The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Home Base

Home Base A starting point, and place for threads don't seem to belong anywhere else

Old 08-27-2016, 05:26 AM   #1
Sundae
polaroid of perfection

Thank You Dwellars

Y'all know I had a rough few months.
While I was in rehab, other things also happened which made it rougher. Death & stuff.
Then coming out and pretty much back into hospital. Bleurgh.

So I have to name some names:
Carruthers almost doesn't count as a Dwellar as he's a real friend, in real life, and there every single day on my phone.
Ditto Limey & DanaC who I know I can count on when life goes down the toilet (and both have been told of my toilet issues, because that's how close we are)

Bruce who inexplicably adopted me. The best international sweetie any lady could have.

Lola Bunny, who kept up a lovely correspondance.

Grav, who is too private to let me send him anything - I am such a stalker, I'll work it out where he is one day.

And everyone who asked about me and took time out to post, or just even thought.

You're all the reason I'm alive today. That's literal. The Cellar has kept me alive. And I do love you.

Sorry to be so effusive.
And if I've missed someone - again, very sorry.

C, who sorted the post would say "Another one for you Cherry! I've never known anyone get so much post! from abroad!"
Yeah. I got friends. When I go to hospital I'm the person who has no bedside visitors, but they don't know what I have up my sleeve. It's a HUGE Cellar and I love it.
Old 08-27-2016, 05:43 AM   #2
fargon
Person who doesn't update the user title

We Love you Cherry.
Heavily medicated for the good of mankind.
fargon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2016, 06:08 AM   #3
limey
Encroaching on your decrees

We do.

Sent by thought transference
Old 08-27-2016, 06:42 AM   #4
Clodfobble
UNDER CONDITIONAL MITIGATION

Glad you're out and safe again.
Clodfobble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2016, 09:29 AM   #5
classicman
barely disguised asshole, keeper of all that is holy.

Hey gurl. Happy you are out and posting again.
Old 08-27-2016, 09:41 AM   #6
Undertoad
Radical Centrist

It is a marvelous thing really!
Undertoad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2016, 09:57 AM   #7
glatt

Isn't the Cellar grand? And it's even better with you in it. Glad you are doing better.
glatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2016, 10:50 AM   #8
Gravdigr
The Un-Tuckian

Welcome back Sundae!

These statements have not been evaluated by the FDA, EPA, FBI, DEA, CDC, or FDIC. These statements are not intended to diagnose, cause, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. If you feel you have been harmed/offended by, or, disagree with any of the above statements or images, please feel free to fuck right off.
Gravdigr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2016, 11:19 AM   #9
BigV
Goon Squad Leader

I love threads with Sundae in them.
Old 08-27-2016, 01:10 PM   #10
elSicomoro

Sundae sent me a very sweet PM the other day commenting on how well I'm doing. Hell...how are you doing? And it seems like things are progressing nicely!
elSicomoro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2016, 06:41 AM   #11
Sundae
polaroid of perfection

You deserve sweet.

Me, I'm getting by. Great things which have happened recently have been me buying an absolutely gorgeous dress for Mum's 70th. Came from birthday money from a Dwellar.
The shoes that go with it have been... bloody. Two Dwellars have seen evidence. Am in flats today but it wasn't the height that made me bleed - just my ridiculous thin skin.

On the other hand I was recently praised for my thin skin by the regular phlebotomist who took a lot of my blood in hospital. Lovely Carribbean man, he chuckled, "Oh Cherry, I know I'll never have any problems with you!"

I had so much blood taken and so often that I can now confidently watch it happen, and even quite enjoy seeing a canula inserted. The arrow head makes me think of snakes. Not in my hand though. I'm still sensitive about my hands.

Bad thing - had to go for a blood test and the silly woman didn't apply enough pressure. I walked out and was stopped before I even got to the exit door, I had left a trail of bloodspots. Then got told off by the Senior Nurse in Minor Injuries (it was in the dinky-play-toy-local-hospital) for not telling her I have clottting issues. Well excuse me not telling her her job. And I do not medically have clotting issues. You find anything anywhere which officially says I do, and I'll pay you an 'undred pounds. I don't make up medical conditions.

The next good/ bad was the gastroscopy.
I got the letter and there was no word of a bed. They won't give me sedation due to my living circumstances (public transport home, no-one to check up on me) so I have to stay overnight.
I called. So sorry, says nothing on the notes about you needing a bed. Do you want to cancel?
Sigh. Been waiting for this since February. No - can you get me a bed?
Oh yes.

Turn up. No bed.
I knew there wouldn't be. I'd spoken to Carruthers about it. I was awake for a long time the night before worrying about it.
On the day I decided to go with just the throat spray. It was hell. I found out after, from the notes, that I was also supposed to have my stomach examined (while they were down there, as it were) but the procedure was halted due to patient distress. But hey - I got the throat checked out and the banding from the varices is holding and all is well.

And I got a big sticker for being such a good girl.

Okay, I didn't. But I treated myself to a naughty sandwich.
Old 08-28-2016, 01:39 PM   #12
elSicomoro

Ah, the EGD...I'm a frequent flyer on those this year! I think I've had...5. Had some complications from the surgery...the opening to my intestines scarred over, so I was pretty much only able to do liquids and simple carbs for about 4 months. They went in 3 times and stretched the opening...back in action again though! But my poor wife had to take off work each time.
elSicomoro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2016, 02:01 PM   #13
hideouse
Coronation Incarnate

Hi Sunday, glad to see you posting again. We've never corresponded, but I've always enjoyed your presence on the cellar. I've missed you too.

Back to lurking.
Old 08-28-2016, 02:58 PM   #14
Gravdigr
The Un-Tuckian

You know you're loved when the lurkers come out...

These statements have not been evaluated by the FDA, EPA, FBI, DEA, CDC, or FDIC. These statements are not intended to diagnose, cause, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. If you feel you have been harmed/offended by, or, disagree with any of the above statements or images, please feel free to fuck right off.
Gravdigr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2016, 03:19 PM   #15
orthodoc
Not Suspicious, Merely Canadian

That's the mark of success for sure. So glad you've successfully come through all the horridness, Sundae! Welcome back!