The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Home Base
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Home Base A starting point, and place for threads don't seem to belong anywhere else

Old 11-19-2003, 08:35 AM   #91
Dagney
The Prodigal Brat Returneth

Quote:
Originally posted by april

Oh and yeah I wanted a baby at 17. Yeah there'll be alot of smartass comments on that one I'm just waiting for them.
My comments are not 'smartassed', purely questions to get a better understanding of things...

If you're 17, and are not able to completely take care of yourself (ie living on your own, away from your parents, supporting yourself and working for a living) why would you want a child that you will need to support for 18-20 years?

I could understand if you had already graduated from high school and were working at a job (of any type), but I can't fathom why someone would want to burden themselves more than they already are. (Or expect others to help with something they're not obligated to assist with)

April, I personally don't judge you for what you did, it's your life, but I hope that perhaps you could shed some light on why girls want to have children so young. (There has to be a reason - it's becoming nearly epidemic)

Dagney

Dagney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2003, 08:44 AM   #92
april

All my friends that had babies those were supposed "acciendents". I wanted a baby only b/c I thought they were cute. I didn't consider the responsibility of one. Yeah I made a mistake but I'm taking care of her, she is mine and I will do what I need to do.
april is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2003, 08:51 AM   #93
bmgb
Master of the Domain

The teen birth rate has shown a decline since the 1950s.
Link.
Old 11-19-2003, 08:54 AM   #94
april

Quote:
Originally posted by bmgb
The teen birth rate has shown a decline since the 1950s.
Link.
FINALLY someone with a positive attitude. Thanks!
Old 11-19-2003, 08:54 AM   #95
dave

How could you possibly classify my last few posts as anything other than a "positive attitude"?
Old 11-19-2003, 08:56 AM   #96
april

Not you but most people sorry.

People like FNF.
Old 11-19-2003, 08:57 AM   #97
FileNotFound
Intouch with his inner sheep rider.

Quote:
I wanted a baby only b/c I thought they were cute.
Just don't go out get a puppy cause they're cute. I'd hate to see yet another poor dog find itself in a dysfunctional family that loses interest in it once it looses it's cuteness.

By the way, have you ever taken an IQ test? I'm really curious, so far I think it's about half of GWBush...

Oh and the whole "teen birth rate continues to decline thing" it's not really a positive comment. It's more of an offtopic thread. The fact that teen birthrates are declining means kids are growing more responsible in general. You are not one of those kids.

You seeing this as positive is misguided at best. Thats like me saying "Number of speeders has declined! Go me!!" considering that I generaly go 20 over as long as the conditions allow...

These statistics have nothing to do with you and shouldn't make you feel warm and fuzzy inside.

Last edited by FileNotFound; 11-19-2003 at 09:02 AM.
FileNotFound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2003, 08:59 AM   #98
april

No I have not why? Send me one I give you the score.

Yeah right anyways.....
Old 11-19-2003, 09:01 AM   #99
dave

That was sarcasm.

April, if you click the "profile" button on one of FileNotFound's posts (it's near the bottom and on the left) and then, at the bottom of the page, in the dark purple background area, there's a link that says "Add FileNotFound to Your Ignore List" - you'd probably be better off clicking that link and following through with the instructions. His intent is to harrass you. He takes issue with you as a person, not with any particular habit you have, so it's probably best to just block him out.
Old 11-19-2003, 09:04 AM   #100
FileNotFound
Intouch with his inner sheep rider.

Quote:
No I have not why? Send me one I give you the score.

Yeah right anyways.....
Pick one.
FileNotFound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2003, 09:19 AM   #101
lumberjim
I can hear my ears

Dave,
are you being nice to April because you think you might be able to bang her? Or do you just honestly feel like she needs defending cuz she is obviously ill equipped to defend herself from the sharks in these waters? be honest.
lumberjim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2003, 09:23 AM   #102
dave

This is why.
Old 11-19-2003, 10:05 AM   #103
bmgb
Master of the Domain

Quote:
Originally posted by FileNotFound
Oh and the whole "teen birth rate continues to decline thing" it's not really a positive comment. It's more of an offtopic thread. The fact that teen birthrates are declining means kids are growing more responsible in general. You are not one of those kids.
You're right it has little to do with April. It was a response to Dagney...

Quote:
Originally posted by Dagney
...I hope that perhaps you could shed some light on why girls want to have children so young. (There has to be a reason - it's becoming nearly epidemic)
The "epidemic" is probably that more teens are keeping their babies.
Old 11-19-2003, 10:53 AM   #104
russotto
Professor

Quote:
Originally posted by Dagney

Even if you didn't stop it, or want to stop it, or did whatever you felt necessary to seduce him into taking him to bed with you, he was of the age of majority, you were of the age of minority, which by definition of the law of most states, was rape.
Ya know, trying to convince the girl she was raped if she wasn't (in the real, coercive sense, not statuatory rape) is not doing her any favors.

As for wanting a baby at 17... seems to be a common form of craziness (using the laymen's definition, mind you) afflicting young women. Maybe it's a leftover survival trait, I don't know.

It happened a lot at my high school, certainly (which had a day care, used by students, that some of my classmates went to when they were kids -- teen pregnancy is NOT a new phenomenon). Including to girls who sure as hell should have known better.
russotto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2003, 11:01 AM   #105
wolf
lobber of scimitars

Quote:
Originally posted by dave
Here's another opinion - your daughter's ugly.
Leave the kid out of it, Dave.

(and you know I don't ordinarily get in the way of a curmudgeonly rant. Take it out on Juju, not his offspring. At last not until she has her own account and can give back as good as she gets.)

"Conspiracies are the norm, not the exception." --G. Edward Griffin The Creature from Jekyll Island

High Priestess of the Church of the Whale Penis
wolf is offline   Reply With Quote