The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Politics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Politics Where we learn not to think less of others who don't share our views

Old 05-31-2012, 01:54 PM   #16
Cyber Wolf
As stable as a ring of PU-239

Location: On a huge rock covered in water, highly advanced moss and 7 billion parasites
Quote:
Originally Posted by infinite monkey View Post
Soon, we won't be able to leave our houses because everything, EVERYTHING, is dangerous.
Can't stay home either, everything dangerous there too.
Mold, mildew, pet dander, pet poo, stairs, area rugs, carpets, tile floors, table edges, table corners, knives, forks, cleaning agents, bathtubs, dust, other people, electricity, water, lead piping, lead paint, asbestos, not enough fresh air, not enough sunshine, not enough exercise, not enough human interaction/socializing... umm... what'd I miss?

"I don't see why it matters what is written. Not when it's about people. It can always be crossed out." ~Adam Young, Good Omens
Cyber Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2012, 01:59 PM   #17
infinite monkey
Person who doesn't update the user title

omg you're right.

We need some regimen imposed upon us. We'll be like a superior race! We'll all be pretty much the same and RUGGED and HEARTY...can we be brunettes though, please, this time? Hai Hitler! Oh hai!
infinite monkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2012, 03:15 PM   #18
classicman
barely disguised asshole, keeper of all that is holy.

We could go stay with Newt at his vacation setup on the Moon.
Old 05-31-2012, 03:17 PM   #19
classicman

Quote:
Originally Posted by henry quirk View Post
A low-to-no-cost solution already exists: death.
Getting to the point of death is where the costs are.
It's the diabetes and heart issues and cancers treatments BEFORE they die that are so expensive.
Old 05-31-2012, 03:37 PM   #20
glatt

And if you think you aren't paying for them, you are deluding yourself.
glatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2012, 03:54 PM   #21
infinite monkey
Person who doesn't update the user title

*snickers*

Paying much more for myself than many, maybe most, for sure. Paying for others, for sure. Don't mind, for sure. I live in a society, but I don't think that makes me a decider.

Cyber Wolf is right. Don't get busy livin' get busy dyin'. And fear everything that you think is baaaaaddddd and espouse everything you think is gooooooooooood.

Jesus Henry Christ, we're talking about POP.
infinite monkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2012, 06:18 PM   #22
tw
Read? I only know how to write.

We don't hear regulations imposed on patriotic industries. Because most industries quietly remove dangers before you hear of them. How many products no longer have methyl ethyl ketone? No regulations necessary. The danger removed long ago.

How often do you consume 90 sugar cubes in a sitting – and love it. Clearly everyone does that because they want to. Or maybe because some industries easily manipulate lies and spin so that you did not know it was 90 sugar cubes per cup. If the heavy sugar drink industry was honest, then everyone knew that supersized soda was 90 sugar cubes. Most did not know until reading here because the industry is about spin and lies.

Why did better car manufacturers stop putting emblems on the front hood? They were killing people. Why were regulations not required? Because even GM eventually stopped harming people when other more responsible (patriotic) manufacturers eliminated them.

Why not sell cocaine laced drinks. After all, it is your right to consume what you want. That sugar laced drink is nutritionally equivalent to cocaine. So let's stop banning cocaine from drinks. After all, cocaine creates a similar health problem.

Some industries - including banks and cigarettes - earned the regulations they deserve. In every case, it was about manipulating people even by lying.

Supersize me. It took a glaring movie before MacDonalds suddenly realized they would be heavily regulated if they did not start making changes. Even MacDonalds only posted nutrition information after regulations finally required it. Sometimes regulations are necessary. The more corrupt the industry, then the more regulations it earns.

Your home has few dangers because so many companies addressed their defects rather than earn regulations.
tw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2012, 11:39 PM   #23
classicman

Quote:
How many products no longer have methyl ethyl ketone? No regulations necessary. The danger removed long ago.
Its available on Ebay
Old 05-31-2012, 11:50 PM   #24
classicman

Quote:
Why did better car manufacturers stop putting emblems on the front hood?
Rolls Royce still manufactures their vehicle with them this year. I would consider them better than a better car manufacturer.
jus sayin.
Old 06-01-2012, 01:46 AM   #25
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

They all do, they just stopped using hood ornaments for safety.
Old 06-01-2012, 07:30 AM   #26
glatt

Safe for whom? Indiana Jones needed that hood ornament to hang onto the truck long enough to get his whip situated.
glatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2012, 12:44 PM   #27
Sundae
polaroid of perfection

I have no issue with a "fat tax" or minimum pricing levels on alcohol.
They'd help me make better choices.

It won't affect citizens who have more self control than me, because they don't make my poor choices, or at least don't make them as often as I do. So the immediate cost to them is negligible, and they benefit from long term savings on healthcare.

Which we need to offset the cost of treating stooopid smokers
Old 06-01-2012, 01:17 PM   #28
Gravdigr
The Un-Tuckian

Quote:
Originally Posted by piercehawkeye45 View Post
Free will is bad. mmmkay.
Fixed it.

These statements have not been evaluated by the FDA, EPA, FBI, DEA, CDC, or FDIC. These statements are not intended to diagnose, cause, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. If you feel you have been harmed/offended by, or, disagree with any of the above statements or images, please feel free to fuck right off.
Gravdigr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2012, 01:29 PM   #29
Spexxvet
Makes some feel uncomfortable

Quote:
Originally Posted by classicman View Post
Why all the outrage? He was just following Michelle's example.
And Jack LaLanne, Euell Gibbons, and many others.
Old 06-01-2012, 01:34 PM   #30
Gravdigr
The Un-Tuckian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tw View Post
How many products no longer have methyl ethyl ketone? No regulations necessary. The danger removed long ago.
Quote:
Originally Posted by classicman View Post
The vacuum harness assemblies for environmental controls on a lot of cars/trucks is manufactured using MEK. I know, I used to make them.

These statements have not been evaluated by the FDA, EPA, FBI, DEA, CDC, or FDIC. These statements are not intended to diagnose, cause, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. If you feel you have been harmed/offended by, or, disagree with any of the above statements or images, please feel free to fuck right off.
Gravdigr is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
abandon hope, get yo dick out my cola!, holier than sow, jackassery, mind your own business, nosey parker, schmuck