The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Politics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Politics Where we learn not to think less of others who don't share our views

Old 03-20-2008, 11:57 AM   #46
glatt

Quote:
Originally Posted by piercehawkeye45 View Post
This is just a silly trend of conservative smear tactics.
You don't think the Hillary machine is behind this smear?
glatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2008, 12:10 PM   #47
piercehawkeye45
Franklin Pierce

Its a possibility but all the videos I saw came from FOXNews so I'm pretty sure its safe to assume they are conservative smear tactics. Plus, all the previous attacks have been conservative so they will be blamed either way.
Old 03-20-2008, 12:13 PM   #48
lookout123
changed his status to single

Hillary may actually implode if she thinks about this. The vast right wing conspiracy is helping her?
Old 03-20-2008, 12:30 PM   #49
Shawnee123
Why, you're a regular Alfred E Einstein, ain't ya?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shawnee123 View Post
How do we know those were his worst possible moments over a long period? How do we know that isn't just his regular MO? Do we have video that is all light and positivity? Is positivity a word?
Quote:
Originally Posted by piercehawkeye45 View Post
All we see are short clips taken from long sermons over a long period of time. Until someone can tell me what happens during the other 99.9% of the service, I will reserve my full judgment about the Reverend. Fuck, you could show a short clip of Hilter or Pol Pot holding a baby and loop that over and over again and make him look like a decent guy. I don't judge celebrities over the one picture taken that makes them look like an idiot. We have seen at most three minutes of a guy, out of context by the way, that Obama has been connected too for at least 62,400 minutes (20 years, once a week, for an hour long service). That is a ratio of 4.81E-5 or 0.0000481. This is nothing more than propaganda.
I'm going to assume you quoted the wrong paragraph of my post, since my first paragraph basically said what you retorted, just from the other angle. Now, let's see some happy vids of this guy. They must exist?
Old 03-20-2008, 12:33 PM   #50
Happy Monkey
I think this line's mostly filler.

Quote:
How do we know those were his worst possible moments over a long period?
Because it would otherwise be much longer and/or have worse stuff in it.
|_______________| [pics]
Happy Monkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2008, 01:06 PM   #51
piercehawkeye45
Franklin Pierce

Quote:
I'm going to assume you quoted the wrong paragraph of my post, since my first paragraph basically said what you retorted, just from the other angle. Now, let's see some happy vids of this guy. They must exist?
All the videos I saw came from news channels, and the news channels won't show happy videos of the Reverend because that would go against their agenda, so without actually going to the sermon and taping them myself, I can't help you there. Thats why this is called propaganda.
Old 03-20-2008, 01:10 PM   #52
Shawnee123

Well, my guess would be that someone tapes his sermons (I think probably a lot of churches do) so that if there are "bad" vids to be found the other side could respond with "good" vids. The non-propaganda side should have an easy time coming up with them, as most involved would be more than happy to show the other side of this man.
Old 03-20-2008, 01:48 PM   #53
piercehawkeye45
Franklin Pierce

Yes, they are taped and sold to the public to raise money.

Quote:
FOX News purchased the video recordings of Wright's sermons from the church.
http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,337308,00.html

If you want to see the rest of the sermon, feel free to buy them. I will spend my money on something much more worthwhile.
Old 03-20-2008, 01:51 PM   #54
Shawnee123

No, I won't give my money to Fox News or some church, but thanks for offering their wares.
Old 03-20-2008, 02:11 PM   #55
lookout123

Honestly I think the Bill/Hill machine is behind this one. They have more to gain from it at this point. They are as skilled at manipulating the press monkeys as anyone in the public eyes for at least a generation.

The R smear camp is most likely sitting back, digging for dirt, and taking notes.

/straightens tinfoil hat/
Old 03-20-2008, 03:34 PM   #56
Griff
still says videotape

Quote:
Originally Posted by lookout123 View Post
The R smear camp is most likely sitting back, digging for dirt, and taking notes.
That's pretty much it. They'd rather see him implode the week before the general election.
Old 03-20-2008, 08:08 PM   #57
tw
Read? I only know how to write.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aimeecc View Post
Obama is running a campaign on "I represent the future and unity and Clinton is divisive" but he is surrounded by people (or at least one person) that are divisive as his mentors and who are about the past.
Divisive? Every decisive leader is divisive if that is your definition. To be a decisive leader means one will be divisive.

What do you want? Someone who is politically correct or someone who is honest enough to be a leader? Talk about divisive. Mayor Koch of NYC was extremely divisive - and therefore was one of NYC's best mayors. His ‘Koch Quips’ were famous since he had a bad habit is speaking honestly and frankly. Koch took NYC from the verge of bankruptcy into growth. Giuliani was most divisive. And yet he too was the next NYC mayor that actually got things done. Mayor Lindsay was so much less divisive - and all but bankrupted NYC.

You must decide which you want. An honest leader who will be divisive because he is honest and therefore hears from all. Or a politically correct leader which means he lies and he must even condone corruption. You cannot have it both ways. Which do you want - an honest (divisive) leader or a corrupt nice guy who refuses to hear from anyone what might ruffle feathers?

Meanwhile, you are making assumptions. Obama does not have one spiritual leader. Only a wacko extremist would hear only from one advisor. A leader would hear from the Pope, the Dai Lama, Buddhist priests, and Baha’is. Ever go to Baptist revival services? Ever go to a Jewish service? I believe I had been to every denomination in my community. Does that mean I am divisive because I heard them preach things contrary to popular beliefs? I even listen now and again to Rush Limbaugh because I don't have extremist bias hate - even though Limbaugh preaches hate.

An honest person does not care what that minister is because virtually all religions preach various degrees of hate. My church taught us to condemn all Jews because of what happened to Christ. If informed, then you know which church that was. So do I also believe what Hitler preached? Or did I, instead, ignore the silly preaching from my church - that also endorses pedophilia?

Either the honest leader will also be divisive, or a political correct leader will be indecisive and condone corruption. Which one do you want?
tw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2008, 09:19 PM   #58
spudcon
Beware of potatoes

You tube is loaded with clips from this bigot.Some are from the major networks, some are not. Nonetheless, right after 9/11 this screwball was blaming America for everything from Hiroshima to AIDS.
See for yourself.
http://youtube.com/watch?v=l9HUdF9OZa8
spudcon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2008, 10:14 PM   #59
lookout123

It's all Bush's fault.
Old 03-21-2008, 05:45 AM   #60
Griff
still says videotape

Quote:
Originally Posted by spudcon View Post
You tube is loaded with clips from this bigot.Some are from the major networks, some are not. Nonetheless, right after 9/11 this screwball was blaming America for everything from Hiroshima to AIDS.
See for yourself.
Damn aliens bombing cities and letting the blame America crowd choose the fall guy.