The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Home Base
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Home Base A starting point, and place for threads don't seem to belong anywhere else

Old 12-11-2003, 01:09 PM   #31
FileNotFound
Intouch with his inner sheep rider.

Quote:
Originally posted by perth

I didn't. There wasn't any mention of a bible.
Must be a PA thing...or Springfield thing...sigh
Maybe the clerk was a retard...she had so much trouble with my name it made me want to puke. Plus she was acting really amused. "Gloukhoff" is NOT that long, "Oh dear...oh it's so hard..oh how do you say that..oh my..oppsie I typed it wrong AGAIN...here we go...almost there". It's not funny. It's idiotic and insensitive.
FileNotFound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2003, 01:20 PM   #32
jinx
Come on, cat.

Quote:
Originally posted by FileNotFound

Must be a PA thing...or Springfield thing...sigh
Maybe the clerk was a retard...she had so much trouble with my name it made me want to puke. Plus she was acting really amused. "Gloukhoff" is NOT that long, "Oh dear...oh it's so hard..oh how do you say that..oh my..oppsie I typed it wrong AGAIN...here we go...almost there". It's not funny. It's idiotic and insensitive.
Got our marriage license in Media, PA. There was no bible invloved.
Old 12-11-2003, 01:23 PM   #33
DNK
Thick skinned and I like (my wife's) Bush

Quote:

Have you tried to get a marriage license? You know you have to put your hand on the bible to do that? Why? I don't believe in god. I'll tell you the truth with my hand up my ass rather than with it on the bible.

Got my marriage license in Atlanta, GA. No bible here either, in the bible belt no less. This makes me wonder how much other shit FNF is pulling out of his ass.

GBA

DNK
Old 12-11-2003, 01:28 PM   #34
FileNotFound

Quote:
Originally posted by DNK

Got my marriage license in Atlanta, GA. No bible here either, in the bible belt no less. This makes me wonder how much other shit FNF is pulling out of his ass.

GBA

DNK

I'm not making the shit up.

This is the place I went to:

Delaware County
Media, PA

They sure as hell made me give them $50 and put my hand on the bible. Call them up and ask them if you don't believe me.
Old 12-11-2003, 01:39 PM   #35
warch
lurkin old school

Hennepin County, MN- bibleless.

Nascar = traffic. I dont like traffic.

Bob Sagget? I can not imagine any scenario, blue or otherwise, in which he would exhibit any comedic talents. His fame has always baffled me.
warch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2003, 01:43 PM   #36
FileNotFound

Gha was I really the only one?

If so I'll write an offended letter. I just thought it was common practice and didn't want to make a fuss out of it especialy since the clerk was already making it look like I was torturing her with my name. Sigh...
Old 12-11-2003, 01:43 PM   #37
kerosene
Touring the facilities

Quote:

Plus she was acting really amused. "Gloukhoff" is NOT that long, "Oh dear...oh it's so hard..oh how do you say that..oh my..oppsie I typed it wrong AGAIN...here we go...almost there". It's not funny. It's idiotic and insensitive.
I understand this. Oh, do I ever. My maiden name was a 3 syllable 13 letter german name that nobody could pronounce.

I stopped excusing people for screwing it up. It is really offensive when they make a big deal of it.
kerosene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2003, 01:45 PM   #38
DNK

Quote:
Gha was I really the only one?

If so I'll write an offended letter. I just thought it was common practice and didn't want to make a fuss out of it especialy since the clerk was already making it look like I was torturing her with my name. Sigh...

This makes sense. Since it's your right NOT to be offended. Come on man, thickin you skin.

GBA

DNK
Old 12-11-2003, 01:52 PM   #39
FileNotFound

DNK. Get some damn sense.

It's OK for me to be offended by you. It's ok for me to be offended by the idiots who support Bush. It's OK for me to be offended by the idiotic slogans that I see every day as I drive past a church to work. That's all fine. I can ignore all that.

It's NOT ok for me to be offended when I'm trying to do something that I NEED to do to get on with my life and is controlled by the government.

Dealing with the goverment that I pay taxes to support should NOT be offensive to me.
Old 12-11-2003, 01:54 PM   #40
blue
Operations Operative

Bible?

Yep, no bible here either, although they did give me a bag full of crap....laundry soap, gift certificates, bunch a stuff I guess my wife thought was useful.

Funny thing is, about 3 years later I went to work there (not register of deeds office...county government tho), union, government workers...absolutely the laziest most arrogant bunch of "workers" I have ever been associated with. I have never seen a such a ridiculous waste of money on a daily basis....and don't get me started about the dept. of human services!
Old 12-11-2003, 01:57 PM   #41
vsp
Syndrome of a Down

Quote:
Originally posted by warch
Bob Sagget? I can not imagine any scenario, blue or otherwise, in which he would exhibit any comedic talents. His fame has always baffled me.
Dig up the infamous <a href="http://www.humorlinks.com/cgi-bin/amazon/amazon_products_feed.cgi?item_id=B00000DLU4&search_type=image&locale=us">9th Annual Young Comedians</a> HBO special, where Saget steals the show with rapid-fire patter. (The show also features Sam Kinison, Bob Nelson, Rita Rudner, Louie Anderson, Yakov Smirnoff, and Maurice LaMarche (voice of "The Brain" from Animaniacs).

The year before's is almost as good -- Dana Carvey, Joel (MST3K) Hodgson, Bill Maher, Paula Poundstone and the Amazing Jonathan.

I would love to track down a copy of "Opening Night at Rodney's Place," another HBO special that I once had on tape but have long since lost...
vsp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2003, 01:58 PM   #42
FileNotFound

I got the bag too.

It had some Zest soap, some Dyno detergent, a bar of Secret deodorant and a bunch of coupons.

I thought that was funny. Thing is, in Russia despite the fact that good soap and deodorant or detergent was almost impossible to buy, giving it to somebody was considered extremely rude. It implied saying "You stink so bad you need this deodorant more than I do, while you're at it use this bar of soap on your self, oh and wash your damn clothes!"

And no I was not offended by that. I just though it was funny.

I still say that should've given me a pack of condoms...
Old 12-11-2003, 01:59 PM   #43
lumberjim
I can hear my ears

IS there a god?
lumberjim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2003, 02:31 PM   #44
DNK

Quote:

I'm not making the shit up.

This is the place I went to:

Delaware County
Media, PA

They sure as hell made me give them $50 and put my hand on the bible. Call them up and ask them if you don't believe me.

I called. They swear you in just like you are testifying in court. So, while there is a bible on site, you don't have to place you hand upon it, simply raising you right hand will do. So it looks like you have an option since you were offended , yet you failed to take it.

GBA

DNK
Old 12-11-2003, 02:37 PM   #45
FileNotFound

Sigh,

Thanks for clearing that up DNK. I was never really 'given' the option. She just stuck out the bible and said "Place your hand on this bibile."
I was already so frustrated with the name thing, I think we both just really wanted to get out of there as soon as possible and I didn't want to argue with the clerk. Well I might have had I been alone...

Anyway, once again thanks for clearing that up.