The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Nothingland
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Nothingland Something about nothing - game threads, diversions, time-wasters

Old 04-09-2009, 12:37 AM   #3616
Sun_Sparkz
Has Body Temperature

Have not done an essay in over 8 years, and I have got to hand in my first of many more in 30 mins- still have 2000 words to go. (obviouslly, this is not going to be handed in)
I am pissed at myself for letting myself down and not preparing my time better. I had to move, accomodate people, stress over 100 other things and just left this all way too late and it turned out to be harder than i remember.
Farrk.
Why was procrastination ever even invented?! seriously! WHEN will i ever understand that if i just DO IT - it will be ok and all happen. instead i have to wank about and waste my precious precious time and then leave everything to the last minuite.
FARRK.
I dont wanna be the girl in class that is always callign the lecturer in tears at 30 mins to the due date and time.
FARRRK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 04-09-2009, 12:46 AM   #3617
Tulip
Professor

I remember bringing to class muffins rather than a paper due that day that was 30% of our grade. :p A classmate said, "I see where your priorities are." Hehe.....Wouldn't have finished the paper whether I baked the muffins are not, and it was my day to bring snacks. :p
Tulip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2009, 12:48 AM   #3618
ZenGum
Doctor Wtf

So, sparky, what are you doing here, hmmmMMM????

Back to work!!!
Old 04-09-2009, 09:18 AM   #3619
Queen of the Ryche
is fleeing the scene

Hadn't heard from my best friend in Cali since last week - we usually keep in touch a bit better- she wasn't returning my calls. Was worried so I e-mailed her - turns out she picked up her heroine addict son from jail (did his year for burglary) on Saturday, just to get home to find out her dad was in the ER - had a stroke. They found two brain tumors. Got him stabilized, sent him home. Last night he had another stroke - turns out one of the brain tumors burst. Never heard of that before.
The thing is, he's more than just my best friend's dad - he's been a dad to me ever since my dad commited suicide. My adughter calls him grandpa. And he's in Cali, I'm in Colorado - don't know what to do from here other than hope and pray and send the family my love. I feel helpless and hopeless and want to cry. (And of course his dog got sick the same day he did - they almost put the dog down but he told them to wait until he got out of the hospital - so now the dog is home on serious meds to control her seizures.)

I'd rather be judged by twelve than carried by six.
Queen of the Ryche is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2009, 09:34 AM   #3620
Pie
Gone and done

Oh, queen -- I'm so sorry. I hope he stabilizes. I know it's hard being so far away...
Old 04-09-2009, 09:39 AM   #3621
Queen of the Ryche
is fleeing the scene

Thanks Pie. Just got a text from my BF - they're moving him to a better hospital right now.

Old 04-09-2009, 11:20 AM   #3622
Queen of the Ryche
is fleeing the scene

Update: something to do with the arteries, they're going to do surgery - details are foggy.

Old 04-09-2009, 11:52 AM   #3623
Shawnee123
Why, you're a regular Alfred E Einstein, ain't ya?

I'm thinking of you and your loved ones, QotR. It's hard to be so far away, I'm sure.
Old 04-09-2009, 12:09 PM   #3624
Queen of the Ryche
is fleeing the scene

Yeah that's the worst part - There's not a damn thing I can do from here. I want to give my family hugs, and want them to hug me.

Old 04-09-2009, 12:19 PM   #3625
Nirvana
Back in 10

That must be so hard for you Qof t R
Old 04-09-2009, 12:34 PM   #3626
Queen of the Ryche
is fleeing the scene

Kinda weird - they've been friends of mine and my exes forever - more family than friends. My ex and I are both out here (daughter too) so we've agreed if we go back for funeral, etc. we all three go together.

Old 04-09-2009, 12:38 PM   #3627
DanaC
We have to go back, Kate!

Oh Queenie, that's horrible. I'm so sorry you're going through this. I'll be thinking positive thoughts, and as usual Pilau will also be contributing some positive energy. Remember you can come here and offload whenever you need it. *hugs*

@ Sunsparkz. I am that girl :P
DanaC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2009, 12:41 PM   #3628
Queen of the Ryche
is fleeing the scene

Thank you all so much. You guys are the best electronic huggers.

Old 04-09-2009, 06:54 PM   #3629
Tiki

That's terrible, Queen... I hope he's OK.
Old 04-09-2009, 08:03 PM   #3630
capnhowdy
Blatantly Homosapien

I haz prayers.

Tags
swiss