The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Nothingland
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Nothingland Something about nothing - game threads, diversions, time-wasters

Old 05-18-2014, 10:00 PM   #3961
Aliantha
trying hard to be a better person

You can even put some garlic juice in a spray bottle with water and try that for a more immediate fix.
Old 05-18-2014, 11:00 PM   #3962
monster
I hear them call the tide

...but then your mint will taste of garlic
Old 05-18-2014, 11:03 PM   #3963
Aliantha

Nah...the smell and flavour dont permiate. (Sp?). It doesnt need to be that concentrated.
Old 05-19-2014, 08:00 AM   #3964
glatt

I actually used Natural Orange cleanser on them. Sprayed the shit out of the mint and killed hundreds of the beetles. And then after 20 minutes or so, I hosed off the mint so the orange cleanser wouldn't kill the mint. Next morning, there were far far fewer beetles and the mint was still alive. I need to buy more of that orange spray.

These beetles are nymphs now. The last thing I need is to allow them to mature and lay eggs that will hatch next year. Gotta kill these babies.
glatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2014, 01:18 AM   #3965
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

You need predators. Will Ladybugs eat those things?
Old 05-25-2014, 04:33 PM   #3966
Sundae
polaroid of perfection

I had a mouse adventure the other day.
An adventure with a mouse.
I was on my lunch break, walking home to Diz, when I noticed a mouse ambling across the road. I mean he really didn't seem to be in any hurry. I considered that he might even be a tame escapee, because wild rodents usually dart and scamper.

Omg I really didn't want to see him made into mouse jam before I had my sandwich.
There wasn't any traffic on my side of the road because of the traffic lights at the nearby junction, so I went into the road to harry him a little, to hurry him up.

So he sought refuge under the nearest parked vehicle, a Mercedes van. Which had its reversing lights on. Sigh. I stood behind it, in clear sight of the mirrors and watched as Brer Mouse climbed into the alloy wheel. When will this responsibility ever end?

I had to go and knock on the window of the van, which it turned out was (about to be) driven by an immaculately turned out young blonde lady. "A mouse has just climbed into your wheel arch" I explained. "My wheel arch?" she asked, which I thought was odd, because my mind would have snagged on the word mouse, but hey, maybe she was stealing the van.
She got out and Mr Mouse's taily was sticking out. She shrieked then, in proper 50's sitcom fashion.

I reached in, hoping to spook Sir Mouse, before the lady either swooned or just got tired of the whole affair and drove off. Of course no mouse, tame or wild likes great big sausage fingers appearing suddenly. Bite. Ow! Withdrew said fingers sharply, without realising they were still mousified.

Whizz goes the mouse. Dangermouse, flying over the road, right into the path of the oncoming traffic. Exactly what I'd been trying to save him from in the first place.

Luckily the whole debacle had taken enough time for the lights to change and the traffic on the other side of the road was now static, queuing at the lights. A lovely lady in a very big white car saw something at least that made her brake.

I darted across the road, picked up Bitey Mouse from where he was lying on his back, stunned and deposited him in the flower bed. Oh, I picked him up by his tail, and he was alive enough to squeak at me, so maybe he did live. What can I say? I did what I could.

My finger of course bled like buggery. No tissues in my bag, all I could find was a strip of paper. I had to go home smeared with oil from the wheel, blood from the bite over my whole hand and running down to my wrist and the fear I'd been bitten by a mad mouse and still deal with a hungry cat, make myself a sandwich and get back to work!

Anyway. No real resolution to the story. Mouse was gone by the time I walked home. I didnt look on my way back to work. No infection from the bite. But if he was a weremouse I might not know the full extent until the next moon.
Old 05-25-2014, 06:27 PM   #3967
Lola Bunny
Junior Master Dwellar

OMG! You're such a good person, Sundae. A lot of people would've just let the mouse to its fate.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk
Lola Bunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2014, 03:11 AM   #3968
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

Any wild animal you harry/chase/grab, will bite/claw/gore, to avoid becoming a meal. It's not will he bite, it's how big a bite will he take.
Attached Images

Old 06-01-2014, 02:15 AM   #3969
sexobon
I love it when a plan comes together.

Whorrific!
sexobon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2014, 05:05 PM   #3970
BigV
Goon Squad Leader

It's nice outside. I've been weeding for a few hours. I came inside for a bathroom break and decided to mix a drink.

whoops.

I don't know how much more weeding is gonna take place. I drank too much too fast. Maybe Ill just go outside and sit in the chair and take in the glory of my partially weeded garden and wait to be able to stand/walk/kneel/weed/focus with more confidence/consistency.

that sounds kinda terrible, but look. I was very thirsty, and I got this big cup I like. I filled it with ice, full! and then mixed in some marga mix, triple sec, oops, no tequila, so vodka, what the hell, I only taste the mix anyhow.

Man... tha's a big cup. probably 32 oz, and it's almost all gone now.

I'm gonna go try to pull some more grass out of the flower beds.

============

in different news, the radio just announced baseball sized hail in Nebraska. fucking fuck. that is icy death from above. yeeeee-ikes.
Old 06-03-2014, 06:21 PM   #3971
Aliantha

Have fun with that V.
Old 06-03-2014, 08:37 PM   #3972
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

Some Nebraska hail.
Attached Images

Old 06-03-2014, 10:37 PM   #3973
BigV
Goon Squad Leader

Fucking *ouch*.
Old 06-05-2014, 03:09 PM   #3974
infinite monkey
Person who doesn't update the user title

If smart phones are so smart, how come the screen is completely invisible in the sunshine?

Also (TMI WARNING): I have neon yellow mucus coming out my nose, after a month of an awful cold or whatever it's been. Like toxic waste colored neon yellow.

You might think it's funny, but it's snot.

Last edited by infinite monkey; 06-05-2014 at 03:14 PM.
infinite monkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2014, 03:20 PM   #3975
glatt

Quote:
Originally Posted by infinite monkey View Post
but it's snot.
Hee hee!

That never gets old.
glatt is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
dum, oh the whorror