The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Current Events
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Current Events Help understand the world by talking about things happening in it

Old 09-01-2005, 12:44 PM   #166
Elspode
When Do I Get Virtual Unreality?

That certainly would make it much less cost-effective to blow them off of the face of the Earth.
Old 09-01-2005, 12:49 PM   #167
chronos
Dry Nurse

Gas prices are now effecting me

Well, when I went from $50 to fill up my tahoe to $120 to fill up my suburban, all in a matter of 3 weeks, things do get a bit more tense. Going from $200/month to $480/month for gas really does have an impact.
chronos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2005, 12:57 PM   #168
Griff
still says videotape

.19 cents overnight to $3.26
Old 09-01-2005, 01:30 PM   #169
jinx
Come on, cat.

$2.87 at the place across the street. I forgot to look when I passed the Sheetz up the road, its usually much cheaper there though.
Old 09-01-2005, 03:27 PM   #170
Hobbs
Professor for the school of ass-clownery

Quote:
Originally Posted by chronos
Well, when I went from $50 to fill up my tahoe to $120 to fill up my suburban, all in a matter of 3 weeks, things do get a bit more tense. Going from $200/month to $480/month for gas really does have an impact.
Oh, but according to TW, these prices are still not high enough. I don't know what your talking about. Suck it up pal. [horrendous sarcasm]According to the latest economic reports, your paying $480 a month in 2005, but that translates to $800 in 1973 dollars. So your not that bad off. Doesn't matter that you can't buy as much groceries this month as you did two months ago in 2005, where it counts.[/horrendous sarcasm]
Old 09-01-2005, 03:42 PM   #171
plthijinx
Master Dwellar

the way these prices are going it's a definite lifestyle change.
i'm going to pick up the classifieds and look for a motorcycle.
Old 09-01-2005, 04:50 PM   #172
capnhowdy
Blatantly Homosapien

yesterday nothing but premium here @ 3.20... this morning: nothing but regular at 3.09. I swear someone's mind gaming me.
Old 09-01-2005, 05:05 PM   #173
BrianR
Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult

I paid $3.09 for 87 octane today. $3.19 for Plus and $3.29 for Premium. Went up $.20 overnight.
Old 09-01-2005, 05:22 PM   #174
melidasaur
Traded your soul for pogs.

I saw some regular for 2.99 this morning as a trekked across Illinois from my parents house. Diesal was a whole dollar cheaper in some places... and I called Mr. Saur and told him that if things keep up like this, we should trade in our car for a TDi. He yelled at me and said I should just drive less. Oh well.
Old 09-01-2005, 05:23 PM   #175
Dagney
The Prodigal Brat Returneth

Turkey Hill on the corner by my house as well as down the street from my office.

2.99 for regular, 3.19 for premium at 7:55 this morning

3.19 for regular, 3.59 for premium at 5:30 this afternoon.

I've seen higher, but the trauma of that number has been blocked from my memory.

The attached seems a bit more...accurate for some reason.
Attached Images

Dagney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2005, 12:18 AM   #176
wolf
lobber of scimitars

East Norriton Wawa 3.259 for Regular after midnight tonight.

Premium required a second mortgage and an indenture on your firstborn.

"Conspiracies are the norm, not the exception." --G. Edward Griffin The Creature from Jekyll Island

High Priestess of the Church of the Whale Penis
wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2005, 12:43 AM   #177
Elspode

Quote:
Yeah, but it isn't going to hurt the economy, right TW?
Old 09-02-2005, 08:19 AM   #178
Kitsune
still eats dirt

Quote:
And now for the question everyone loves to ask: Why oh WHY do you own a Suburban and a Tahoe? Surely you're not complaining because you do more with these vehicles than drive it, alone, to and from work, the store, etc? You must have a ton of kids to haul around every single day.

I only say this because, well, there are some really crazy people here at my office that only have one or two kids and they're griping that it costs so much to fill up their massive vehicle. Even then, usually they're the only ones driving it! They love excess, so I'm sure that these gas prices can't be hurting them that badly. Otherwise, you know, they would have purchased a reasonable vehicle. A couple of them in their F-350s do nothing more than sit behind a desk all day -- they don't even have a boat to haul with it, nor do they work construction sites. Hilarious, really.

Last edited by Kitsune; 09-02-2005 at 09:56 AM.
Kitsune is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2005, 09:50 AM   #179
Ero
Musician

Our local paper stated today that America would stop all oil exports in the coming future and that this could mean prices could rise to as much as about 100€ for a full refuel for the common car. This price used to be at 40€ so this would be a price rise of more than 200%... But i'll wait and see, I don't tend to believe everything I read.
Old 09-02-2005, 12:13 PM   #180
Elspode

By Monday, I expect to be paying $4.00 per gallon. That's going to cost me $80.00 to fill my Explorer. That's about $64.50 or thereabouts in Euros. Looks like we're all gonna have to pucker up, huh?