The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Home Base
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Home Base A starting point, and place for threads don't seem to belong anywhere else

Old 12-20-2004, 01:20 PM   #16
wolf
lobber of scimitars

I sort M&M's by color and won't eat the blue ones.

Why? The blue ones went bad.

They are supposed to be tan.

There are no truly blue foods in nature (blueberries are purple, okay?).

Blue things, like bleu cheese have gone bad. They are mouldy, and should not be consumed.

Therefore the blue M&M's are bad and should not be eaten.

You think I'm crazy, don't you? Do you know what I do when I have enough blue M&M's saved up? I put them back into the bag, put the bag in a puffy envelope, and mail it all back to M&M/Mars company.

They send me a nice form letter apologizing about any trouble I had with their product.

I get along with this two coupons. One for a free pound bag of M&Ms.

And another for $2.50 off any M&M purchase.

For the record, I would have had NO PROBLEM with them adding blue to the mix. It's the deletion of tan to make room for the blue that was a problem.

I have issues with Crayola for similar reasons.

Burnt Umber lives!!!!

"Conspiracies are the norm, not the exception." --G. Edward Griffin The Creature from Jekyll Island

High Priestess of the Church of the Whale Penis
wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2004, 01:27 PM   #17
melidasaur
Traded your soul for pogs.

I will only drink milk out of a clear glass, has to be made of glass - not clear plastic. I need to be able to inspect my milk from all sides.
Old 12-20-2004, 01:28 PM   #18
cowhead
halve your cake and eat it too.

oh crap.. weird habits?

I understand the sleeping on one side of the bed thing, for me it's always the left side (facing the bed) and I have a 'Dutch wife' pillow as well... so I hope that's not weird. (*or if it is i really don't care.. I like it).. I have 3 specific use coffee cups and an array of others (there's the morning coffee cup -black so i can't see the stain build up- the afternoon/evening coffee cup which is an ancient cup that looks like a cow.. it's awfully unweildly and dreadful to look at.. then there's the 'at work coffee cup' which is an old 'please stop' (a quickie mart in parkville MO) coffee cup which is so tarnished by this point it would more than likely be outlawed by the FDA

other weird habits... well there are tons of them, and I don't think I know you well enough to go on about them darlin'
Old 12-20-2004, 01:34 PM   #19
breakingnews
Q_Q

Yeah, come to think of it, I always have a strict, strict routine in the shower. Basically bottom to top - body, face, hair. If I do it out of order, I am just entirely off balance. That's mostly because I'm so tired in the morning that if I, say, wash my hair first, I'll think that I forgot to do something and have to start all over again. Even if that means washing twice over.
breakingnews is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2004, 01:40 PM   #20
glatt

I really have to have a bowl of Wheaties for breakfast every day. If guests come visit, we make nice breakfasts with eggs, bacon, bagels, coffee cake, etc., and I eat my Wheaties. I'm not completely inflexible. Maybe as many as ten days a year I'll eat something other than Wheaties for breakfast, but I miss my Wheaties on those days.

Wheaties are expensive, so when they go on sale, I clean off the shelf in the store. At any given time, I have between 6-15 boxes of Weaties on deck on a shelf in the basement. I eat them fast enough that they never go bad.

I don't care for all the sports stars on the cover of the boxes. I feel that they jack up the price of the Wheaties. If Wheaties came in a plain orange box, with no picture, I bet they could chop the price in half. I'd like that.
glatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2004, 03:44 PM   #21
dar512
dar512 is now Pete Zicato

Quote:
Originally Posted by breakingnews
Yeah, come to think of it, I always have a strict, strict routine in the shower. Basically bottom to top - body, face, hair. If I do it out of order, I am just entirely off balance. That's mostly because I'm so tired in the morning that if I, say, wash my hair first, I'll think that I forgot to do something and have to start all over again. Even if that means washing twice over.
Eww. That means you wash your face with the same washcloth you just washed your rear with.
dar512 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2004, 03:44 PM   #22
dar512
dar512 is now Pete Zicato

Quote:
Originally Posted by glatt
If Wheaties came in a plain orange box, with no picture, I bet they could chop the price in half. I'd like that.
Don't they have generic Wheaties at your store?
dar512 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2004, 04:06 PM   #23
breakingnews
Q_Q

Quote:
Originally Posted by dar512
Eww. That means you wash your face with the same washcloth you just washed your rear with.
Interesting ... I've been wondering lately why ladies run screaming from me. I thought it was the cologne or something.

"It's called Sex Panther. They say 60 percent of the time, it works ... every time."
Old 12-21-2004, 01:47 AM   #24
wolf
lobber of scimitars

Quote:
Originally Posted by dar512
Don't they have generic Wheaties at your store?
Generic wheaties do not taste like wheaties. Sometimes you have to go for the real deal.

"Conspiracies are the norm, not the exception." --G. Edward Griffin The Creature from Jekyll Island

Old 12-21-2004, 09:09 AM   #25
LabRat
twatfaced two legged bumhole

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolf
I put them back into the bag, put the bag in a puffy envelope, and mail it all back to M&M/Mars company....
If I haven't said this before, you ROCK!!!!
Old 12-21-2004, 09:44 AM   #26
breakingnews
Q_Q

My least favorite cereal is generic wheat puffs out of the bag (those honey-coated brand ones were pretty damn good, but these - no way). My mom used to buy them. I don't know why.

Lately I've been big into those super-sugary cereals I used to eat as a kid. I just polished off boxes of Cinnamon Toast Crunch, Golden Grahams and Frosted Flakes. Nice and sweet. So wonderful.
Old 12-21-2004, 09:49 AM   #27
wolf
lobber of scimitars

Captain Crunch is still as wonderful as it was.

I mourn the loss of good toys in cereal.

Darn those kids who can't distinguish toys you don't eat from cereals that you do!

Old 12-21-2004, 10:35 AM   #28
Kitsune
still eats dirt

Whats the deal with coffee? I have the same problem: coffee must be in a mug. At work, it is a specific mug that I've used for years and while I will drink coffee out of a styrofoam cup from the cafeteria it seems to taste different, somehow.

If the volume on a radio is displayed digitally, I will set it to a number divisible by five.
Kitsune is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2004, 10:40 AM   #29
wolf
lobber of scimitars

It is different. Styrofoam leeches evil poisons into your coffee.

I have established my strangeness previously, but I will drink out of a suspiciously dirty looking mug before I will use styrofoam. I keep a stainless steel travel mug in the car in case I decide to drink coffee somewhere that a mug or paper cup (with anti-heat snuggy) is not available.

Oh, and at least twice a year, the work mug goes home for a trip through the dishwasher, whether it needs it or not.

Old 12-21-2004, 11:55 AM   #30
perth
Strong Silent Type

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kitsune
If the volume on a radio is displayed digitally, I will set it to a number divisible by five.
Hunh, I wonder if there's a name for that. On the radio, TV, and whatever else I have, I have to have the volume set to an odd number or I can't stop thinking about it.
perth is offline   Reply With Quote