The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Home Base
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Home Base A starting point, and place for threads don't seem to belong anywhere else

Old 11-12-2003, 12:11 PM   #16
Undertoad
Radical Centrist

Slang's #1 and #2 are separate pranks, D.
Undertoad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2003, 12:14 PM   #17
dave

Uh. Yeah. Huh huh. I know. Huh huh, huh huh huh huh huh huh.
Old 11-12-2003, 12:16 PM   #18
lumberjim
I can hear my ears

we once had a gay suicide intervention team "come to the rescue" of a cook where i used to work.

he was a little perturbed, as he was neither gay nor suicidal
lumberjim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2003, 12:41 PM   #19
wolf
lobber of scimitars

Did you hire them from the same local agency that provides Gorillagrams and Strip-O-Grams or was there really such a crisis team in your area?

"Conspiracies are the norm, not the exception." --G. Edward Griffin The Creature from Jekyll Island

High Priestess of the Church of the Whale Penis

Last edited by wolf; 11-12-2003 at 12:45 PM.
wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2003, 03:02 PM   #20
lumberjim
I can hear my ears

I don't know, the manager called them.....i just saw the results
Old 11-12-2003, 05:18 PM   #21
tonksy
100:10100

this is more of a good natured one but....we had this chief on the ship who was never without this stupid little coffee mug...until one day he left it on his desk while he went to the potty....said mug was stolen and then photographed with a polaroid in...uh, compromising situations...said pictures were left on his desk, in his rack, slipped into his locker. it was alot of fun!
Old 11-12-2003, 05:44 PM   #22
Elspode
When Do I Get Virtual Unreality?

Take a couple of mustard and ketchup packets from your local scarf and run, and then carefully apply to the bottom of a co-worker's desk drawer pull.

You can't beat the classics.
Old 11-13-2003, 04:37 PM   #23
one earth
least significant bit

Quick and Dirty

Got to control panel and switch the left and right mouse buttons. You can also fiddle with mouse tracking speed if you want to be even dirtier.
one earth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2003, 08:52 PM   #24
Uryoces
2nd Covenant, yo

Quote:
Originally posted by sycamore
I saw this on one of those chain e-mails: Replace the coffee in the coffee maker with decaf. Wait a week, then put regular back in.
Ah! No! That's wrong!
Put tape on the bottom of the mouse, so that the ball doesn't move. If it's optical, tape a small square of paper over the sensor.
Old 11-15-2003, 01:30 AM   #25
Kitsune
still eats dirt

Switch off the power strip under their desk that their PC is plugged into. Plug 130dB horn into the power strip and hide the horn behind the wastecan.

The bump on their head lasts for days...
Kitsune is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2003, 07:08 AM   #26
Scopulus Argentarius
Your current user title is:

Years ago....Sort of fixed up a help-desk supervisor. While he was out I recorded his phone ring-tone (desk phone), added a few seconds og no sound and associated the wav file with a few very different windows events.

It took him a few minutes to figure out the source - the delay helped.
Scopulus Argentarius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2003, 10:41 AM   #27
slang
St Petersburg, Florida

I just remembered this little office prank. It isn't new but I thought it was funny in this case.

Once upon a time I worked with a man we called stinky. He was not only stinky but he'd corner you in your cube and ramble on and on and on about something we had no intertest in. On top of that, he was the bitterest old bastard I knew. Everything done or said boiled down to a personal attack on him.

At first, I felt bad for this guy so I wouldnt just totally blow him off and leave midsentance. It wasnt long though that he was kinda getting on everyone's nerves.

It was a new guy that came up with this "easy out" technique. Stinky had me cornered, blabbing on and on, when my phone rang.

ring-ring

slang: Engineering, can I help you?
co-worker: Actually, I'm calling to help YOU. I see he's right there.
slang: Yes, I'll be right out.

Then I'd blast out of the cube like there was something to attend to, or grab some drawings until Stinky left.

That in itself is not anything new. It's how far we took that concept that was funny. As Stinky's resistance to the "rescue calls" increased, so did the duration and timing of the calls. They became orchestrated and we each took turns "running the phones".

The time that we each were most vulnerable to a stink diatribe was coming back from lunch. Everyone else in the department was aware of how annoying the situation had become so I went to a couple of people whos desks were located on the route back from lunch. I asked them if it would be ok to use their phone as I was coming back from lunch and explained what I wanted to do. They all agreed.

As we walked back from lunch, one of us would split from the group as the others passed the lobby. This was our timing reference. At this time one of us would go to four desks in another department and pull the phone off the hook and dial one of our extensions and move on to the next phone, dial the next extension, etc. After all our phones were dialed and ringing, the "phone runner" would head back to the cube.

The result was that all 4 of our phones were ringing just as we walked into the cube. If Stinky was there, we'd make like we were talking to someone on the phone. If he wasnt there, we'd just hang up and go back to work. This worked like a charm and Stinky left us alone right after lunch.

If he wandered over some other time, it wasn't long before someone fired off a "rescue call". This got to be so effective and normal we quit thinking it was funny and just accepted it as what was required to keep Stinky away. It wasnt until he came over to my desk one day that I thought it was funny again. He said

Stinky: Now I know (ring-ring....ring-ring) your phone is going to ring, so I need to ask you a question quickly....
slang: Can ya hold on for a minute? My phone's ringing.
Stinky: (starts walking away) yes, people seem to get calls precisely when I walk over to them....coincidence, I'm sure. People used to get calls after I was talking to them for a few minutes but now, just by chance, they consistently get calls when I start talking.

Last edited by slang; 11-23-2003 at 08:12 PM.
slang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2010, 02:56 PM   #28
lumberjim
I can hear my ears

blue screen of death screen saver

I have not tested it......yet
Old 06-28-2010, 03:03 PM   #29
classicman
barely disguised asshole, keeper of all that is holy.

Guy at work was the only one in when the new office chairs arrived. The chairs were all the same (cloth) except for one nice pleather chair which he, of course took for himself.
A little Armor all while he was out to lunch and I am having fun watching him slip-slide away.
Old 06-28-2010, 03:14 PM   #30
dmg1969
I got nothing

I works indeed. Just hit the Esc key to exit it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lumberjim View Post
blue screen of death screen saver

I have not tested it......yet