The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Health

Health Keeping your body well enough to support your head

Old 03-18-2020, 01:52 PM   #256
Luce
Weaponized Funk

When you don't give your employees PTO, they kill your granny.

https://apnews.com/7994b669d63c73db4d3f73d444e53b25
Old 03-18-2020, 01:53 PM   #257
Luce
Weaponized Funk

Quote:
Originally Posted by henry quirk View Post
we attempted to use reason

Don't attempt: do.

This is all I'm suggesting, to much resistance and mischaracterization, here and elsewhere.

Hard to use logic and reason when data is being intentionally withheld.
Old 03-18-2020, 02:10 PM   #258
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

Not when the information that does exist matches your preconceived notions.
Old 03-18-2020, 08:06 PM   #259
tw
Read? I only know how to write.

Numerous cruise ships are now anchored and clustered together at sea going nowhere. A list of some clustered together in various locations off and east of Florida. Independence of the Seas, Sky Princess, Regal Princess, Crown Princess, Symphony of the Seas, Oasis of the Seas, Harmony of the Seas, Mariner of the Seas, Empress of the Seas, Celebrity Reflection, Niewuw Statenda, Disney Fantasy, Disney Dream, Celebrity Equinox, Celebrity Edge, Msc Seaside, Msc Meravirgiia, Msc Armonia, Carnival Fascination, Carnival Horizon, Scarlet Lady, and Norwegian Encore.

Sitting off Tampa are Celebrity Infinity, Celebrity Silhouette, Celebrity Summit, Brilliance of the Seas, and Rhapsody of the Seas.

Such big seas with nowhere to go.
tw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2020, 11:09 AM   #260
Gravdigr
The Un-Tuckian

Fuck COVID-19.

And you, yeah, you, you panic-buying fuckers. Stop buying my toilet paper!

These statements have not been evaluated by the FDA, EPA, FBI, DEA, CDC, or FDIC. These statements are not intended to diagnose, cause, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. If you feel you have been harmed/offended by, or, disagree with any of the above statements or images, please feel free to fuck right off.
Gravdigr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2020, 12:19 PM   #261
Undertoad
Radical Centrist

Listened to Dr Drew podcast yesterday, in which he repeatedly stated that the US is doing the right things, social distancing is the right move, and everything will be okay. The Italian deaths are due to Italy not being prepared, and the US is very well prepared and taking the correct steps

His angry take was that the media should be thrown down the well for the levels of panic they have encouraged

His opinion was that if the number of cases is less than six figures at the end of the week, we'll be fine and if they are below 20,000 things are awesome

His opinion was that hospital overwhelming may happen but will be entirely localized in outbursts

Drew survived H1N1, so you know he is badass already.

~

There is a new treatment for this, "chloroquine" which they say is being proven effective

China is claiming no new cases today - but don't trust China, China is asshoe (see date at bottom of the tweet)

Undertoad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2020, 01:04 PM   #262
Griff
still says videotape

The Pentagon likely has a shit-ton of chloroquine (sp?) stock piled since it's a common anti-malarial. I took it in Costa Rica years ago.
Old 03-19-2020, 01:06 PM   #263
Griff
still says videotape

I watched Trump's news conference today, he's doing much better.

I may have to go back on Gin and Tonics after a 12 year hiatus...
Old 03-19-2020, 01:09 PM   #264
lumberjim
I can hear my ears

I had a really bad chest cold in December, I think. I'm seeing things that say it may have already been here as early as November. Hope so.
Maybe wishful thinking, but it was a brutal cold that took a good week to take hold and 3 to go away. I was hocking up lung cookies for a solid 2 weeks. Most of the people here had something like it.
lumberjim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2020, 01:12 PM   #265
lumberjim
I can hear my ears

does Quinine work too? You can get that in Canada Dry Bitter Lemon. Which goes nicely with Gin.
lumberjim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2020, 01:28 PM   #266
Undertoad
Radical Centrist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Undertoad View Post
China is claiming no new cases today
Correction WUHAN China is reporting no new cases. All of China reports 34 new cases.
Old 03-19-2020, 01:31 PM   #267
monster
I hear them call the tide

Quote:
Originally Posted by lumberjim View Post
I had a really bad chest cold in December, I think. I'm seeing things that say it may have already been here as early as November. Hope so.
Maybe wishful thinking, but it was a brutal cold that took a good week to take hold and 3 to go away. I was hocking up lung cookies for a solid 2 weeks. Most of the people here had something like it.
the covid cough is sposed to be dry though, right?
Old 03-19-2020, 01:39 PM   #268
Undertoad
Radical Centrist

Drew said it was almost surely in big int'l cities soon after it broke out in Wuhan, and almost surely there are people who had it and didn't know, and this is part of the immunity building up

He said you just listen to Anthony Fauci's actual facts and those are what you need to know. He worked directly with Fauci during AIDS in the 90s
Old 03-19-2020, 02:01 PM   #269
Flint
Snowflake

My father once knew a man!

this line always gets stuck in my head
expression. ... I found, like Joseph Campbell said, if you just follow whatever
gives you a little joy or excitement or awe, then you're on the right track.

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . Terry Bozzio
Flint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2020, 09:47 PM   #270
tw
Read? I only know how to write.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Undertoad View Post
Correction WUHAN China is reporting no new cases. All of China reports 34 new cases.
However they have threatened all new reporters by even throwing out all Wall Street Journal, NY Times, and Washington Post reporters. Apparently because those reporters demonstrated some serious under reporting.

But the WHO is not being critical. So it appears they have finally got something under control. It could just be that 60% to 70% were infected and recovered already.

Necessary are test (current not being done) to determine who had the virus (now only have antibodies). So much science remains to be done.

Meanwhile, two classic case studies need consideration. Italy was about as prepared as anyone else. Even quarantines in North Italy failed to stop a spread to the south. (Strangely it did not spread North into Austria.) Something more is at play here. They have asked for and received Doctors from China to visit and advise.

Other example is Japan that had few cases. Again, what was unique in Japan? Some suggest a population that was properly trained during Sars and Mers potential pandemic. But that is only speculation. Something to learn from those two extreme examples.

Clearly not explained is why so many top doctors and other health industry officials in Iran constantly claimed Covid-19 was only a another cold virus. And not a problem. Their total denial, even after so many top doctors and Health minister were sickened, reeks of leaders driven by religion instead of politics or science.

Italy has a highest illness per capita number. Significantly higher than China. But Iran may be the world's sickest nation - or quickly getting there.
tw is offline   Reply With Quote