-01-2009, 07:13 AM   #34
glatt

Daughter and all her friends went as various candy, she and I spent some time making this Swedish Fish costume. My son was Anakin, which was a lot easier.

We went over to another neighborhood so my daughter could be with all her candy friends. That neighborhood had a big bonfire that they had trouble starting in the rain, and TONS of kids going from house to house. It was funny, there would be like ten kids in a line at every house going from the sidewalk to the front door. Hundreds of kids in a one block area.

Then we ended the evening on the front porch of a neighbors house, eating pumpkin pie, drinking beer and hanging out.
Attached Images

glatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2009, 07:47 AM   #35
skysidhe
~~Life is either a daring adventure or nothing.~~

good times! Lot's of great photos.

Congratulations on your son's win Juniper.

Nicely done Swedish Fish costume.
Great Anakin costume too.
skysidhe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2009, 08:22 AM   #36
Clodfobble
UNDER CONDITIONAL MITIGATION

Oh! When you said she was going to be a Swedish fish, I thought you meant she'd be dressed like a piece of the candy, not the box. You guys did a great job with the logo.

We had an Imagination Mover, an octopus, and a Cacturne (a Pokemon.) My stepson's face is covered because I don't know if his mom would be cool with me posting his picture.
Attached Images

Clodfobble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2009, 08:49 AM   #37
wolf
lobber of scimitars

I didn't expect to do anything. I wasn't sure that going out and interacting with people was my best choice yesterday. I wasn't all that fun to be around, you know? But my friends knew better, and one of them invited me over to her house for Halloween. What's better for your mood than handing out huge bags of candy to kids, right? Except that my friend doesn't just hand out candy. She had a full-scale haunted house going on. I told her in advance I really didn't feel up to acting last night. My plan was to mope on the couch and just be around people.

So much for the plans. While I held fast and did not get transformed into the ghoulish cook in the kitchen, I ended up being one of the greeters, handing out bags of candy, and chit chatting with people who were waiting to be ready for the haunt. Apparently I did a really great job of putting people at ease and readying them for the unexpected ... A vampiress leaping out at them and shrieking. A couple of the teens never made it past the entry, the last "normal" room in the house. It was extraordinarily cool to watch these supposedly brave youngsters (males, mainly) turn tail and flee!

I ended up having a really good time.

"Conspiracies are the norm, not the exception." --G. Edward Griffin The Creature from Jekyll Island

High Priestess of the Church of the Whale Penis
wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2009, 08:58 AM   #38
glatt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clodfobble View Post
Oh! When you said she was going to be a Swedish fish, I thought you meant she'd be dressed like a piece of the candy, not the box.
Well, that was the original plan, but in the end, we figured the box would be easier. Even so, it took a few hours.
Old 11-01-2009, 09:03 AM   #39
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolf View Post
I ended up having a really good time.
You can't deny your inner witch.
Old 11-01-2009, 09:06 AM   #40
Juniper
I know, right?

My son love that swedish fish costume! It's his favorite candy. My daughter had a reese's costume last year that was similar. Homemade - my mom made it, actually, many years ago - but I think it was from a kit she got at the fabric store. Way cool, everyone!

Now I'm on my way to watch daughter's cheer competition.
Juniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2009, 12:16 PM   #41
Radar
Constitutional Scholar

I love clodfobble's little octopus. My daughter has been an animal every year, but she was upset with me this year. She wanted to be spiderman or a princess.
Old 11-01-2009, 01:13 PM   #42
Trilby
Slattern of the Swail

Why not Princess Spiderman? Seems obvious, really.
Trilby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2009, 01:52 PM   #43
Clodfobble
UNDER CONDITIONAL MITIGATION

Heh... I loved the octopus because it was $5 at the consignment store and I did not have to sew anything on it.
Clodfobble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2009, 02:02 PM   #44
glatt

yeah, the octopus is cool. The other two are good too, but since I'm clueless and don't recognize them, the octopus stands out for me.
Old 11-01-2009, 02:35 PM   #45
Radar
Constitutional Scholar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brianna View Post
Why not Princess Spiderman? Seems obvious, really.

Sure, now that you've said it out loud. Seriously, that never even occurred to me. I just wanted her to look super cute and I guess this is the last year she'll be my little dress up doll.