Old 06-15-2007, 07:57 PM   #273
Cloud

pet the lizard, baby
Old 06-18-2007, 10:24 PM   #274
skysidhe
~~Life is either a daring adventure or nothing.~~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundae Girl View Post
I know it sounds like that... And it is (selfishly) good news. But my Mum has been looking for nice, settled, retired people who want two attention seeking boisterous cats to love on my behalf. She has friends in the age group that is more likely to offer a settled home.

My problem is at some point in London they will have to go outside. Trifle does, and there's no sensible way you can maintain a 3 cat household where 1 is indoor/ outdoor and 2 are indoor cats. I worry so much about this, I agreed if Mum could find someone suitable I'd consider giving them up.
I hope it works out Sundae Girl.

So you let one cat out and keep the others in? I was thinking of allowing on of mine out and not the other. This is a silly question but do the other cats don't find it mean? I don't want the one I do not allow out to be sad.

You see I got two kittens. One good thing that happened because of my X. They are a sister and brother. They are almost 4 months old now. One is a tom and the other is a little princess.
Their names are Tommy Pickles (Sawyer) and Princess Zowie aka Gizmo.
Attached Images

skysidhe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2007, 10:25 PM   #275
skysidhe

sorry for those huge photos.

after my pc crash I no longer have a program to modify them either.
Old 06-19-2007, 02:28 PM   #276
Sundae
polaroid of perfection

OMG
I prefer cats to kittens (and perhaps am alone in the world in that?) but A GINGER KITTEN! Almost enough to make me believe in creationism - surely nothing that cute could be the process of random evolution...

Anyway, cute-overload aside. In my situation I don't necessarily think it's unfair to have two cats indoors and one out, but it will be very, very difficult. My boys have never been outside. They are very small cats with very fine coats. They have only ever encountered cats from their own (extended) family as I adopted them from the breeder. And they are now 18 months old.

It seems cruel to me to let them out into a London urban location teeming with cats that have scratched and bitten over territory since they were weaned. One bite from a natural tom (they are neutered) will go straight through their fine pelt and probably end in an absess. And even without that - can I in all conscience introduce two madly inquisitive cats who love humans into an uncaring world?

If we did it, it would be very carefully managed, but even then, it is fraught with worry. Sigh.

As you were.
Old 06-19-2007, 03:13 PM   #277
Cloud

Why do you want to have one go out and one stay in?

I used to let my cats outside, but no more. Too many dangers to them, and they are a danger to critters. Fierce little omniverous hunters they are! I want to build them an indoor/outdoor enclosure, but my access to the outside isn't quite right.
Old 06-20-2007, 09:46 AM   #278
skysidhe

to you both

ah yes that ginger kitten is a character! He was very random and my X was the owner of both the father and the mother. Only one born Ginger color. ...He was the last and biggest to be born stuck high inside the cavity of the mother here plopped out this orange kitty amongst the other black ones. Since I lost my cat back in December I knew it was only fate bringing me what I so wanted.

I can say this becaue there wasn't a kitten to be found in the papers or at the pound or animal shelters.

So anyway he seems to want to go outside. The small female is happy with her place inside.
They are both beautiful in temperment.

If I thought I could pull it off SG I would try but since it's a work in progress with you then perhaps I won't.

@cloud... I was just exploring the idea for the future because the little tom seems to find the outiside to appealing. I don't want to be cruel either way.
Old 06-20-2007, 09:58 AM   #279
Cloud

I'm really into the idea of outdoor enclosures for cats. I think more and more people will be constructing them.

Here's a very good run down of how to provide a rich home environment for indoor cats; includes description of refuge and perches and interesting checklist on how to determine toy preference: What Indoor Cats Need
Old 06-20-2007, 12:19 PM   #280
LabRat
twatfaced two legged bumhole

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cloud View Post
but they bite, don't they?
Yes and no. If you stick your finger in through the bars, she will first give you a test nibble, then full blown chomp. If you are holding her, she usually will just nibble your fingers. Occasionally she has gotten ahold of my nail, and takes a stronger pinch on that, but has only drawn blood once, on my thumb. It was totally my fault because I let her nibble a little too long before moving my finger.

The best though is her little tongue. Betcha didn't know that they have the softest little tongues. If I have been exercising and my arms are a little sweaty, she will lick the salt off of them.

I'm going to try to get a shot of her reaching up to eat her parsly, but we'll see. My camera has a good bit of delay between pushing the button and the actual pic, so it won't be easy. You guys are worth it though .

Oh, I guess she also bit me in the knee last night when I was kneeling too close to the bathtub for her to scoot through. No blood, but I did make sure I left her room after that. Impatient little bitch. (I let her run free in the bathroom for exercise while giving my daughter a bath. Easier to clean up linoleum than carpet.)
Old 06-20-2007, 12:29 PM   #281
Cloud

thanks very much for the answer, Labrat. --well, my cat bites, so it doesn't disqualify one as a pet. Somehow the thought of being bitten by a gp scares me a bit, though.

very, very cute, though!
Old 07-02-2007, 11:36 AM   #282
jester
why so serious

one of mine - Boots

Name:  Boots 3.jpg
Views: 409
Size:  119.0 KB

Name:  Boots 4.jpg
Views: 403
Size:  127.7 KB
jester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2007, 12:21 PM   #283
skysidhe

Boots looks like a nice kitty
Old 07-02-2007, 12:52 PM   #284
jester
why so serious

Quote:
Originally Posted by skysidhe View Post
Boots looks like a nice kitty
he is, thank you

however, he is also fat & lazy. he uses all of his energy to eat. he might every once in a great while break out into a jog, for about 2 seconds.
jester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2007, 02:00 PM   #285
skysidhe

'for 2 seconds'

funny visual there