The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Current Events

Current Events Help understand the world by talking about things happening in it

Old 11-16-2017, 03:50 PM   #106
Gravdigr
The Un-Tuckian

Name:  calmdown.JPG
Views: 485
Size:  94.1 KB

Name:  educationandintelligence.jpg
Views: 788
Size:  97.7 KB

These statements have not been evaluated by the FDA, EPA, FBI, DEA, CDC, or FDIC. These statements are not intended to diagnose, cause, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. If you feel you have been harmed/offended by, or, disagree with any of the above statements or images, please feel free to fuck right off.

Last edited by Gravdigr; 11-16-2017 at 04:01 PM.
Gravdigr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2017, 08:35 AM   #107
tw
Read? I only know how to write.

Must be Trump country.
tw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2017, 03:08 PM   #108
Gravdigr
The Un-Tuckian

Name:  waitwhut.JPG
Views: 546
Size:  89.2 KB

Why would you fight a child w/diebeetus?

These statements have not been evaluated by the FDA, EPA, FBI, DEA, CDC, or FDIC. These statements are not intended to diagnose, cause, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. If you feel you have been harmed/offended by, or, disagree with any of the above statements or images, please feel free to fuck right off.
Old 12-02-2017, 03:19 PM   #109
glatt

That's so not right.
glatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2017, 07:21 PM   #110
sexobon
I love it when a plan comes together.

December 1st last fell on a Sunday in 2013. They've had a few years to get it right.
sexobon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2017, 04:13 PM   #111
lumberjim
I can hear my ears

It says bizarre. And it is.
lumberjim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2017, 04:07 PM   #112
Gravdigr
The Un-Tuckian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gravdigr View Post
Why would you fight a child w/diebeetus?
Cuz I like to win.

BRING IT YA LITTLE SHIT!!!!

Old 12-12-2017, 04:08 PM   #113
Gravdigr
The Un-Tuckian

...by the each?

Name:  each.JPG
Views: 364
Size:  57.8 KB

Old 12-14-2017, 07:52 PM   #114
BigV
Goon Squad Leader

scale broken, just buy the damn steak

or....

by the "8 oz portion", so a price of $4.50 per is really $9.00 / pound.
Old 12-15-2017, 04:52 AM   #115
Carruthers
Junior Master Dwellar

Local newspapers have always plodded along in the shadow of their national and regional counterparts.
Apart from the rare occasion when a story of national importance occurs on their patch it has always been a struggle to come up with a headline that will encourage potential readers to part with their money.
No doubt circulation increased by tens of thousands...

Name:  Mayor is too fat to skydive.jpg
Views: 2497
Size:  78.3 KB Name:  Sausage Dog Mayhem.jpg
Views: 714
Size:  36.8 KB
Old 12-15-2017, 06:00 AM   #116
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

Absolutely, working 2nd shift(2:30 to 11) there were always plenty of newspapers left behind. I'd always look for the local paper (Delaware County Times) because they would tell me the important things. Stuff like a sausage dog runs amok, or Chester Twp cop doing a routine check at the Boots&Bonnets Bar, couldn't get out because there was a dead body against the outside of the door when he tried to leave.
The Philly Inquirer was just depressing stuff like hate and crooked politicians and war.
Old 12-15-2017, 06:45 AM   #117
glatt

I love my little local paper. It has stuff that I actually care about. School sports. Local issues. Quirky stories.

My daughter sent a letter to the editor a couple weeks ago as a college assignment and it got published, giving her an automatic A on that project.
That makes me wonder how many letters are written by college kids doing homework. You can tell the nut balls easily enough, but if a letter makes sense and spotlights an issue, did a college kid write it for homework?
Old 12-15-2017, 11:48 AM   #118
tw
Read? I only know how to write.

Quote:
Originally Posted by xoxoxoBruce View Post
The Philly Inquirer was just depressing stuff like hate and crooked politicians and war.
If you emotions are relevant, then you are still a child. Adults need facts and do not let their emotions rule them.

We massacred 50,000 Americans in Vietnam for no purpose because so many adults were emotional - and then foolishly believed a president who was a crook. They even blamed the victims and all other students at Kent State for a massacre created by corrupt Ohio National Guard soldiers. A classic murder justified by emotional adults. An example of how hate rules so many adults who are still children.

Adults never let emotions (fear of or love of) rule. Children do. Adults learn irregardless of their emotions.

Local paper is useless if it does not report upcoming events. Until recently, most local papers never did. For example, a paper must list time and location for every 4th of July fireworks. None around here did. Local paper must report the results of the investigation of every car crash and murder. Still most don't. Those would be relevant facts. Most local papers only want to hype emotion of the crash or murder. And cannot be bothered a month later to report what really happened, why, and details of that trial or scientific study. Emotional adults (their target audience) don't care about facts.
tw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2017, 12:02 PM   #119
Gravdigr
The Un-Tuckian

Dude. Don't you get tired of repeating the same thing ad infinitum?

I've asked before with no proper response, but...

TW, what do you do for a living? Srs qstn, no barb to follow, just genuinely curious.

Old 12-15-2017, 02:22 PM   #120
glatt

Quote:
Originally Posted by tw View Post
Local paper must report the results of the investigation of every car crash and murder. Still most don't. Those would be relevant facts. Most local papers only want to hype emotion of the crash or murder. And cannot be bothered a month later to report what really happened, why, and details of that trial or scientific study.
This is actually a good point. But the truth is that a newspaper story must be a story to engage the reader.

18 year old boy took LSD, thought he was dying of internal hemorrhaging when he started throwing up red jello in the shower, so he ran out naked into a busy street and got arrested when he fought back as the cops tried to subdue him. It's anticlimactic to write a story four months later that the charges were dropped because he kept his nose clean and apologized to everyone and their mother.