The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Arts & Entertainment
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Arts & Entertainment Give meaning to your life or distract you from it for a while

Old 08-31-2013, 11:57 AM   #1
infinite monkey
Person who doesn't update the user title

Mad Men

I love Mad Men. I love it only slightly less than I loved Six Feet Under and slightly more than I loved The Sopranos.

I got seasons 1 through 4 for ten bucks apiece. Season 5 is still too expensive and I don't think Season 6 is out yet. WHEN does Season 7 start? It will be the last. So sad.

Any fans? Any speculation what will become of Don? Do you just love Roger? I do! Do you just love Pete and Joan and Peggy and Betty and Sally? I do. Crushing on Pete...but they all piss me off too!

I've a feeling the last episode will make me cry.
infinite monkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2013, 06:37 PM   #2
Pico and ME
Are you knock-kneed?

I'm a huge fan. I have been slowly catching up on it through Netflix. I have just watched the show where the secretary runs over the British guys foot with the riding lawnmower. This series hypnotizes me.

“Seven Deadly Sins: Wealth without work, Pleasure without conscience, Science without humanity, Knowledge without character, Politics without principle, Commerce without morality, Worship without sacrifice.” – Mahatma Gandhi
Pico and ME is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2013, 09:03 PM   #3
infinite monkey

Oh that was so nuts! I remember seeing it the first time and when i got the dvd i rewound that part a few times. Hilarious!

Did you notice one of the telephone pool is that Flo from Progressive? She doesnt have many lines but if i remember correctly she was in that episode, at the party.

I had come late to the Mad Men party myself, so buying the series was to catch up, in order, everything that happened to get where they are now. I'm so glad i did. Do keep me posted as to your reactions to events as you see them if you want. I love talking about it and there's no one to talk to! My brother ALWAYS turns me on to different series and when I finally start watching he thinks they jumped the shark and has stopped watching! Breaking Bad will be the next one I finally catch up on, and he'll probably say he quit watching.

I love the portrayal of the people reacting to actual historical moments, and there are some good ones coming up for you!
Old 09-01-2013, 08:44 AM   #4
Pico and ME
Are you knock-kneed?

NOBODY says they quit watching Breaking Bad! The show is that incredible. I've been catching up on that one too, and it has kept me up till 4am doing so. You will love it.

“Seven Deadly Sins: Wealth without work, Pleasure without conscience, Science without humanity, Knowledge without character, Politics without principle, Commerce without morality, Worship without sacrifice.” – Mahatma Gandhi
Old 09-01-2013, 12:42 PM   #5
glatt

I had to stop watching Breaking Bad and know another person who did too for the same reason. I just couldn't stand watching him descend any further. It's a great show, but I couldn't handle it after the third season. Shit got too real.
glatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2013, 01:02 PM   #6
Pico and ME
Are you knock-kneed?

You just had too, didn't you... lol

But it didn't bore you. It was just too hard for you to watch.

Its the shock factor of how far he will go that keeps me coming back. That and Jesse, and their relationship. And I did like Gus, but I definitely like Mike...and so on and so on. Its just a really interesting show done very well.

Old 09-04-2013, 02:32 PM   #7
infinite monkey

OK, Pico. Got the first season of Breaking Bad!

(Please tell me there are no aliens, maces, codpieces, zombies, medievel torture devices, fairies, flying carpets, flying cars, (really, flying anything except like birds and planes) magic rings, dragons, swordfights ,wizards, little kids running around in otherworlds, or vampires in this series.)
Old 09-04-2013, 08:38 PM   #8
Pico and ME
Are you knock-kneed?

None of those, but that is all I will say. This show will do nothing but surprise you at every turn and you will love it. DO NOT LET ANYONE EVER TAKE THE SURPRISE AWAY. Seriously...and no looking ahead on Wikipedia, either.

Old 09-04-2013, 09:15 PM   #9
infinite monkey

I agree! I didnt try to find my christmas presents hidden away before they were wrapped. I went almost a year without knowing the twist in 6TH Sense (and i had to cover my ears and run away sometimes if i thought someone was going to blow it)

No way will i seek spoilers. i love surprise,and good writing which leads to the surprises.
Old 09-05-2013, 06:14 PM   #10
Undertoad
Radical Centrist

In the last 72 hours I have watched seasons 1 2 and 3 of Breaking Bad and now I don't feel so good

loss of sleep you know
Undertoad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2013, 07:37 PM   #11
limegreenc
shed door curio

I've got 3 or 4 more to watch of BB, then I'm onto GOT season 2 on the thumb drive. Sunday's episode wasn't all that great.
limegreenc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2013, 07:38 PM   #12
limegreenc
shed door curio

My bad, I meant to say; season 3 of GOT
limegreenc is offline   Reply With Quote