Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Health
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Health Keeping your body well enough to support your head

Old 07-08-2010, 03:32 AM   #16
Trilby
Slattern of the Swail

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pooka View Post
FYI... fairly regularly...when the kids are sleeping... before Flint hogs the computer... I check the WTF NSFW thread...hehe
That's why Flint loves you!

PS - keep up the good work, woman. I've never heard of this diet - interesting...I shall google anon.
In Barrie's play and novel, the roles of fairies are brief: they are allies to the Lost Boys, the source of fairy dust and ...They are portrayed as dangerous, whimsical and extremely clever but quite hedonistic.

"Shall I give you a kiss?" Peter asked and, jerking an acorn button off his coat, solemnly presented it to her.
—James Barrie

Wimminfolk they be tricksy. - ZenGum
Trilby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2010, 11:29 AM   #17
Pooka
Your Invisible Rabbit Friend

Thanks!

Which by the way... the WTF NSFW thread has been a bit slow lately...

No kidding Clod... For several years I couldn't concentrate to read... I'm soo happy to feel like I have my brain back.
Pooka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2010, 03:39 PM   #18
Pooka

Have hit a frustrating phase in the process... am still at 15 lbs... they say perhaps I'm retaining water and to take potassium...ok... done... and that it could be that right now I'm losing inches and not pounds as my skin tightens after the 15 lb loss... ok... we'll see. To be honest I've not been measuring... that is just too much work...
Old 07-09-2010, 05:41 PM   #19
Shawnee123
Why, you're a regular Alfred E Einstein, ain't ya?

I tend to look a lot less at the numbers and a lot more at how things fit. Going from "these pants are a bit tight but I think I can get away with it" to "these pants feel perfect" to "damn I'm going to have to buy some new damn pants, these are falling off" is wonderful!

My problem being I can cycle through all those things again, and again. Maybe I should pay more attention numbers...it's so easy to be back where you were without really noticing it happening.
Old 07-09-2010, 06:00 PM   #20
Pooka

Yeah... that is exactly what happened to me before... I wasn't watching the scale and before I knew it the only pants that fit were my yoga pants... and they were headed towards obscene.
Old 07-10-2010, 04:17 PM   #21
Pooka

Today I'm down 16.5lbs and dropping! Whoo hoo... I'm hoping my food schedule doesn't trow me off today... I totally forgot to eat until 3pm... whoops. Guess I'll be eating dinner at 9pm tonight... at least its a Saturday (not that it really makes a difference in my life)
Old 07-10-2010, 06:11 PM   #22
Clodfobble
UNDER CONDITIONAL MITIGATION

I'm curious, Pooka, now that you've been doing this awhile: do you feel that it's mostly the 500 calorie/day limit that's doing it, or are the other aspects of the program having a noticeable impact for you as well? (I honestly know nothing about the other parts of it, other than the references earlier in the thread to wearing gloves, which it sounded like you weren't doing...)
Clodfobble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2010, 06:37 PM   #23
Pooka

It is the result of the HCG... if I wasn't taking it I can tell you there is no way I would have lasted this long... that would be a starvation diet wich would actually have caused my body to store fat... plus I would have been so hungry I personally would not have lasted long. Not only that, but I wouldn't have energy, feel fantastic or be able to think very clearly.

Much like when I was pregnant and couldn't eat anything... pretty much the entire pregnancy and survived and had a healthy 7.5 lb baby... the HCG tells your body to take what it needs from your excess fat. It is pretty facinating really. So I may only be consuming 500 cal, but my body takes the rest of the calories it needs from my fat.

I am now using gloves...

If you'd like to read more about it... the text is called Pounds and Inches by Dr. Simeons.

The big draw back is that you really have to prepare all your own food so you know exactly what and how much you are eating... so that can be kinda a social downer. On the up side... I'm not shy about it... I eat first or prepare my own and bring it... in fact I'm throwing a B_day party for MIL tomorrow and I can't eat anything I'm making... they all know I'm on this diet and know I'm going to eat my boring food and still have fun visiting and serving everyone else. It also helps that 3 of my friends are on it and my other closest friend just doesn't eat soo... lots of support and no one trying to derail me.
Old 07-10-2010, 09:07 PM   #24
Clodfobble

Ah, I see. I didn't understand the role the HCG itself was supposed to play. So you're not actually hungry at all? That's fascinating.
Old 07-12-2010, 08:29 PM   #25
Tulip
Professor

Like Brianna, I have not heard of this diet either. I too will google it. Anways, congratulations on your weight and inches lost so far. Keep up the good work and good luck. I hope you'll be able to lose to your desired and healthy weight and keep it off. Any diet is hard!
Tulip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2010, 09:06 AM   #26
Pooka

I'm down 20lbs!!!! There are only 3 dresses and two pair of pants left in my closet that are too small... and I haven't worn any of them in 5 years.

I have a stack of clothes too big for me that now exceeds 2 feet in height! I'm going to the store today to get some more clothes that are slightly too tight for me... at this rate they'll fit next week. I should point out that I'll be going to the thrift store to buy them... no point in paying retail for somthing I may only wear for a month.

I started adding a second round of yoga and stretching to my exercise regime... and weather permiting we walk at night... other than that I'm not working out a whole lot, but given the nature of this diet it would be difficult to do more than I'm doing if you weren't already fit.

I also am now including potassium suppliments, cal-mag and B-12.
Old 07-14-2010, 05:48 PM   #27
Clodfobble

What form of B12? Pill, I'm assuming? I ask because my kids take an injectable form, which I had thought was very uncommon, but then another woman I met said she had been prescribed the injections for a thyroid problem (I think.)
Old 07-14-2010, 06:50 PM   #28
Pooka

I've taken subcutanious methyl B12 for about 5 years now... I stopped for a while after my doctor retired, but have come into a new supply... thank goodness. In the interim I was taking sublingual, but it doesn't do a whole lot for me... I do not absorbe B12 very well.
Old 07-20-2010, 02:28 PM   #29
Nirvana
Back in 10

This is interesting reading. I am assuming that you are using homeopathic drop since this requires daily hormone injections.

http://www.healthyhcg.com/Dr-Simeons...and-Inches.pdf
Old 07-20-2010, 05:54 PM   #30
Pooka

I am currently taking the HHCG (the Homeopathic), but I just got my prescription HCG, soooo I'm going to the health food store tomorrow to get more sublingual B12, colloidal silver and amber bottles to mix it so I can take the RX HCG as sublingual as well. I'm curious to see the differences. So far I've lost 24 lbs... not too shabby... but what is better is that I've dropped 4 dress sizes... seriously...