The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Home Base
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Home Base A starting point, and place for threads don't seem to belong anywhere else

Old 04-16-2009, 08:43 PM   #31
Tiki

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nirvana View Post
http://www.bedbathstore.com/tenshowrod.html

Temporary cheap solution, fits any doorway and no one could mistake the message a closed curtain says or maybe you can embroider Keep Out on the outward facing side..... Leaves no marks and fully removable at any time.
That is actually a totally cute idea, and I've thought about putting up a curtain (I even bought the curtain for it, just never got around to putting up the rod - I bought these cute brass cafe curtainrod brackets and then misplaced them) but because of the floor plan, I don't think it will help - when we built the addition where my office is housed, I designed it with the assumption that my husband and I were staying together, and I wanted it to be fairly open to the house so that in the evenings, when everyone was home, I could use my computer/listen to music/read without being isolated from the rest of the family. All the bookshelves are in here, so it doubles as the library. It's open to the kitchen via a large, not-door-sized doorframe on one side, and the back door is on the far wall. To the left is my oldest daughter's bedroom door.

The room is impeccably functional as I designed it, with the assumption that I would be working in it when everyone was at work or school, and using it as recreational/open access space the rest of the time. I can even let the dogs in and out without getting up from my chair! I just failed to plan for contingencies like divorce.
Old 04-28-2009, 08:04 AM   #32
capnhowdy
Blatantly Homosapien

Name:  BigCupOf11.jpg
Views: 275
Size:  60.3 KB
Old 04-28-2009, 01:47 PM   #33
Tiki

Quote:
Originally Posted by capnhowdy View Post
I love that.
Old 04-28-2009, 07:21 PM   #34
capnhowdy
Blatantly Homosapien

Glad you like it. It's one of my old favorite standbys.
Old 04-29-2009, 12:37 AM   #35
Crimson Ghost
Larger than life and twice as ugly.

GG Allin - Don't Talk To Me

Well I'm just sick and tired of talking on the phone
Sitting in your room conversing all alone
Talk, talk, talk, talk, talking about everybody else
But what you really rather do is talking about yourself, so...

Don't talk to me, don't talk
Don't talk to me, don't talk You don't talk to me, don't talk

You don't talk to me
Not even a word, not even a whisper
Just button your lip!

You aught to have a case of bloody laryngitis!
We're sitting in a room with no one here beside us,
cause we're sick and tired of listening to your neurotic shit
Why don't you shut your mouth, stop acting like a twit

Cha cha cha cha cha cha cha cha chatter chatter chatter!

You talk to me all night, but I don't know whats the matter
When you yak yak yak yak yak yak yak yak yak yak yak yak yak!
I'd like to tie your hands and feet and put you in a sack!

You don't talk to me!

----------------------------------

That being said....

Thank Jebus for rollover minutes.
I showed The Wife the bill last month.
My phone - 179 minutes.
Her phone - 3,743 minutes.

Yet, I get told I talk too much.

I have no knowledge of the events which you are describing, and if I did have knowledge of them,
I would be unable to discuss them with you now or at any future period.

Don't waste your time always searching for those wasted years
Crimson Ghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2009, 02:43 AM   #36
Tiki

I live on a street where there are many, many cars and trucks and factories that pump and bang and grind all night and day. It is a miracle that I can write poetry or sleep or talk on the telephone or that my lover will visit me here. There is so much noise. Every few minutes a jet in comes in low or a prop job swings down like a kamikaze. There is an airport at the end of my street. The New Age people say that you choose all these things, choose the cars and trucks and airplanes, me and all of my neighbors. Well, maybe this is true, maybe we can't live without all this God damn noise. Maybe I need the noise to write poems, make love, and eat. I'm going to hang a sign out my window that says More Noise Please, or Thank You For Making Noise! Maybe we are the kind of people who need to have what we don't want just to get along, to do the basic things. Myself, I could not sleep last night and I could not close the window, either. I tried to tear the window out of its frame and put it in a closed position, banging and ripping with a hammer and a screwdriver, standing on the window ledge in my socks, three stories up. But the window wouldn't come out, the factory was screaming and the trucks were rumbling and the whole world was praying for silence and it was up to me to shut the window and I couldn't get it down. I was just making more noise. A jet went by and all the people waved. "Thanks!," I yelled as the shift changed without a lull in production at the big plant across the street. The workers lined up at the bus stop, watching me with my hammer in the window. I put sponge stoppers in my ears but I can't stand those things for more than a few minutes. Finally I put my head between two pillows. It is the same every night. I love it. I need it. "Without you I could not live! I would not have written this poem!," I yell, the window dangling half on, half off.

-Stephen Jesse Bernstein
Old 04-29-2009, 04:46 PM   #37
The Teapot
May Ter Dee

Fuck off you irritating geordie noise machine

-Jesus
The Teapot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2009, 07:50 PM   #38
skysidhe
~~Life is either a daring adventure or nothing.~~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Queen of the Ryche View Post