The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > The Internet
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

The Internet Web sites, web development, email, chat, bandwidth, the net and society

Old 12-25-2004, 11:59 PM   #1
Vermilion 3
Gooch Captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kine
When the seaborne units began to land about 6:30 AM on June 6, the British and Canadians on Gold, Juno, and Sword beaches overcame light opposition. So did the Americans at Utah. The American 1st Division at Omaha Beach, however, confronted the best of the German coast divisions, the 352nd, and was roughly handled. During the morning, its landing threatened to fail. Only dedicated local leadership eventually got the troops inland.

61st Anniversary
As pointed out the troops in Omaha beach did suffer heavy casualties, let us not forget some key points Operation Overlord started the night before with the landing of the 101st, 82nd and her majesties airborne troops. Overlord was the biggest amphibious operation in the history of modern warfare. Does that have anything to do with anything? Also I noticed there is allot of stuff in dutch. Perhaps it has a connection with the failed attempt to liberate holland with during Operation Market Garden?...By the way im new...Ive been following this site for quite some time. I just barely started reading Dance dance dance. Just putting stuff on the table!
Vermilion 3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2004, 12:38 AM   #2
Masterofmayhem
TINP solver

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vermilion 3
As pointed out the troops in Omaha beach did suffer heavy casualties, let us not forget some key points Operation Overlord started the night before with the landing of the 101st, 82nd and her majesties airborne troops. Overlord was the biggest amphibious operation in the history of modern warfare. Does that have anything to do with anything? Also I noticed there is allot of stuff in dutch. Perhaps it has a connection with the failed attempt to liberate holland with during Operation Market Garden?...By the way im new...Ive been following this site for quite some time. I just barely started reading Dance dance dance. Just putting stuff on the table!
yea, im with you, imma read DDD as soon as i can
Masterofmayhem is offline   Reply With Quote