The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Cellar-related > Cellar Meta
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Cellar Meta Users, threads, etiquette, posting, usage, forums, why this place matters or doesn't

Old 03-08-2009, 11:09 PM   #31
TheMercenary
“Hypocrisy: prejudice with a halo”

Quote:
Originally Posted by Undertoad View Post
Unless you're suggesting they OD on sleeping pills. THEN it's OK for you to be involved.
Like I said. I had no idea about the individuals history or I never would have made the comment. Ever. I am not out to hurt broken people.
Old 03-09-2009, 12:28 AM   #32
monster
I hear them call the tide

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMercenary View Post
I have had the crazy people on ignore for months so I have no idea about their personal problems and I don't want to know about their personal life.....These idiots have been on ignore for a reason,
Quote:
I am not out to hurt broken people.
Then perhaps you should have continued to ignore and not commented at all? you did a bad thing, we all have our bad moments. What's really stupid is compounding it with this very poor defence. You should be apologizing. The fact that you "didn't mean to offend" does not immunize you from owing an apology. if you accidentally stepped on somone's foot, you'd apologize, right? You don't need to know that they have bunions to know that you did a bad thing.
Old 03-09-2009, 12:49 AM   #33
Pico and ME
Are you knock-kneed?

Well, as an outsider who has been somewhat appalled at the tacit approval Merc gets from this community, it is heartening to see that some of you get it. I know that none of you care about what I think, being and outsider and all, and that by speaking my mind about Merc will only put me on your bad side here, but I was targeted by Merc's craziness as well and have positively no regard for the man.
Pico and ME is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2009, 02:27 AM   #34
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

C'mon. Outsider? With almost 800 posts? Nah, your family.

Every member has the right to make their opinion known if they feel someone (including themselves) has been treated badly by another member. That said, it seems to me, most people observe it and;
either don't agree the slight was worthy of making a big deal over,
feel the slight wasn't worth piling on if the offender was called on it,
or just feel they expected that shit from that individual... again.

It usually takes a member being an asshat, on a continual basis, to piss off enough people enough they will speak up en-mass.

Old 03-09-2009, 03:19 AM   #35
Pico and ME
Are you knock-kneed?

Thanks Bruce.

I guess I'm little more itchy about him because he was such a dick toward me. However, since then, I have seen him do it a few more times to others who didn't deserve it. He has a really bad and nasty habit that I feel gets reinforced here because it isn't censored strongly enough. Except for this instance, he gets away with saying things like 'whatever' or 'I dint know' because no one really takes the time to challenge him on it.

Guess I'm just poking my nose in this thread because I'm glad to see a little effort this time.
Pico and ME is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2009, 04:39 AM   #36
DucksNuts
Bitchy Little Brat

Personally, I dont see chat has improved the cellar at all. Perfect examples all through this thread.

This board has been outstanding in many ways, one of them being the lack of moderation (which is more life like than net like), but now there are rules for chat and hammer happy chatters.

I dont see why Merc is being crucified, for something said in ignorance, when there have been other looooong term members who have put their foot in it and have told the person offended to *harden up, it was joke, I wasnt to know you would be offended....blah blah*.

All the double standards are pretty much why I choose not to post so much...my choice....I've always supported the underdogs against the bullies, but with limited time...I've run out of puff
DucksNuts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2009, 05:18 AM   #37
NoBoxes

That's entertainment. Remember that "chat" is French for "cat"; so, don't be surprised when one of the big dogs passes through it barks at you in the "chat" room.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shawnee123 View Post
... I'd like a pass, please.
So, it's like OK to make a pass at you?
Old 03-09-2009, 06:18 AM   #38
lumberjim
I can hear my ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by DucksNuts View Post

I dont see why Merc is being crucified, for something said in ignorance, when there have been other looooong term members who have put their foot in it and have told the person offended to *harden up, it was joke, I wasnt to know you would be offended....blah blah*.
the thing is ....it's not ignorance. that's a fucking lie he tells repeatedly. he has 'the crazy' people on ignore so he has no idea that they're crazy? bullshit. how many times did he say 'I have no idea what you're talking about AS we were explaining it? It's like arguing with a 7 year old. Once you get that he's a dishonest non credible jerk off, you can treat him as such.
lumberjim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2009, 07:08 AM   #39
TheMercenary

Quote:
Originally Posted by monster View Post
Then perhaps you should have continued to ignore and not commented at all? you did a bad thing, we all have our bad moments. What's really stupid is compounding it with this very poor defence. You should be apologizing. The fact that you "didn't mean to offend" does not immunize you from owing an apology. if you accidentally stepped on somone's foot, you'd apologize, right? You don't need to know that they have bunions to know that you did a bad thing.
Yea, I tried that and was booted.
Old 03-09-2009, 07:12 AM   #40
TheMercenary

Quote:
Originally Posted by lumberjim View Post
the thing is ....it's not ignorance. that's a fucking lie he tells repeatedly. he has 'the crazy' people on ignore so he has no idea that they're crazy? bullshit. how many times did he say 'I have no idea what you're talking about AS we were explaining it? It's like arguing with a 7 year old. Once you get that he's a dishonest non credible jerk off, you can treat him as such.
What lie? I was honest. Even if you choose to believe something else.
Old 03-09-2009, 08:07 AM   #41
Trilby
Slattern of the Swail

Here's the thing: IF I am being ignored by him, WHY did he comment to me directly in chat? I didn't talk to him---so why is he directing a "go overdose" comment to me? IF I AM A CRAZY PERSON THAT HE HAS NO IDEA ABOUT AND CARES NOT - WHY FUCKING COMMENT TO ME AT ALL? And if he truly thinks I am crazy - isn't it irresponsible for him, a health care "professional" (HA!) to suggest a crazy person OD on sleeping pills? No?

I can tell you why. He MEANT to be a childish asshole. Actually - he just IS a childish asshole. I'll give him 5$ if he never, ever, ever talks to me again.

Those of you who "don't understand" why Merc is being called out - go cuddle up with him but leave me the hell out of it. I don't talk to him at all. (but I don't find it necessary to put him on ignore - obviously I strike a nerve with him, which I find hilarious)
In Barrie's play and novel, the roles of fairies are brief: they are allies to the Lost Boys, the source of fairy dust and ...They are portrayed as dangerous, whimsical and extremely clever but quite hedonistic.

"Shall I give you a kiss?" Peter asked and, jerking an acorn button off his coat, solemnly presented it to her.
—James Barrie

Wimminfolk they be tricksy. - ZenGum
Trilby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2009, 08:09 AM   #42
Trilby
Slattern of the Swail

Quote:
Originally Posted by Undertoad View Post
Unless you're suggesting they OD on sleeping pills. THEN it's OK for you to be involved.
Bingo.
In Barrie's play and novel, the roles of fairies are brief: they are allies to the Lost Boys, the source of fairy dust and ...They are portrayed as dangerous, whimsical and extremely clever but quite hedonistic.

"Shall I give you a kiss?" Peter asked and, jerking an acorn button off his coat, solemnly presented it to her.
—James Barrie

Wimminfolk they be tricksy. - ZenGum
Trilby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2009, 08:11 AM   #43
lumberjim
I can hear my ears

Quote:
What lie? I was honest. Even if you choose to believe something else.
keep telling yourself that....it seems to have fooled you.
Old 03-09-2009, 08:25 AM   #44
TheMercenary

Quote:
Originally Posted by lumberjim View Post
keep telling yourself that....it seems to have fooled you.
Yea. Sure. Believe what you want.
Old 03-09-2009, 08:27 AM   #45
lumberjim
I can hear my ears

Hey Bill, put me on ignore too. K?