The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Images > Image of the Day
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Image of the Day Images that will blow your mind - every day. [Blog] [RSS] [XML]

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-26-2009, 12:04 AM   #1
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

Nov 26, 2009: Plaid House

Not technically a plaid house, because all the dictionaries say plaid is a fabric, but it's painted to look like plaid, and that's close enough. :p

The headline reads, "Chav-tastic coat of paint for wacky artist's house turned into Burberry shrine". As I understand it, "chav", to the Brits, means low rent, thuggish, anti-social, distasteful, etc...
I couldn't disagree more! I think it's really cool, very difficult to do, and probably expensive. The colors are quite conservative and tasteful. I like it a lot.

Quote:
Once a symbol for all things chav, Burberry had successfully re-branded itself as one of the UK's most sophisticated fashion labels. But a Norwegian artist looks set to undo all of their hard work after painting the exterior of his house - a former public toilet - in the brand's signature check. Jens Werner, 33, covered the entire building in the famous beige, black and red tartan design. The re-painting of the building in Larvik took several weeks at a cost of thousands of pounds.
How in hell is this house going to, "undo all of their hard work"? I don't understand what the Mail online is all in a lather about?