Old 06-15-2005, 02:50 PM   #46
lookout123
changed his status to single

*dueling banjos*
Old 06-15-2005, 07:19 PM   #47
tw
Read? I only know how to write.

Your political compass
Economic Left/Right: 0.50 (slightly to the right)
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -3.03 (more on the libertarian side)

Just about where (I believe) I ended up last time.
tw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2005, 04:18 PM   #48
jaguar
whig

Man, Radar would miss a joke if it slapped him in the face and called his mother a whore.
Old 06-16-2005, 04:49 PM   #49
Trilby
Slattern of the Swail

Eco Left/Right -5.88
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian -5.64
In Barrie's play and novel, the roles of fairies are brief: they are allies to the Lost Boys, the source of fairy dust and ...They are portrayed as dangerous, whimsical and extremely clever but quite hedonistic.

"Shall I give you a kiss?" Peter asked and, jerking an acorn button off his coat, solemnly presented it to her.
—James Barrie

Wimminfolk they be tricksy. - ZenGum
Trilby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2005, 06:50 PM   #50
elSicomoro
Person who doesn't update the user title

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaguar
Man, Radar would miss a joke if it slapped him in the face and called his mother a whore.
This is Greatest Hit-worthy.
elSicomoro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2005, 01:08 AM   #51
wolf
lobber of scimitars

I think I ended up in fascist territory because I don't support the decriminalization of drug use and generally uphold the rule of law.

I think the test is indeed skewed.

Nah. I'm just foolin'. I really am a fascist.

"Conspiracies are the norm, not the exception." --G. Edward Griffin The Creature from Jekyll Island

High Priestess of the Church of the Whale Penis
wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2005, 01:15 AM   #52
lookout123
changed his status to single

speaking of fascists... if you've seen my photos then you know i have a shaved head. i started growing the moustache and goat out a week ago, something i haven't done in a couple of years.

today a guy i have met only twice walks up and asks if i'm racist because i "look alot like that guy from American History X."

you should have seen his face when i replied "yes, as a matter of fact i am. after i'm done having a beer with my good friend _____ (happens to be mexican) I am going to take him outside, spread his mouth on a curb and kick in his skull. If you want to watch you can help me carry his carcass to the nearest oven. how's that sound?"

he was still pale, shaking, and trying to pick up his jaw when i walked away. my mexican friend was still wiping tears from his eyes several hours later.
Old 06-21-2005, 11:37 AM   #53
OnyxCougar
Junior Master Dwellar

new numbers

Economic Left/Right: -3.75
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -0.62

old numbers

Economic Left/Right: -4.50
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: 0.36

Impotentes defendere libertatem non possunt.

"Repetition does not transform a lie into a truth."
~Franklin D. Roosevelt
OnyxCougar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2005, 01:48 PM   #54
dar512
dar512 is now Pete Zicato

Economic Left/Right: -3.75
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -2.36
Old 06-23-2005, 11:17 AM   #55
Radar
Constitutional Scholar

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolf
I think I ended up in fascist territory because I don't support the decriminalization of drug use and generally uphold the rule of law.

I think the test is indeed skewed.

Nah. I'm just foolin'. I really am a fascist.
Don't support the de-criminilization of drug use? That's interesting. By what legitimate authority do you think the government has any say in what drugs, foods, medical procedures, etc. people choose?

The government derives it's limited powers from the consent of the governed. This means that government can have no powers that we as individuals don't have to grant to the government.

As an individual, you have no legitimate authority to tell any other person what foods they can eat, medical procedures they may or may not have, or what drugs they can or can't take. The only thing you can do is prevent people from endangering YOU, but not from endangering themselves.

No matter what claims are made, the truth is if a person merely uses drugs, they are not endangering anyone but themselves. If they use drugs and then get behind the wheel of a car, an airplane, etc. or perform surgery, they actually are endangering others. The crime isn't using the drugs, the crime is endangering others.

If you don't have the legitimate power to tell someone else what drugs they may or may not take (and you don't), you may not grant this power to government; nor may a thousand of you, a million of you, or a hundred million of you. You have zero authority to tell anyone what drugs they may or may not take. Zero times a billion is still zero.

To tell another person what they must or must not do with their own body is to claim that you have more ownership of their body than they do.

"Society" is nothing more than a collection of individuals. "Society" has no rights; only individuals do, and the rights of an individual over their own body, minds, and lives supercedes all else including the collective desires of individuals calling themselves "society" or "government".

In otherwords, the U.S. government has no more authority to tell you whether or not you may take drugs, than you do of telling everyone in America they must use crack cocaine everyday.

Last edited by Radar; 06-23-2005 at 12:32 PM.
Radar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2005, 11:35 AM   #56
Happy Monkey
I think this line's mostly filler.

Didn't you see "Reefer Madness"? If you use drugs, you'll start killing people.
|_______________| [pics]
Happy Monkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2005, 01:03 PM   #57
dar512

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radar
If you don't have the legitimate power to tell someone else what drugs they may or may not take (and you don't), you may not grant this power to government; nor may a thousand of you, a million of you, or a hundred million of you. You have zero authority to tell anyone what drugs they may or may not take. Zero times a billion is still zero.
There's your trouble. I don't believe this statement. It's the sort of thing that sounds nice but doesn't fly.

Here's a simple example. A group of you are going out to dinner. Does any one of you have the right to tell the others where they can eat? No. But the majority will probably have their way. And the dissenters will go along or secede.
Old 06-23-2005, 03:29 PM   #58
Radar
Constitutional Scholar

I don't know about you, but when I go out with my friends we each order what we want to eat, not what one of the other people tells us to eat. Even if there are 10 people who order the same dish and the other person orders something else, I've never seen the people ask that one person to go.

America is NOT a democracy. The rights of the individual are more important than the desires of millions.

I am intrigued as to why you don't believe my statement. It's like you believe if one person has no money they are poor. But if 1000 people have no money they are wealthy. It seems in your world, 0+0+0+0+0 = 100
Old 06-23-2005, 03:32 PM   #59
elSicomoro
Person who doesn't update the user title

Wow...is Radar becoming...*gulp*...kindler and gentler? He doesn't seem as harsh anymore. Man, I guess he just needed that good news about the wifey...
elSicomoro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2005, 03:38 PM   #60
dar512

What? You've never been in the situation where you're all standing around trying to decide which restaurant to go to? Sure you each choose off the menu, but that's fine grain. The bigger question is which restaurant to go to. And that's a group decision.

As to the rest, your math analogy is bad. It's not that I have zero power to make decisions like this. I have 1/US Population power. Not much by itself, but a million folks here and million there - pretty soon it adds up.

Tags
political orientation, test