The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Nothingland
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Nothingland Something about nothing - game threads, diversions, time-wasters

Old 11-20-2008, 11:56 AM   #2821
Treasenuak
Multiorgasmic and wrapped in plastic

I'm going to be very busy next week while the ex is in town

Edit: whoops. Just realized what that sounded like. I MEAN, I'll be very busy with work and other commitments so I won't have to see/hear/deal with him very much. -facepalm- Things often sound much better in my head than when I get them down on paper

Last edited by Treasenuak; 11-20-2008 at 11:57 AM. Reason: I'm a doofus.
Treasenuak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2008, 12:07 PM   #2822
Cicero
Looking forward to open mic night.

Hopefully "commitments", as in, too busy with someone else.

Oh hai, bitter new divorcee here.... Just when I thought I couldn't be any grumpier. Heh.
Old 11-20-2008, 12:09 PM   #2823
SteveDallas
Your Bartender

I have just ordered this for Mrs. Dallas' birthday next Friday.

(Now I just need to come up with something for my Secret Santa gift....)
SteveDallas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2008, 12:23 PM   #2824
Treasenuak

Cicero... YUP!! Ted and friends out in LaVergne. I will be FAR too busy to spend any time with the ass... I mean, ex.

Steve... Lucky Mrs. Dallas!!
Old 11-20-2008, 12:23 PM   #2825
HungLikeJesus
Only looks like a disaster tourist

SD, besides practicing dis-arms, what do you use the AS guns for?

SteveDallas's Random Thread Picker.
HungLikeJesus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2008, 12:24 PM   #2826
Treasenuak

DUDE, HLJ, have you never run around the woods like an Army Ranger sniping your friends with an airsoft pistol or rifle?? Oh, honey, you need to come out my way for some FUN!! (and hot chocolate and HUGE steaks after!)
Old 11-20-2008, 12:25 PM   #2827
HungLikeJesus
Only looks like a disaster tourist

I've done that with paint ball guns. How do you know if someone's been hit with the airsoft pellets?

SteveDallas's Random Thread Picker.
HungLikeJesus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2008, 12:27 PM   #2828
Treasenuak

-evil grin- They yelp and grab the body part you hit. Airsoft pellets freakin STING!
Old 11-20-2008, 12:33 PM   #2829
LabRat
twatfaced two legged bumhole

This week's first official Daisy girl scout meeting went very well, I think. Two other moms and I are co-leading a brand new troop of 11 six year old girls. The girls all got along very very well. My daughter already has made a couple new friends, and I like both the co-leaders well enough that I should have a lot of fun over the next year too. A lot of preparation has gone into this and I am glad the ball is finally rolling.

I'm leaving early today to have my first parent-teacher conference. My daughter's first report card was good, and I was especially happy to see that her math skills all got highest marks. Art was the other high spot. I'm looking forward to seeing how she's doing, and what we can do to keep her moving in the right direction.

I took tomorrow off to spend the morning with my daughter, who has the day off of school, then I am heading out of town to my friend's place to hang out with her, then do my cross-country run Sat. I finally got in touch with the Tri Club member who I've gotten to know and like, who is also doing LHF, and we have planned to meet up to make sure each of us finishes, or at least makes it to a paramedic if needed.

Sunday is my daughter's birthday party, that should be a lot of fun, and Monday she is bringing treats to school because that is her actual birthday.

Next week is a short week due to the holiday, I'm only working Mon and 1/2 day Tues. I am looking forward to sitting around for the rest of it and doing freaking NOTHING for a few days but drinking Bailey's and hot chocolate and kicking my families ass at the Wii. Maybe doing a bit of Christmas shopping for good measure. My SS gift isn't gonna buy itself.
Old 11-20-2008, 01:33 PM   #2830
SteveDallas
Your Bartender

Quote:
Originally Posted by HungLikeJesus View Post
SD, besides practicing dis-arms, what do you use the AS guns for?
Nothing particular--but her favorite video arcade game of all time is a "police training" setup with an electronic pistol where you have to shoot your way through different tests. And she's said on several occasions that she like the idea of target shooting. I'm not clear whether she's actually ever tried it or not, but I figured a low power Airsoft gun and a couple targets down in the basement would make for some good winter entertainment.
SteveDallas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2008, 02:23 PM   #2831
footfootfoot
To shreds, you say?

Location: in the house and on the street-how many, many feet we meet!
I hear / see Mrs. Dallas in her best Will Smith voice: "But it was a good shot, right?" [/MIB]
Old 11-20-2008, 02:27 PM   #2832
Big Red
Fresh Incumbent

Quote:
Originally Posted by LabRat View Post
This week's first official Daisy girl scout meeting went very well, I think. Two other moms and I are co-leading a brand new troop of 11 six year old girls. The girls all got along very very well. My daughter already has made a couple new friends, and I like both the co-leaders well enough that I should have a lot of fun over the next year too. A lot of preparation has gone into this and I am glad the ball is finally rolling.

I'm leaving early today to have my first parent-teacher conference. My daughter's first report card was good, and I was especially happy to see that her math skills all got highest marks. Art was the other high spot. I'm looking forward to seeing how she's doing, and what we can do to keep her moving in the right direction.

I took tomorrow off to spend the morning with my daughter, who has the day off of school, then I am heading out of town to my friend's place to hang out with her, then do my cross-country run Sat. I finally got in touch with the Tri Club member who I've gotten to know and like, who is also doing LHF, and we have planned to meet up to make sure each of us finishes, or at least makes it to a paramedic if needed.

Sunday is my daughter's birthday party, that should be a lot of fun, and Monday she is bringing treats to school because that is her actual birthday.

Next week is a short week due to the holiday, I'm only working Mon and 1/2 day Tues. I am looking forward to sitting around for the rest of it and doing freaking NOTHING for a few days but drinking Bailey's and hot chocolate and kicking my families ass at the Wii. Maybe doing a bit of Christmas shopping for good measure. My SS gift isn't gonna buy itself.
Evidently flowers do not make Labrat happy any more.
Big Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2008, 04:33 PM   #2833
Clodfobble
UNDER CONDITIONAL MITIGATION

I gots me a new camera!

Actually, I got one last week, but it sucked. Kodak C813, for the record. First big mark against it: I didn't notice on the model in the store, it has no viewfinder. You have no choice but to aim your shot based on the live tracking in the window. This is unacceptable to me because 1.) my hands are unsteady when held out in front of me like that, and 2.) those constantly-running video windows suck up batteries like a freaking Dyson with cyclone action.

But I hate being that guy (gal), who hassles the store with a return because they were too stupid to pick the right item in the first place. So I was going to persevere. Then I took some pictures with it, and the color quality was horrific. Seriously, I'm not a visual person at all, and these looked like shit. I played around with all sorts of settings, and there was no fixing it. There was an inherently digital look to all the colors, like you could see the clusters of RGB pixels trying to blend into whatever real-life color it was trying to mimic.

So I returned the crap camera and got a more expensive one. Turns out all but two models have no viewfinder. What is up with that? One model was this weird off-brand, and the other was a Canon PowerShot--i.e., the newer version of my old camera. Which I loved, but, you know, it did just break on me. But what the hell, I got it anyway.
Clodfobble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2008, 04:56 PM   #2834
DanaC
We have to go back, Kate!

Oh hey guys, mum says thanks for your well wishes

I think it gave her a buzz to think a bunch of people she's never met were concerned for her.
DanaC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2008, 05:00 PM   #2835
Aliantha
trying hard to be a better person

I'm happy because by this time next week, Dazza will be home again although by this time next week, he'll probably be sleeping. lol