The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Images > Image of the Day
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Image of the Day Images that will blow your mind - every day. [Blog] [RSS] [XML]

Old 01-14-2016, 10:42 PM   #1
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

Jan 15th, 2016: Froze Frozer Frozest

Justin Yelen had a few drinks so he caught a ride home, but the next morning when he came back the cold, wind, and lake had conspired to Disnefy it.

Justin said, "I hope summer comes soon". His Dad, who had driven him to get the car, was doing the dad thing saying, "We're going to have to somehow tow it to a warm garage and get it warmed up. I'm leaving that up to Justin!"
I've seen pictures by lake Lucerne and the Great Lakes where the car was completely entombed in ice, but Justin's car wasn't bad on the passenger side or rear.

Today they freed the car in the most brutal way possible. Two winch cables yanked it out of the ice. It's a wonder they didn't snap that mirror off, or rip a fender off. The rear wheel wasn't designed for that kind of side load, but they only pulled on that till it popped free, then yanked the front all the way around.
Warm garage indeed, hasn't anyone heard of flamethrowers? Won't somebody please think of the flamethrowers.
link
Old 01-15-2016, 07:23 AM   #2
Snakeadelic
Banned

Even if I'd sobered up, that spot that looks like Davy Jones's face would probably still have sent me screaming off into the distance. The only tentacles I truly enjoy are the kind that are encountered in a battered & fried configuration!

I'm so glad the only person I travel with has triple-A coverage--they even towed his trike like 50 miles, free of charges beyond his membership, when it turned out the dealership had mangled one of the brakes and it had to be taken to a different dealership to get fixed!
Snakeadelic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2016, 07:34 AM   #3
glatt

Awesome! I saw the frozen car picture yesterday or the day before and wondered how they would get it out.

I was picturing a rental party tent and a bunch of rental propane patio heaters to go with it. And a day or two and a dozen tanks of propane or so.
glatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2016, 10:39 AM   #4
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

Or a few hundred pounds of calcium chloride.
Old 01-15-2016, 10:51 PM   #5
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

Oh crap, will one of the powers that be change the date on this thread to the 15th, please. Sorry about that.