The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Nothingland

Nothingland Something about nothing - game threads, diversions, time-wasters

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-01-2016, 04:41 PM   #1
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

Shit from my desk

I talked before about things I found in my desk, but I can't remember where, so I'll put in here. I don't understand why I can't remember, I have a perfect memory, or my name isn't Ralph.

Jerry Penacoli was an evening news anchor in Philly for about five years before moving on to what Wiki calls, “actor and entertainment reporter”. Before he left town there was a story widely circulated that he paid a wee hours visit to the ER to have an errant Gerbil removed. I don’t know anyone who actually believed it, but it was a running joke for years, that never had to be explained. There was also rumors of Richard Gere having the same plight.

In that atmosphere I acquired a bunch of these lightweight chains with a fine spring loop on each end. The total length about 5 inches.

Sick fuck that I am, and in the previous mentioned atmosphere, I invented the Gerbil Jerk™©®, a recovery leash for your shaved Gerbil. I put them in small plastic bags with a fancy label, and gave them out around Christmas.
I gave one to a friend in Dallas who I only see once a year, and the following year he returned the favor, with this.

Home made paper envelope...

With a home made hand crafted card inside...

containing the message...

He should not be allowed to fly, or handle sharp objects, until he's checked out by a board certified shrink.