The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Home Base
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Home Base A starting point, and place for threads don't seem to belong anywhere else

Old 12-02-2003, 02:04 PM   #151
darclauz
Breathing into a paper bag

Quote:
Originally posted by FileNotFound

Yes April, anyone who agrees with me is my relative or my clone or my fake account or whatnot..

God forbid somebody other than I believe that you're a hopeless idiot.

You and your friends are all prime candidates for Grouphug.us
bro!
Old 12-02-2003, 02:06 PM   #152
darclauz

Quote:
Originally posted by april
Ok are you FNF's brother?

She is a friend its not as easy has you think!
having been a 15 year old girl......... it is that easy.

it's all about personal responsibility.

all of us go through it.

once we have established personal responsibility, then we take the consequences for our actions, we get help, figure out what the problem is..............

or join the cellar and whine ad nauseum.
Old 12-02-2003, 02:07 PM   #153
FileNotFound
Intouch with his inner sheep rider.

Quote:
Originally posted by darclauz

bro!

Gha!
Impossible....Spanish stuff freaks me out and you got "Suspendí el español tres veces." written next to your name...as far as I know that might say "I want to cook and eat your eyeballs in your brain cavity!"
FileNotFound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2003, 02:08 PM   #154
april

Suspendí el español tres veces.

What does that mean?
april is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2003, 02:09 PM   #155
darclauz

Quote:

Gha!
Impossible....Spanish stuff freaks me out and you got "Suspendí el español tres veces." written next to your name...as far as I know that might say "I want to cook and eat your eyeballs in your brain cavity!"
freetranslation.com
Old 12-02-2003, 02:11 PM   #156
FileNotFound

I suspended the Spaniard three times.

Still says nothing to me! It might as well mean "I want to eat your eyeball brain soup out of your skull!"
Old 12-02-2003, 02:20 PM   #157
lumberjim
I can hear my ears

isn't tube tying relatively permanent? what about when the girl gets her shit together and is actually ready to rear a child? I am refraining from judging april's ability to perform said rearing, in this case, but wouldn't an ounce of prevention (as opposed to the pound of prevention that sterilization represents) be more appropriate?

as far as baby eating goes, i'm against it. they give me gas, ......and a modicum of guilt. why not donate them to science? or a reality show?

food for thought

pun intended
lumberjim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2003, 02:22 PM   #158
FileNotFound

It's not permanent; (it CAN be) but generaly it is not.

Strings are tied over the tubes. Thats it. The strings can just as easily be untied.

I am not a doctor and I have not done research on this recently but thats what I know.
Old 12-02-2003, 02:49 PM   #159
vsp
Syndrome of a Down

Quote:
Originally posted by lumberjim
[b]isn't tube tying relatively permanent? what about when the girl gets her shit together and is actually ready to rear a child? I am refraining from judging april's ability to perform said rearing, in this case, but wouldn't an ounce of prevention (as opposed to the pound of prevention that sterilization represents) be more appropriate?
That depends. Since the subject of the "tubes tied" comment was a 31-year-old granny-of-five, I think it's pretty safe to suggest that she has neither the desire, self-control, nor self-awareness to practice less dramatic birth-control methods. If she believes that God's role for her is to churn out kids like a vending machine (insert roll of dimes, hit M-9, wait nine months, wait for it to go *thud* into the retrieval tray), trying to impress the realities of child-rearing upon her is probably fruitless.

Of course, nobody's saying that she should have it done _to her_; for obvious reasons, it has to be a voluntary choice. But it's a damn fine suggestion, as is giving copies of Tube-Tying For Dummies as Christmas gifts to her teenage kids, or at least a couple of cases of condoms for each (which'll also help keep them from contracting something nasty).
vsp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2003, 03:09 PM   #160
Undertoad
Radical Centrist

Quote:
as far as baby eating goes, i'm against it. they give me gas,
I told you just stick with the tender muscle meat and you had to dive into the intestines.
Undertoad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2003, 03:19 PM   #161
lumberjim
I can hear my ears

Quote:
Originally posted by Undertoad

I told you just stick with the tender muscle meat and you had to dive into the intestines.
you know me, all or nutin, baby!
lumberjim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2003, 05:26 PM   #162
ladysycamore
"I may not always be perfect, but I'm always me."

Quote:
Originally posted by lumberjim
isn't tube tying relatively permanent?
I think it depends on the sterilization method done. If the tubes are tied, then it can be reversed as opposed to burning, freezing, implants in the tubes, etc.

Quote:
what about when the girl gets her shit together and is actually ready to rear a child? I am refraining from judging april's ability to perform said rearing, in this case, but wouldn't an ounce of prevention (as opposed to the pound of prevention that sterilization represents) be more appropriate?

You'd be surprised how many women under 25 would love to get sterlized. They are more focused on career than childrearing, and that's why many wait later in life to have kids, or opt to have none at all. The thing is that many doctors will not perform the procedure because THEY think that the girl is too young, she'll change her mind later, etc.

I'm on a newsgroup of childfree folk, and many of them are young girls asking how to find doctors that WILL perform the procedure, no questions asked.

"The Akan concept of Sankofa: In order to move forward we first have to take a step back. In other words, before we can be prepared for the future, we must comprehend the past." From "We Did It, They Hid It"
ladysycamore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2003, 05:30 PM   #163
ladysycamore
"I may not always be perfect, but I'm always me."

Quote:

Yes April, anyone who agrees with me is my relative or my clone or my fake account or whatnot..

God forbid somebody other than I believe that you're a hopeless idiot.

You and your friends are all prime candidates for Grouphug.us
I peeked at that site..Da hell?!!? LOL, wow is all I can say!

"The Akan concept of Sankofa: In order to move forward we first have to take a step back. In other words, before we can be prepared for the future, we must comprehend the past." From "We Did It, They Hid It"
ladysycamore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2003, 06:16 PM   #164
OnyxCougar
Junior Master Dwellar

Quote:
Originally posted by darclauz

a 15 year old who had been pregnant twice already could find help from various organizations with that, if she worked as hard at putting some thought in as she did putting out.
Find a decent doctor, medicare or otherwise, who will sterilize a 15 year old girl and I'll be really surprised. I had 2 kids, 2 additional pregnancies and was 26 years old and the doctor (the one I was paying, and NOT on an HMO), refused. So did 3 other doctors.

So it's not so easy to get tubes tied. Not that I don't think it's a great idea... having one baby so young is a mistake (or plain stupidity) and having more babies after that so young is straight up stupidity.

note: before everyone freaks out about my use of the word "mistake", I don't mean to imply that the child has less worth, but that the parents in question made a mistake, be that in "I thought babies were cute, and I wanted one as a teenager" or "I chose to have unprotected sex."

Last edited by OnyxCougar; 12-02-2003 at 06:31 PM.
OnyxCougar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2003, 07:47 PM   #165
SteveDallas
Your Bartender

Quote:
Originally posted by OnyxCougar
I had 2 kids, 2 additional pregnancies and was 26 years old and the doctor (the one I was paying, and NOT on an HMO), refused. So did 3 other doctors.
So did you have it done eventually??? I have to admit I'm shocked. I can sort of see the reluctance to perform irreversible sterilization on a teenager. But a grown woman? Refusing to tie her tubes if she doesn't have kids because she might decide she wants some later is meddling, IMO. Refusing a woman who already has 2 kids and doesn't want any more is just plain damn idiotic.

IMO.
SteveDallas is offline   Reply With Quote