The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Nothingland
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Nothingland Something about nothing - game threads, diversions, time-wasters

Old 12-03-2009, 01:04 AM   #1
Juniper
I know, right?

To-Do Lists?

Since we're discussing such mundane things like cleaning your house and cars, here's another question for you - how do you remember all the shit you've got to do every day?

Or is it just me that has way too much going on in her life? (doubt it)

I have a planner. Haven't graduated to electronics for that purpose - or rather, I have, but it didn't work as well as the old-fashioned weekly planner book. That's only for appointments, kids' events & sports practices, etc. The running to-do list is different.

I usually write everything down in a spiral notebook, re-doing a new page every day. And it's FULL. I swear, I torture myself with this list, putting down things I can never accomplish in a week, much less a day. But if I don't, I am afraid I will forget them.

I list everything, from reminders to do laundry and scoop the litter box to deposit checks and paint my bedroom. At least I can cross off a few things each day, though there are things that I just write down every day, like wishful thinking.

I have categories: Home, Errands, Phone calls, Business, School, and Kids. Sometimes I add Grocery List and Do This Someday.

I can barely fit it all on a standard notebook size page.

Today I managed to cross off four things.

Go, me.
Juniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2009, 01:10 AM   #2
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

If you write everything down, everything becomes important, and some of it ain't. Only write down things that absolutely, positively, have to be done today. If you write them down the night before, you've got at least 8 hrs to think of reasons they don't have to be done.
Old 12-03-2009, 01:28 AM   #3
ZenGum
Doctor Wtf

I keep a day-per-page desk calendar on the table where I have breakfast. Each day I write today's goals (try not to say chores) on today's page, and take it with me through the day. At the end of each day, I can (but don't always) review it to see how I did.
Then I throw the paper in the bin, and think, there is another day I will never have again. How shall I spend tomorrow?

I think this has actually helped in my fight against procrastination, lethargy, and inertia; almost enough to balance out the effects of the cellar.

Oh when you do make a things-to-do list, put "make things-to-do list" at the top. Five minutes later, you've got your first job crossed off and momentum is yours!
Old 12-03-2009, 01:39 AM   #4
Trilby
Slattern of the Swail

why is juni up at 2:00 in the morning? Why is Bruce?

(since Zen is in Baustralia, he gets a pass - It's prolly a decent hour down under!)
In Barrie's play and novel, the roles of fairies are brief: they are allies to the Lost Boys, the source of fairy dust and ...They are portrayed as dangerous, whimsical and extremely clever but quite hedonistic.

"Shall I give you a kiss?" Peter asked and, jerking an acorn button off his coat, solemnly presented it to her.
—James Barrie

Wimminfolk they be tricksy. - ZenGum
Trilby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2009, 01:42 AM   #5
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

Because I work 2nd shift and don't have to get up until 11ish. :p
Old 12-03-2009, 01:45 AM   #6
Trilby
Slattern of the Swail

Quote:
Originally Posted by xoxoxoBruce View Post
Because I work 2nd shift and don't have to get up until 11ish. :p
ah, good reason!

I'm up because I worship the bitch goddess that is INSOMNIA! I'm grabbing an ambien from the sister tomorrow, dammit!!!!
*puts 'get ambien from sister' on To-Do List*
In Barrie's play and novel, the roles of fairies are brief: they are allies to the Lost Boys, the source of fairy dust and ...They are portrayed as dangerous, whimsical and extremely clever but quite hedonistic.

"Shall I give you a kiss?" Peter asked and, jerking an acorn button off his coat, solemnly presented it to her.
—James Barrie

Old 12-03-2009, 01:46 AM   #7
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

Masturbate, rinse, repeat.
Old 12-03-2009, 01:49 AM   #8
Trilby
Slattern of the Swail

Quote:
Originally Posted by xoxoxoBruce View Post
Masturbate, rinse, repeat.
that, um, doesn't work with females the way it works for you males.

—James Barrie

Old 12-03-2009, 01:50 AM   #9
Juniper
I know, right?

Because Juni had coffee at 3 pm. BAD idea.

Especially for someone who is normally insomniac already.
Old 12-03-2009, 01:51 AM   #10
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brianna View Post
that, um, doesn't work with females the way it works for you males.
Well hell, ya gotta get tired sooner or later. try harder.
Old 12-03-2009, 01:52 AM   #11
Trilby
Slattern of the Swail

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juniper View Post
Because Juni had coffee at 3 pm. BAD idea.

Especially for someone who is normally insomniac already.
do you know someone you can score ambien from? coz that shit works.

—James Barrie

Old 12-03-2009, 01:52 AM   #12
Juniper
I know, right?

Fresh batteries.

No WAY am I taking ambien. I've heard people do crazy shit on that stuff.

Benadryl usually works, so does Tylenol PM, but then I feel zonked the whole next day.

Ah hell, I'll have one more beer and try to sleep.

Gotta get up at 6:30 or so to drive kids to school, then I can come back and sleep some more.
Old 12-03-2009, 02:03 AM   #13
Juniper
I know, right?

I knew this one chick online who claimed she had a "disorder" called Delayed Sleep Phase Syndrome. Basically meant she never went to sleep before two or three in the morning, then slept till noonish or beyond. Used it as an excuse for why she could never hold a regular job; said she just could not re-set her clock to the normal time, accepted it as a medically documented issue.

I kind of envied her. I've always been like that myself, though in my case I chalked it up to bad habits. Don't want to go to bed, don't wanna get up in the morning. Had that problem ever since I was a child. Couldn't sleep, went through life in a sleepy daze.

A friend of mine once said she was just stuck on California time. Though she lived near Ontario and had never even been to the west coast.

Me too, I guess. <<sigh>>
Old 12-03-2009, 02:04 AM   #14
Trilby
Slattern of the Swail

again, ambien can be your best friend. Works for me and NOTHING works for me.

—James Barrie

Old 12-03-2009, 08:37 AM   #15
Clodfobble
UNDER CONDITIONAL MITIGATION

I have a little freeware reminder program on my computer that pops up notices on an individual or recurring basis, whatever I want. But the "postpone" feature is a bad habit; I've been postponing one task by a few hours at a time for over 4 days now, even though I know I'm not going to have time to do it in a few hours either, so I'm getting more frustrated at its continued presence than I would if I could bring myself to postpone it for a few days instead.
Clodfobble is offline   Reply With Quote