The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Cellar-related > Cellar Meta

Cellar Meta Users, threads, etiquette, posting, usage, forums, why this place matters or doesn't

Old 01-12-2016, 02:38 PM   #181
Clodfobble
UNDER CONDITIONAL MITIGATION

I'm glad you like them, Cherry.
Clodfobble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2016, 07:07 PM   #182
Pamela
Deplorable

I want to post mine, but it is locked in my lemon of a truck and I haven't seen that for eleven days now.

I just *know* I parked it around here somewhere!
Pamela is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2016, 08:00 AM   #183
Sundae
polaroid of perfection

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clodfobble View Post
I'm glad you like them, Cherry.
Just noticed I identified you in an earlier post anyway!
But yes. Love them.
Old 01-13-2016, 08:46 AM   #184
Clodfobble
UNDER CONDITIONAL MITIGATION

I was proud of the fact that I remembered to write "Happy Christmas" instead of "Merry Christmas" as us Yanks are inclined to say. It was downright culturally-sensitive of me, I thought.
Clodfobble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2016, 04:56 PM   #185
Lola Bunny
Junior Master Dwellar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lola Bunny View Post
I forgot to report that I received my SS gift on the 26th. Well, I think the package came on the Eve and we couldn't pick it up until the day after Xmas. Opening the package felt like Christmas morning all over. Hihi.....I'll post pics later.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G850A using Tapatalk
Just realized I have not posted my pictures! To my defense, I ran out of data on my phone in 10 days(!!) but thought something was just wrong with my phone. That's what happens when you've got no damn internet at home, got only 1G of data on your phone but stupidly used pandora to listen to music because you were too scared to stay home alone in the woods. Anyways......the forum isn't letting post anything either. Well, it does, but my size limit is 0k. Okay, I'm going stop whining now.
Attached Images

Lola Bunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2016, 05:17 AM   #186
Sundae
polaroid of perfection

Thanks, Lola!
I knew you were having trouble logging on and that you always have problems with photos

So a little background FTR. Hope you don't mind.

I wrapped all the prizes in old copies of a magazine to save on money/ be environmentally responsible. British Dwellars have received gifts similarly wrapped for birthdays etc. I figured once you opened the main postage bag it would still be fun to unwrap things.

Your suggestions said you liked a number of things I knew would never get through Customs (nothing dirty, people!) but also gadgets, baking, anything fun and quirky, lip gloss, hand lotion.
I don't think I'm breaking confidence by saying that, because it's what I knew of you! You also said "Surprise me!" - probably as a last resort as I know you're not a greedy or materialistic Bunny.

So the little cat faces you see in the photo are lip salves. To their left are cat socks. I'm a cat lady. To their right is a Wallet Ninja. It was as close to anything tool-like I thought would get through.

On top of these is a Selection Pack - a traditional present for children you don't know very well at Christmas in the UK. Different types of choc. This is a small, cheap one (sorry, but it's true.) You can get REALLY big ones with lots of full sized different bars in. I figured a taster would be better.

Underneath are Christmas crackers - cardboard tubes containing novelties, hats, jokes. Two people take one end each and pull, and there is a "snap" inside. The crack in the cracker. Many people now believe that if you get the larger end, all the loot inside is yours. When I grew up, if it was the cracker by your place setting, it didn't matter who ended up with the larger end. These are traditional over the whole Christmas season.

On the cracker box is an owl that I simply fell in love with, and an LED butterfly. You switch it on and the light flashes different colours. I bought one for Mum. Bought her an owl too actually.

On the Cadbury's selection pack is some hand cream.
It looked nice.

Behind it are some stick on (edible) eyes.
Little eyes for fruit and veg and making things look funny. Made me laugh anyway.

There's also some gold ribbon with Lola's real name on it.
I had it printed as I expect she is the sort of person who decorates presents beautifully. If her cakes and cookies are anything to go by!

Then behind that is the staple Cellar cock. A blue ornament which may not have made it across the Atlantic in tact, but it's a fun throw-away thing.

And then a calendar. Of my "home" town (it's not home, I just live here.)

Guess what?
I bought these things over about four months, as I was buying things for Mum & Dad. I only added the personal items when I knew who I was buying for.
I had a ball.

I can't promise the same for my SS next year, although I'll try. I do love being just a little bit foreign on this website, and trying to give a something back.
This year I remembered how wonderful it was to get prizes from Ali, Jim & Jinx, Sarge etc.
And especially this year, after hospital, after I sent my SS package, gifts from Limey, my Secret Santa Clod, and the always marvs Carr.

So I hope you don't think I've been too self-promoting in saying what I bought.
It really is just that I enjoyed it so much that I wanted to share, and I know Lola may not have the ability to do so.
Would love your review on the chocolate though!

Last edited by Sundae; 01-16-2016 at 05:33 AM.
Sundae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2016, 01:57 PM   #187
Lola Bunny
Junior Master Dwellar

Thank you for explaining everything. I don't mind it at all!

I loved all the newspaper wrappings. It was really fun to rip through them presents. All those cat presents....I was thinking, "How did she know I have cats now?" Then I remembered that you love cats. The ninja wallet....OMG! I love it! Stuck it into my wallet right away.

The chocolate selection pack was a life saver. One day I was pmsing and in a foul mood because I couldn't resolve the data problem I had on my phone. I had wanted to buy some ice cream, but Bruce gave me a look and said, "If you can't lose weight, don't blame me." I decided to not buy any but was I I came home and ate all of them chocolates you gave, hihi. They were yummy. I remember eating those when I was a kid. Eating them cheered me right up.

Christmas crackers....I thought inside were cookies crackers. One day, I felt like eating crackers and tore one open. Imagine my surprise....hahahhaa. That's what I get for not reading the box. Except for the one I tore open, I saved the rest for next Christmas. I'm glad you described how to open them.

Hand lotion....I use it before going to bed. I like hand lotions. By the way, I love them lip balm too. Tossed one in my purse right away.

Edible eyes: I told Bruce the next time we eat burgers, I will stick eyes on them.

The personalized ribbon: I think that is so cool. Cool as the Christmas card. It was extremely thoughtful of you.

The cock, the butterfly, and the owl....they all go onto the bookcase.

The calendar is so nice. Yes, I recognized that it was of your "hometown."

I really like everything you gave and the thought that went into them. Thank you a whole bunch. As I said before, opening your present felt like Christmas present all over. Actually, I think I was more excited opening your gifts than my own on Christmas morning.
Old 01-16-2016, 04:44 PM   #188
Lola Bunny
Junior Master Dwellar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundae View Post
Phew!

Sorry it ended up being late - as I said in my card, I had intended to post it on the Tuesday, but then ended up in hospital for nine nights.

Glad it gave you a Boxing Day treat anyway.
I'm sorry that you had to be in a the hospital. I haven't read enough to know why, but I know your health isn't at its greatest. I hope you are feeling better now and hopefully on your way to better health. I'm sorry for ignoring this comment before. No excuse, but I've become a bit self-absorbed lately with the recent move.
Old 01-22-2016, 05:19 PM   #189
classicman
barely disguised asshole, keeper of all that is holy.

I got some candy from some hillbilly/redneck/old fart.

Holy crap it WAS good. Damn that man can make candy righteous! lol

Thanks BB!!!!