The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Cellar-related > Cellar Meta
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Cellar Meta Users, threads, etiquette, posting, usage, forums, why this place matters or doesn't

Old 12-21-2008, 07:25 PM   #121
morethanpretty
Thats "Miss Zipper Neck" to you.

I'm ready to guess who sent mygenerous spa basket:Sheldon?
Cuz u live in AZ and my stuff was from AZ.
Am I right? Am I?
If that aint it, I got nothin', outta ideas.

BTW if you look closely, one of the soaps is called "Tombstone Gunslinger Body Soap" I LOL'd when I saw that. It all seems like nice soap. I'll be testing the "Chocolate Mint" bars and "Dead Sea Scrub", the other soaps I'll have to resist though. I have bad reactions to certain "fragrances" they add to soaps, even within the same brand, weird I know. There were some other cool things in the basket non-soap that'll I have no fears about utilizing though!

Sorry I'm so late about giving a descriptive post, wasn't sure what to say. I didn't want to lie, but at the same time I feel rotten that I can't use some of it.
Old 12-21-2008, 07:32 PM   #122
morethanpretty
Thats "Miss Zipper Neck" to you.

SG: I'm kinda sad to inform you I didn't go to Mexico for your gourd. Actually, never been to Mexico at all. Always been to poor for vacations that are not family visits. No family south of the border.
I did go to a super-neat antique store downtown. Best shopping around if you ask me. I have a obsession with boxes, hide-holes, ect, I had a hard time parting with that find!
I'm glad you like the doily, I thought most people would find them weird. I knew you were cool and should like them tho!
I'm starting to think you're a British version of me.
Old 12-21-2008, 09:43 PM   #123
footfootfoot
To shreds, you say?

Location: in the house and on the street-how many, many feet we meet!
Here are my nifty ornaments:
Attached Images

Old 12-22-2008, 05:30 PM   #124
Aliantha
trying hard to be a better person

OK, here's my pics.

Pre opening

Name:  Photo0115.jpg
Views: 281
Size:  68.1 KB

And here they are revealed. A nutcracker ornament, a packet of lollies and the very best of all, a pie lifter with glass beaded handle. It's beautiful and I love it. I only have a couple of shoddy old ones around here, so that was a gift I could really use. I'd kiss you if you were standing next to me Case! You did very well.

Name:  SSgifts.jpg
Views: 291
Size:  30.0 KB

Here's a closer view of the handle. It's so pretty!

Name:  SShandle.jpg
Views: 282
Size:  29.4 KB
Old 12-22-2008, 05:31 PM   #125
Aliantha

Oh, and there were little notes with each gift too, but since the good camera hasn't arrived yet, i couldn't get a clear enough shot to show you those too.
Old 12-22-2008, 05:37 PM   #126
kerosene
Touring the facilities

I am glad I went with my instinct on the pie server, then. I found it at a local holiday art sale. They didn't want to sell it to me, for some reason...I think they were just advertising the art center in town. When I waved cash in front of them, they said "Oh, okay."

The other two gifts were impulse buys at the store...I just thought there was a chance that your grocery stores probably had different stuff than ours. Those were items that I liked, so hoped that you would, too.

I am so glad you like them! I figured you were really into baking and cooking (like me) and would like a special utensil.
kerosene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2008, 08:08 PM   #127
Sheldonrs
Master Dwellar

Quote:
Originally Posted by morethanpretty View Post
I'm ready to guess who sent mygenerous spa basket:Sheldon?
Cuz u live in AZ and my stuff was from AZ.
Am I right? Am I?
If that aint it, I got nothin', outta ideas.

BTW if you look closely, one of the soaps is called "Tombstone Gunslinger Body Soap" I LOL'd when I saw that. It all seems like nice soap. I'll be testing the "Chocolate Mint" bars and "Dead Sea Scrub", the other soaps I'll have to resist though. I have bad reactions to certain "fragrances" they add to soaps, even within the same brand, weird I know. There were some other cool things in the basket non-soap that'll I have no fears about utilizing though!

Sorry I'm so late about giving a descriptive post, wasn't sure what to say. I didn't want to lie, but at the same time I feel rotten that I can't use some of it.

I refuse to answer that question as it may tend to incriminate me. :-)

And that's why I sent a bunch of different types of soaps. Just in case of allergies. And I have no problems if you want to re-gift them to some of your friends or family. :-) I hope you like them.
And don't forget to play with the duckie. Hehehe

On another note. SS hasn't come for me yet. Must be because I'm Jewish. lol!!!
Old 12-22-2008, 09:14 PM   #128
richlevy
King Of Wishful Thinking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheldonrs View Post
On another note. SS hasn't come for me yet. Must be because I'm Jewish. lol!!!
Well, Chanukah isn't over until sundown next Monday, so they have time to catch up.
I have always believed that hope is that stubborn thing inside us that insists, despite all the evidence to the contrary, that something better awaits us so long as we have the courage to keep reaching, to keep working, to keep fighting. -- Barack Hussein Obama
richlevy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2008, 05:11 AM   #129
Aliantha

Quote:
Originally Posted by case View Post
I am glad I went with my instinct on the pie server, then. I found it at a local holiday art sale. They didn't want to sell it to me, for some reason...I think they were just advertising the art center in town. When I waved cash in front of them, they said "Oh, okay."

The other two gifts were impulse buys at the store...I just thought there was a chance that your grocery stores probably had different stuff than ours. Those were items that I liked, so hoped that you would, too.

I am so glad you like them! I figured you were really into baking and cooking (like me) and would like a special utensil.

You made brilliant choices. I'll be smiling and thinking of you every time I use the pie lifter. Good stuff!
Old 12-24-2008, 04:29 PM   #130
wolf
lobber of scimitars

Oh my, my, my! What a Merry Christmas Eve it is indeed!

A box has arrived at the WolfApt!

It's waiting under the tree!

Sometimes a reused box will yield a clue ... who is this fellow? Is he my Secret Santa? And what, pray tell, is a "Comb Bind"? Is that the stuff he's using to secure that unconvincing comb-over?

Ah ... I see. Comb Binding is the plastic thing that puts together the booklet that he's clutching to his chest like it's a personally autographed copy of Brianna's New Hot Autobiography titled "Autoerotography." Maybe he's so happy because she's coming over to personally reinact some of the spicier bits!

Curiouser and Curiouser ... so, let me think. Who is it that admits to working in marketing?

Moving on, there's an envelope with some little stars drawn on the front ... Just stars there, no clue, just an acknowledgement of my personal greatness.

I had trouble getting a good picture, so as I was moving the envelope to get a better look ...

Oooh! HelloKitty Goodness!!

"Conspiracies are the norm, not the exception." --G. Edward Griffin The Creature from Jekyll Island

High Priestess of the Church of the Whale Penis

Last edited by wolf; 12-24-2008 at 05:28 PM. Reason: Images fixed, having family time with momwolf
wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2008, 05:23 PM   #131
Trilby
Slattern of the Swail

Ah, the wolf is excited.

Christmas Accomplished!
In Barrie's play and novel, the roles of fairies are brief: they are allies to the Lost Boys, the source of fairy dust and ...They are portrayed as dangerous, whimsical and extremely clever but quite hedonistic.

"Shall I give you a kiss?" Peter asked and, jerking an acorn button off his coat, solemnly presented it to her.
—James Barrie

Wimminfolk they be tricksy. - ZenGum
Trilby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2008, 06:27 PM   #132
bluecuracao
in a mood, not cupcake

The comb bind guy looks like Gary Sinise--maybe wolf's present is a Hello Kitty CSI kit? You know there's gotta be one.

So, I unwrapped my Secret Santa gift last night, and got very excited when I saw the velvety jewelry box...and indeed, good things do come in small packages, as they say. Beautiful and elegant things!

I will have to leave it at that for now, until I can post proper photo documentation...I must model some of them.
bluecuracao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2008, 07:31 PM   #133
DanaC
We have to go back, Kate!

Hurray! my gift got here! *smiles* The postie decided to leave it underneath the upturned bottle-recycling tub outside my house...it may have been there for a few days lol. I found it accidentally when I was clearing up and decided to put some bottles out.

I haven't got my camera working again yet, so a description will have to do for now. The parcel contained a lovely paperbag and inside was a gorgeous teacage which has a little chain coming off it with a tiny British teapot design o the end.

Along with the tea cage were two packets of the most amazingly aromatic fruit tea. One of them (Caramel Apple) had unfortunately burst and was doing a damn fine impression of packaging, with just a hint of pot pourri lol. But there's still half left in the packet and the other one (Cherry Chocolate) is completely intact.

Either I am ridiculously easy to buy for, or my secret santa's pyschic lol. Thankyou Binky!
DanaC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2008, 12:24 AM   #134
wolf
lobber of scimitars

And so, the strip tease continues ...

Two delightful Hello Kitty Candies! They are labeled in Japanese, so I have no idea what kind of candy they are. They are wrapped like we would wrap gum, which, given those wily Japanese, means that these are likely some kind of squid jelly, bound with rice.

What else may be here??

A card picturing Matryoshka Santas, and not really giving any clues, at least not ones that I'm picking up on. Handwriting essentially nondescript. Is it block printed to avoid a feminine hand, or one that I might recognize?

More Asian stuff ... is it tea? Or something from one of the more mysterious aisles of the Asian Grocer ... Review of the reverse indicates something more mysterious. It's a powdered tomato base of some sort, meant to be used to enhance coloration.

And some mysterious gold-wrapped bundles ... what have we here?

A very cool shaker dispenser, that will henceforth be known as the "Hello Kitty Dalek." It says "Hello Kitty in the Kitchen" on the front.

These Bonito Flavored Seasoning Packets have been Satisfaction almost as long as I've been alive. Hmmm ... Hello Kitty in the Kitchen, Asian Natural Coloring Agent and Bonito Flavoring ... Is this a theme emerging?

This last one's a bit heavy ... and it's Whoo hoo! More Hello Kitty Kitchen Accessory!! A great pasta holder!

And there's something inside ...

Noodles!

Looks like I've got some very nifty meal fixin's here, and some great Hello Kitty Doodads!

Everything Proudly Displayed

I love it all! Thanks so much!!

Now to figure out who it came from ... the origin ZIP, if accurate, indicates Center City, within walking distance of Chinatown and Independence Hall.

Of course, my Santa could be the clever sort, and using this ZIP as misdirection (which leads me to suspect RichLevy).

My other guesses are classicman and bluecuracao.

My official guess is for ... blue. Is it you?

"Conspiracies are the norm, not the exception." --G. Edward Griffin The Creature from Jekyll Island

High Priestess of the Church of the Whale Penis
wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2008, 12:48 PM   #135
binky
all hollowed out

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanaC View Post
Hurray! my gift got here! *smiles* The postie decided to leave it underneath the upturned bottle-recycling tub outside my house...it may have been there for a few days lol. I found it accidentally when I was clearing up and decided to put some bottles out.

I haven't got my camera working again yet, so a description will have to do for now. The parcel contained a lovely paperbag and inside was a gorgeous teacage which has a little chain coming off it with a tiny British teapot design o the end.

Along with the tea cage were two packets of the most amazingly aromatic fruit tea. One of them (Caramel Apple) had unfortunately burst and was doing a damn fine impression of packaging, with just a hint of pot pourri lol. But there's still half left in the packet and the other one (Cherry Chocolate) is completely intact.

Either I am ridiculously easy to buy for, or my secret santa's pyschic lol. Thankyou Binky!
You're welcome!! I am so glad it came in time.