The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Images > Quality Images and Videos
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Quality Images and Videos Post your own images and videos of your own days

Old 04-16-2011, 11:00 PM   #256
Tulip
Professor

Ahhh....it's my flashlight. Here's a close look of it, and my flashlight collection.
Attached Images

Tulip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2011, 11:33 PM   #257
lookout123
changed his status to single

er... is that flashlight collection just a convenient excuse to have a lot of batteries on hand?
Old 04-17-2011, 12:28 AM   #258
Tulip
Professor

Most of them use rechargeable batteries so I need lots on hand.
Old 04-17-2011, 12:51 AM   #259
skysidhe
~~Life is either a daring adventure or nothing.~~

In case of a major power failure you can rent them out!

..but I don't see teeny tiny skinny flashlights. I would want one of those.
skysidhe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2011, 01:07 AM   #260
Cloud

damn. I can NEVER find my flashlight when I need it!
Old 04-17-2011, 09:33 AM   #261
HungLikeJesus
Only looks like a disaster tourist

Nice collection. Do you have any that you shake or wind-up to charge?

SteveDallas's Random Thread Picker.
HungLikeJesus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2011, 09:38 AM   #262
Sundae
polaroid of perfection

Quote:
Originally Posted by casimendocina View Post
One thing that really annoys me is when every single photo that people take on holiday is in front of some landmark or scenery. Either it's a people shot or a scenery shot. It shouldn't be both as people in the scenery shots ruins the scenery and when it's every single photo, quite frankly it's boring...and how likely is that you're going to need to prove that you were actually there by producing photographic evidence.
You can buy/ download much better pics of landmarks than you can ever take. Why not have a pic of someone you love in front of it, so you can treasure that for years to come? The monument will not change. Your lover will.

I learned a lot, being a solo traveller. Photos of famous landscapes have already been done. It's the intimate that speaks to people and evokes memories. Hence my pictures of... me... and food... and me and food...

I'm on a couple of films that I wonder about... I asked a Japanese man to take a photo of my (then) husband and I in Trafalger Square. His price was to have a photo with me. And he really squeezed me close! I was quite small in those days, and had striped hair. He might have thought I was a Spice Girl.

And again in Egypt - a whole pack of schoolboys asked the Evil Ex if they could have pictures with me. He agreed, probably without realising every single one of them would want a separate photo. Once he did, he just found it really funny. I was goosed more than once.
Sundae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2011, 10:03 AM   #263
Griff
still says videotape

Absolutely right Sundae. The photos are taken to spark a memory later, not for some imaginary art show.
Old 04-17-2011, 10:28 AM   #264
Pico and ME
Are you knock-kneed?

Damn Tulip, that close-up looks nothing like what I see in the other picture. It must the way the light is reflecting on it, but to me it looked like a smooth pearly white porcelain cylindrical shape with a design of blueish something-or-other in the middle and a band of blue on the very top and very bottom.

lol
Pico and ME is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2011, 11:11 AM   #265
casimendocina
Professor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundae Girl View Post
You can buy/ download much better pics of landmarks than you can ever take. Why not have a pic of someone you love in front of it, so you can treasure that for years to come? The monument will not change. Your lover will.

I learned a lot, being a solo traveller. Photos of famous landscapes have already been done. It's the intimate that speaks to people and evokes memories. Hence my pictures of... me... and food... and me and food...
Can definitely see what you're saying, but I'm talking more about when someone shows you their holiday snaps and everyone single one is a photo of them in the same pose with the same forced smile in front of a different landmark.

Occasionally, not often, I've surprised myself with an amazing photo of some scenery which had I put myself or someone else in it, wouldn't have been nearly as good.

Having said that, another reason is that I generally, don't like photos of myself (which is one reason I have never posted any of myself on this forum).

Any speaking of being in photos that you're not sure about, I was walking through one of the squares today (there aren't many here) and I saw someone point a camera, probably purely because I'm a Caucasian) and was very glad I had my sunglasses on.

Last edited by casimendocina; 04-17-2011 at 11:24 AM.
casimendocina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2011, 11:14 AM   #266
footfootfoot
To shreds, you say?

Location: in the house and on the street-how many, many feet we meet!
Quote:
Originally Posted by casimendocina View Post
Can definitely see what you're saying, but I'm talking more about when someone shows you their holiday snaps and everyone single one is a photo of them in the same pose in front of a different landmark. Occasionally, not often, I've surprised myself with an amazing photo of some scenery which had I put myself or someone else in it, wouldn't have been nearly as nice. Having said that, another reason is that I generally, don't like photos of myself (which is one reason I have never posted any of myself on this forum).

Any speaking of being in photos that you're not sure about, I was walking through one of the squares today (there aren't many here) and I saw someone point a camera, probably purely because I'm a Caucasian) and was very glad I had my sunglasses on.
That's funny Casi, I pictured you as being more italicized.
Old 04-17-2011, 11:25 AM   #267
casimendocina
Professor

Quote:
Originally Posted by footfootfoot View Post
That's funny Casi, I pictured you as being more italicized.
italicised as in Italian?
casimendocina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2011, 12:19 PM   #268
footfootfoot
To shreds, you say?

Location: in the house and on the street-how many, many feet we meet!
No, I was attempting to make a joke about how in a picture thread you posted a bunch of words in lieu of a picture and the words were in regular type. So, you,RFN, was realized as words. You don't strike me as bold or all caps, but you're more than just regular type, so italicized.
Old 04-17-2011, 02:33 PM   #269
Tulip
Professor

Quote:
Originally Posted by skysidhe View Post
In case of a major power failure you can rent them out!

..but I don't see teeny tiny skinny flashlights. I would want one of those.
Uh...how skinny teeny you're talking about? There's a thin, long blue one right there on the left. It's a size of a pen. There are short ones sitting there that are hella bright. Umm...there's one I really like but didn't buy. Let me borrow from my brother and show it to you. It's skinny and teeny tiny and bright! Pretty too. Btw, do you want bright? If all you want is an okay bright, then there's that blue one sitting there. Wait, are you being sarcastic?

Quote:
Originally Posted by HungLikeJesus View Post
Nice collection. Do you have any that you shake or wind-up to charge?
Um....no. I want to reply -- HELL NO! But doesn't want to offend anyone who does.
Old 04-17-2011, 02:36 PM   #270
Tulip
Professor

Quote:
Originally Posted by footfootfoot View Post
No, I was attempting to make a joke about how in a picture thread you posted a bunch of words in lieu of a picture and the words were in regular type. So, you,RFN, was realized as words. You don't strike me as bold or all caps, but you're more than just regular type, so italicized.
hehe...I actually understood his joke. He is so witty that half of his jokes go over my head.