The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Current Events
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Current Events Help understand the world by talking about things happening in it

Old 05-14-2004, 04:19 PM   #61
warch
lurkin old school

From Axis of logic website. This is weird:
Quote:
CBS News revealed yesterday that the young man had been on the FBI’s books for at least two years. In 2002, he was interviewed as part of the investigations in the September 11 terror attacks, over the fact his computer password had been used by alleged al-Qaeda terrorist Zaccarias Moussaoui. According to Berg’s family, the FBI was reportedly satisfied the password was obtained during a brief encounter on a bus, when Nick Berg had allowed Moussaoui to use his computer.

On March 7, the pro-Bush website FreeRepublic.com published a list of “enemies” who were opposing the US occupation of Iraq. Among the names, taken from a public list of people who had endorsed a planned March 20 antiwar demonstration on the website of the group ANSWER, was Michael Berg—Nick’s father—and the name of the Berg family company. Such information would be entered into the databases of US intelligence agencies as well.

Berg was seized on March 24, within one week of returning to Iraq, and held incommunicado without charges in a Mosul prison for unspecified “suspicious activities.” His parents in Philadelphia were visited by the FBI on March 31 and asked why their son was in Iraq. Berg reported being interviewed at least three times during his detention by FBI agents and asked whether he had constructed pipe bombs or had visited Iran. He was released on April 6 only after his family filed a federal court case against the US government the day before for illegal imprisonment.
Why was he in Iraq?
warch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2004, 04:30 PM   #62
warch
lurkin old school

Here is another article that looks at the wierdnesses: http://www.chronwatch.com/content/co...y.asp?aid=7391by Ira Simmons
warch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2004, 01:28 PM   #63
OnyxCougar
Junior Master Dwellar

I was talking to a coworker, who has looked over and over at the tape, and notes that the guy that actually cuts "Bergs" throat is wearing a wedding ring, which is against islamic beliefs, and there are more discrepancies than the 11 hours one mentioned here. There is also a switch from regular time to 24hours "military" time, between the cutting of the throat and the sawing off of the head. Also, the guy's hand appear to be lighter in color than one might expect from an Arab (inconclusive) and also, they appear kinda portly for terrorists. He also mentioned that the weapons they were holding appeared to be israeli in origin, not what they generally have used.

Now, I don't know about all this, I haven't seen the tape (don't want to), but that's what he says.

Also, taking this theory a little further, have we recovered Berg's body? How do we know it's Berg's body and not "a" body? Because the gov't said so? What if Berg is in collusion with the terrorists in question and wants to appear to be dead? What a great way to go out. In front of the world. I don't know anything about the funeral, but was it open casket? Do we have the head back?

This just smells of conspiracy and lies. But then, that isnt surprising.

Last edited by OnyxCougar; 05-16-2004 at 01:30 PM.
OnyxCougar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2004, 01:30 PM   #64
DanaC
We have to go back, Kate!

Something doesnt seem right thats for sure.
Having said that . Berg's family have been very critical of the government and they seem genuinely to be the bereaved family of a decapitated man
DanaC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2004, 07:06 PM   #65
Spivey
Pithy Euphemist

Thumbs down

This must be another CIA sponsored forum operated out of Langley VA.
Spivey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2004, 07:08 PM   #66
Spivey
Pithy Euphemist

Berg Beheading Was A Sacrifice To The House Of Reptilian Satanism!

I contend that Berg was an innocent patsy, who went out to Iraq to work. He went to the middle east taking huge risks as he did so, and that must have been obvious to him before he went there. He passed from US army arrest to the ¥opposition¥ instantaneously as he father observes! Very convenient!

Consider who gains from his death.

The USA is on the back foot at present taking deserved abuse from the world at large. The war in Iraq is illegal, and the real cause is a wish to take over the land for access to ancient sites. There are many old sites in Iraq, and they were the FIRST things America seized and secured when they went into Iraq. They kicked out the locals and archaeologists working there and built walls round them all. WMD’s were a smoke screen! The oil was a minor consideration!

The CIA killed Berg as it does anyone who crosses it, or as in this case, when a murder serves their purposes. Outrage a comatose US public by committing a gruesome murder on TV and try to swing public opinion behind Bush! That is what happened! The CIA/Mossad killed Berg. In most instances, they are indistinguishable one from the other.

But, when the Muslims do start really retaliating, which articles like those on abuse of prisoners in jail will do, it will stir them to and then you can watch out.

http://www.wiolawapress.com/berg.htm
Old 05-16-2004, 07:12 PM   #67
DanaC
We have to go back, Kate!

I must be missing a trick tonight. Why would the US want access to ancient sites in Iraq?
DanaC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2004, 08:38 PM   #68
Undertoad
Radical Centrist

Sorry Spivey, if you are a real user, posting a long message with a link on your second post makes you a suspected spammer, no bias involved.
Undertoad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2004, 08:49 PM   #69
Clodfobble
UNDER CONDITIONAL MITIGATION

Especially when it apparently took him only two minutes to type all that up... need some ice to cool down those fingers?
Clodfobble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2004, 10:10 PM   #70
OnyxCougar
Junior Master Dwellar

I thought this was interesting. From Colin Powell...

Quote:
From CNN (emphasis mine)

The Arab world should be showing "a higher level of outrage" over the death of an American businessman whose beheading was posted on an Islamist Web site last week, U.S. Secretary of State Colin Powell said Sunday.

"There's no excuse for silence on this kind of murder," Powell told NBC's "Meet the Press."

"I would like to have seen a much higher level of outrage throughout the world, but especially in the Arab world, to this murder," he said.

"What we saw with this horrible, horrible, horrible, horrible murder should be deplored throughout the Arab world."
More fuel for the consipracy theorists.
Old 05-16-2004, 10:11 PM   #71
Crimson Ghost
Larger than life and twice as ugly.

OnyxCougar,
If you were to view the tape (I understand you don't want to. Fully understandable. It's a rough view.), you might think that "Berg"'s head doesn't quite look right. Almost like a "cut and paste" (excuse the expression) job, or, possibly a mask.
Your co-worker is right. As far as I know, wedding rings are not part of the Islamic culture.
"There is also a switch from regular time to 24hours "military" time, between the cutting of the throat and the sawing off of the head." - Yup, that's what caught my eye, the quite sudden jump in the timestamp, especially in the middle of an action like that.
"they appear kinda portly for terrorists." - could be baggy clothes, could be layered over a bullet-proof vest, or they could honestly be fat pieces of shit. (I vote for the third option.)
As per the body, I don't know what was done. I know that an open casket could be done, depending on the condition of the remains upon return to the States. Morticians wax does wonders.
As per DanaC: "Berg's family have been very critical of the government and they seem genuinely to be the bereaved family of a decapitated man." - I have no doubt in my mind that the Berg family belives that Nick was murdered in cold blood. That is what they are being told. He's on the other side of the world. They would have no way of proving it's not him, either.
But, if the FBI/CIA wanted someone to "disappear", what better way than to have a tape of the person being slaughtered? The question then comes up, why did he need to "disappear"? The answers may only bring up more questions.............

I have no knowledge of the events which you are describing, and if I did have knowledge of them,
I would be unable to discuss them with you now or at any future period.

Don't waste your time always searching for those wasted years
Crimson Ghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2004, 10:37 PM   #72
plthijinx
Master Dwellar

hell. he could've been CIA for all we know. about the wedding ring and all......if it's a cover up then the pieces were poorly put together. i think he may have been CIA.
Old 05-16-2004, 10:41 PM   #73
OnyxCougar
Junior Master Dwellar

In response to Crimson's Sig;

First: Psalms are not rules. They are songs/poetry written by various people.
Second: When you read the WHOLE psalm, the context changes.

Quote:
Psalm 137
137:1 By the rivers of Babylon, there we sat down.
Yes, we wept, when we remembered Zion.
137:2 On the willows in its midst, we hung up our harps.
137:3 For there, those who led us captive asked us for songs.
Those who tormented us demanded songs of joy:
“Sing us one of the songs of Zion!”
137:4 How can we sing Yahweh’s song in a foreign land?
137:5 If I forget you, Jerusalem, let my right hand forget its skill.
137:6 Let my tongue stick to the roof of my mouth if I don’t remember you; if I don’t prefer Jerusalem above my chief joy.
137:7 Remember, Yahweh, against the children of Edom,
the day of Jerusalem; who said, “Raze it! Raze it even to its foundation!”
137:8 Daughter of Babylon, doomed to destruction,
he will be happy who rewards you, as you have served us.
137:9 Happy shall he be,
who takes and dashes your little ones against the rock.
Only posted for clarification. If you're going to sound bite from the bible, at least be in the correct context.

**This post is not intended to convert anyone to Christianity or for purposes of evil.
Old 05-16-2004, 11:02 PM   #74
Crimson Ghost
Larger than life and twice as ugly.

No problem.

Didn't mean to insult anyone.

If you were insulted, please send all correspondence to:

John Doe
123 Main St.
Anytown, USA
12345-6789

Thank you for calling.

I have no knowledge of the events which you are describing, and if I did have knowledge of them,
I would be unable to discuss them with you now or at any future period.

Don't waste your time always searching for those wasted years
Crimson Ghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2004, 12:12 AM   #75
Spivey
Pithy Euphemist

Rumsfeld and Myers went to Iraq to get Nick Bergs head!
They are bringing it back to Yale to place it on the sacred altar next to Geronimo's. Such an important task could only be entrusted to such senior officials, President Bush will be going to the Yale campus within two weeks to attend the ceremony at the tomb of skull and bones. Mark this down, watch the news bush will be on the Yale campus within two weeks.