The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Nothingland

Nothingland Something about nothing - game threads, diversions, time-wasters

Old 10-13-2012, 10:33 PM   #4666
skysidhe
~~Life is either a daring adventure or nothing.~~

Quote:
Originally Posted by glatt View Post
Dinner with the friends was nice, at least.
Good
skysidhe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2012, 10:36 PM   #4667
skysidhe
~~Life is either a daring adventure or nothing.~~

The kids upstairs are bouncing on their beds. They are just having fun being kids. If I went upstairs and said something the kids would be the ones in trouble, when it's the parents I'm vexed at. Why are they allowing the kids to rattle the timbers, I don't know.
skysidhe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2012, 11:56 PM   #4668
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

Quote:
Originally Posted by glatt View Post
...but the nut was just getting harder to turn as I was turning it...
That sounds like they weren't striping, but galled. The metal gets hot and actually sticks(welds) and rips the surface off the stud, nut, or both.

Pulling new studs in shouldn't be a problem, as long as you've room to start them in the hole from the back side. The interference fit is only a few thousands and the holes have been pulled(pressed) once. The serrations at the base of the stud just keep it from turning when you tighten the nuts. The strength to hold the wheel on is the "head" on the stud.
Old 10-14-2012, 02:30 PM   #4669
glatt

Quote:
Originally Posted by xoxoxoBruce View Post
That sounds like they weren't striping, but galled. The metal gets hot and actually sticks(welds) and rips the surface off the stud, nut, or both.

Pulling new studs in shouldn't be a problem, as long as you've room to start them in the hole from the back side. The interference fit is only a few thousands and the holes have been pulled(pressed) once. The serrations at the base of the stud just keep it from turning when you tighten the nuts. The strength to hold the wheel on is the "head" on the stud.
It went really well. I started by heating the old nuts with a propane torch and trying to remove them. They didn't want to come off, so I really pulled on that wrench. Broke them both right off. It was OK though, because I had planned to replace them anyway.

I pounded the old stud out, and the new ones were easy to put in. I took a bunch of pictures along the way and will probably post what I did.
glatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 10:07 AM   #4670
infinite monkey
Person who doesn't update the user title

Men. And also, men. Then again, I'm very irritated today by men. And, men.

(disclaimer: this is not to say I hate men nor am I from the Island of Lesbos. I think men, as a gender, are freaking awesome. But you know...sometimes: GRRRRRRRRRRRRR!)
infinite monkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2012, 02:02 PM   #4671
Clodfobble
UNDER CONDITIONAL MITIGATION

I am so tired of having to convince people who can't be convinced. Just this week:

Idiot #1 (not even talking about my kid): "She just eats so much cucumber, and cauliflower, and green beans, and squash, and all these fruits, and almost no meat at all... we're really concerned about her nutrition."

Idiot #2: "But what do you do for calcium?!"
Me: "What do you do for Vitamin A?"
Idiot #2: "Well... I dunno, I'm just pretty sure that's not as important as calcium."

Idiot #3: "Unless he's having pain with the diarrhea, I can't see any reason to treat it."

I swear to God, people's heads are so far up their asses, they're coming out of their necks again. I want to go live in a self-sustaining hippie granola commune and never come out again.
Clodfobble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2012, 02:19 PM   #4672
BigV
Goon Squad Leader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clodfobble View Post
snip---

I swear to God, people's heads are so far up their asses, they're coming out of their necks again. I want to go live in a self-sustaining hippie granola commune and never come out again.
Not all people--only the Kleins.
Old 10-26-2012, 05:14 PM   #4673
ZenGum
Doctor Wtf

V, we have a maths thread for that.
Old 10-26-2012, 09:29 PM   #4674
Aliantha
trying hard to be a better person

Normally I get the baby/s to bed and do all the night time stuff with them, then after 6am they're Dazza's till he goes to work so I can have a sleep in, but Aden has requested a 7am - 1pm shift on Saturdays at his work, which means that both Dazza and I have to be up early on Saturday, which leaves only one day of the week for a sleep in, which doesn't divide well between two people. So today after Dazza got back from taking Aden to work, I went back to bed 'for an hour or so', and woke up 5 hours later! Now I'm late for everything today!
Old 11-07-2012, 12:52 PM   #4675
infinite monkey
Person who doesn't update the user title

Microsoft Office 2010.

Jebus Gob...it's getting to the point that with all the freaking hoops you have to jump through to do ANYTHING it'll be easier to go back to pens, paper, and freaking calculators. Or maybe even an abacus.

"Are you SURE you want to look at this spreadsheet you just created? Really? Is that wise?"

"Your certificate for the certificate of the certified government website doesn't match the certificate of the dead gopher you ate in 1998 when you were homeless. Do you really think you should continue you security screw-up loser?"

"Ha! Who do you think you ARE?"

I already have to use a secret freaking decoder ring for my gobmint websites (I kid you not) now I have to break dance and do a jig and a plie just to get a list converted to a spreadsheet...sometimes even to view anything.

Bite me. If someone is trying so hard to look at personal data I think it would be easier, at this point, to find that person and shoot them in the fucking eye.

Thanks. I'll be here all week. Try the eggs.
infinite monkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 05:46 PM   #4676
Aliantha
trying hard to be a better person

Max has what I suspect is tonsilitis (off to the doc shortly), which means over the last couple of days I'm really down on sleep.

Hopefully tomorrow I can have a bit of a sleep in.
Old 11-09-2012, 01:17 PM   #4677
SteveDallas
Your Bartender

Quote:
Originally Posted by infinite monkey View Post
Microsoft Office 2010
I agree.

SteveDallas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 12:29 AM   #4678
Lola Bunny
Junior Master Dwellar

It's more annoying than irritating, do we even have "what's annoying you thread"? Anyways, I just got home and rather than getting ready for bed, here I am sitting here, eating crackers and drinking turmeric pills and browsing the Cellar (cuz palatalk makes it so awesomely easy to do so on my phone) because my stomach hurts. I had forgotten to eat dinner. :-/
Lola Bunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 12:32 AM   #4679
Lola Bunny
Junior Master Dwellar

The apps is tapatalk...lol. Apparently editing ur post is not an option. :p
Lola Bunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 12:46 AM   #4680
sexobon
I love it when a plan comes together.

Yummy yummy yummy she's got love in her tummy and was missing us so much it hurt.
sexobon is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
mild cheddar