The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Nothingland
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Nothingland Something about nothing - game threads, diversions, time-wasters

Old 06-07-2008, 04:26 AM   #2041
Buffalo Bill
Resident President

Our dog died thursday morning, just before I left to work.
He was old (14 years) we've had him since he was 1 year old, his owner had left him on the street because he was epileptic and he did'nt want to spend any money on him.
He was such a good dog, our kids have played with him and even do they where annoying with him, he never ever hurt them.
He was sick for the last 2 years, the Vet did'nt understand what was his problem but he found out that if he took antibiotics he stopped vomiting and was living an almost normal life so we kept him on the antibiotics for the last 2 years.
Wednesday he was'nt feeling good, I had to take him in my arm to move him around the house, he was a fairly big dog (80 pounds)
The Vet could'nt see him on wednesday nite and my wife was supposed to go to the Vet on thursday morning. She slept beside him on the floor of the living room and at 5 in the morning he died in her arms.
The house is so empty without him around, we miss him so much.
Buffalo Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2008, 04:58 AM   #2042
DanaC
We have to go back, Kate!

Oh Bill, I am so sorry. At least he was with your wife when he died, safe at home and with familiar smells and sounds. Far better than a final trip to the vets.

Such small comfort though. You have my sympathy.
DanaC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2008, 07:53 AM   #2043
Sundae
polaroid of perfection

My sympathy Bill - and the same for all your family.
He lived a good life, and as Dana said, he died a good death.

Take your time to grieve, it's important.
Sorry for your loss.
Old 06-07-2008, 10:31 AM   #2044
Cloud

(sad)
Old 06-07-2008, 12:23 PM   #2045
limey
Encroaching on your decrees

So sorry to hear of your loss, Bill. Take time to grieve, as SG said. The smiles at all the goods times you had together will come back with time.
Old 06-07-2008, 12:47 PM   #2046
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

Bummer, good friends are hard to part with.
Do you have a picture you could post, Bill?
Old 06-07-2008, 07:17 PM   #2047
Aliantha
trying hard to be a better person

I don't think SG posted anything stupid. I think her expectations are reasonable. She and everyone else should expect to be able to put things in places and expect parents to keep their children away from them if they're not for children to play with.

No one's children are perfect, and kids don't need to be beaten in order to learn that some things are not for them to play with. It's not about the children even. It's about the parents. If you don't control your child when you're in public, that's your problem, not the childs. Take them home and let them wreck your stuff.

That's all.
Old 06-07-2008, 07:19 PM   #2048
Aliantha
trying hard to be a better person

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buffalo Bill View Post
Our dog died thursday morning, just before I left to work.
He was old (14 years) we've had him since he was 1 year old, his owner had left him on the street because he was epileptic and he did'nt want to spend any money on him.
He was such a good dog, our kids have played with him and even do they where annoying with him, he never ever hurt them.
He was sick for the last 2 years, the Vet did'nt understand what was his problem but he found out that if he took antibiotics he stopped vomiting and was living an almost normal life so we kept him on the antibiotics for the last 2 years.
Wednesday he was'nt feeling good, I had to take him in my arm to move him around the house, he was a fairly big dog (80 pounds)
The Vet could'nt see him on wednesday nite and my wife was supposed to go to the Vet on thursday morning. She slept beside him on the floor of the living room and at 5 in the morning he died in her arms.
The house is so empty without him around, we miss him so much.

I'm really sorry about your puppy dog Bill. A pet that's been with you its whole life is irreplaceable. Again, I'm really sorry for your loss.
Old 06-07-2008, 07:48 PM   #2049
Clodfobble
UNDER CONDITIONAL MITIGATION

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aliantha
She and everyone else should expect to be able to put things in places and expect parents to keep their children away from them if they're not for children to play with.
Absolutely. But if your competitor provides an environment that doesn't cause unecessary difficulties for parents with very small children, you may also expect to lose their business.
Clodfobble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2008, 08:30 PM   #2050
footfootfoot
To shreds, you say?

Location: in the house and on the street-how many, many feet we meet!
The whole issue of "control your child" ignores the very important fact that they are relatively new on the planet and have limited experience. They may not be malevolent harbingers of doom, they might be a little uncoordinated, or so interested in some fantastic shiny thing that they forget they need to pee until they no longer need to pee.

Yes, there are parents who are completely whipped by their kids, but it is important to remember that children are a force of nature and they have actual needs beyond food clothing shelter and love. They need stimulation, play, exploration, touch, etc. they need to explore the world through their five senses.

Obviously they can't go anywhere they like and that's where parenting comes in. Distract and deflect are two great techniques, but there are times when, because of circumstances, that won't work.

There are a lot of shitty parents out there. But if you have a business that isn't a singles bar, and it services mini vans, let's say, you can expect that a kid is going to come into your store at some point.

Where am I going?

Last edited by footfootfoot; 06-07-2008 at 09:00 PM. Reason: clarity
footfootfoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2008, 08:35 PM   #2051
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

You're right, that's why they should be muzzled, and leashed, in public.
Old 06-07-2008, 09:41 PM   #2052
footfootfoot
To shreds, you say?

Location: in the house and on the street-how many, many feet we meet!
Who?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m_Qh3tWImXM&NR=1
Old 06-07-2008, 09:45 PM   #2053
Cloud

my car had a goddamn flat, and I was stranded in the Target parking lot in 100 degree heat. AAA said they'd come right out -- in 2 hours.

This, right after I took it in last week, and the tires were rotated. When I picked it up, the same tire was flat. They said, it was the valve, but they fixed it.

Apparently not.

Now it really does look I'll need all new tires. fuck.
Old 06-07-2008, 10:09 PM   #2054
Clodfobble
UNDER CONDITIONAL MITIGATION

Sounds like what you really need is a new mechanic. You've told more than a few stories about them that really don't add up.
Clodfobble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2008, 10:12 PM   #2055
Cloud

different mechanics, though. The whole tire thing is really pissing me off.

and did I mention I HATE car trouble stuff?

Tags
swiss