The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Current Events
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Current Events Help understand the world by talking about things happening in it

Old 08-06-2010, 02:58 PM   #1
Sundae
polaroid of perfection

UT, you know when the Monopoly Board Bombers start, you're gonna be hauled in for questioning, right?

Except isn't the US version based in Atlantic City or something?
Ours is based in London, and while it misses obvious targets (excuse the language) like Downing Street, it's would certainly close down the rest of London. Kings Cross is one of the stations for example. Although oddly - no-one seems to agree where the Angel Islington actually is. Perhaps a joke by the makers - I certainly had a username "Islington" for a while, because obviously I am an angel. Until people from North London started to make assumptions. Never trust a North Londoner. Sez my Dad.
Sundae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2010, 04:13 PM   #2
Happy Monkey
I think this line's mostly filler.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundae Girl View Post
Ours is based in London, and while it misses obvious targets (excuse the language) like Downing Street, it's would certainly close down the rest of London. Kings Cross is one of the stations for example. Although oddly - no-one seems to agree where the Angel Islington actually is. Perhaps a joke by the makers - I certainly had a username "Islington" for a while, because obviously I am an angel. Until people from North London started to make assumptions. Never trust a North Londoner. Sez my Dad.
Ever read or see "Neverwhere"? A lot of old tube stations make appearances.
|_______________| [pics]
Happy Monkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2010, 06:08 AM   #3
Sundae
polaroid of perfection

Quote:
Originally Posted by Happy Monkey View Post
Ever read or see "Neverwhere"? A lot of old tube stations make appearances.
But of course. I think I've bought everything ever published by Neil Gaiman, many more than once (as presents). I've been keeping him in the gothic style to which he has become accustomed for years now.

But, yes, I had completely forgotten about his Angel Islington.
And d'ya know what? I never knew it started as a TV show. When it was released on DVD a while back I avoided it out of principle, assuming it could never be as good as the book! Fool. Next, someone will be telling me the Iain Banks' The Crow Road was worth watching...

Anyway, back to Muslims and mosques an all that.
Sundae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2010, 08:26 AM   #4
Griff
still says videotape

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundae Girl View Post

Anyway, back to Muslims and mosques an all that.
I'd just as soon talk about Neverwhere as get into another hate fest. Good book. Lil' Pete's English teacher assigned M is for Magic to her class two years back.
Old 08-07-2010, 11:23 PM   #5
Pete Zicato
Turns out my CRS is a symptom of TMB.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Griff View Post
I'd just as soon talk about Neverwhere as get into another hate fest. Good book. Lil' Pete's English teacher assigned M is for Magic to her class two years back.
I can also recommend Gaiman's "The Graveyard Book". Mrs. Z got it for her tween students, but I got to read it before it went off to school. I liked the old-fashioned folk-tale feel to the story. The characters were memorable and the plot was well done.

Talk nerdy to me.
Pete Zicato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2010, 11:24 AM   #6
Griff
still says videotape

Will check that out.