The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Images > Image of the Day
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Image of the Day Images that will blow your mind - every day. [Blog] [RSS] [XML]

Old 06-02-2019, 11:23 PM   #1
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

June 3rd, 2019 : TV Furniture

Ikea, AKA The Artful Dodger to every taxing authority in the world, has taken notice of the millions of people what get all wrapped
up in certain movies and TV shows. Figuring they might profit from fan obsession they started to advertise furniture like one of the
most successful shows, The Simpsons.
That’s tricky because The Simpsons’ living room was true to cartoon history of a very garish color palette.

They sort of got there but without the pink wall and green floor I think the furniture wouldn’t cut it for the most part.
But I have no idea if buyers would want to duplicate or just extract the essence of the show.

Friends is different...

Being a live human show the color palette would more normal, better chance to match.

Should've been easy, but I don’t think they even came close, I see nothing that anyone would say, hey that’s like the one on friends.
Your mileage may vary.

The third promo is for “Stranger Things”, a Netflix show I know nothing about, so you’re on your own.

From what I’ve seen it’s an advertising campaign based on promises they can’t keep. and never intended to.

Ikea does have very nice 3 ft shoehorns for a buck though, look like snakes.