The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Cellar-related > Archives > The Sycamore Manifestos

The Sycamore Manifestos Random Acts of Senseless Coherence [Blog view]

Old 01-27-2003, 05:34 AM   #1
elSicomoro
Person who doesn't update the user title

SC: Damn! It's cold out!

It's been rather cold here in Philadelphia since October, and particularly cold over the past 3 weeks. Up at NE Phila. Airport right now, it's 13 F, with a wind chill of -2. That's where I have to catch my bus at 7:30, so I better bundle up when trudging up there.

I could always hop on the 20 bus up to Academy Rd...nah. I need the exercise...pimpin accessories will save the day.

I love the cold...this summer was ridiculously hot (and my electric bills prove it). In addition, it kills off all those allergies that make me miserable during the fall. And if you don't feel warm enough, you can always put on extra layers. I myself run with 4 (t-shirt, shirt, scarf, heavy coat).

But as I've mentioned previously, this city is rather windy. And that wind is what makes the cold suck ass. It's at 13 MPH from the NNW at the moment, but it was even worse at times last week. And go figure...I walk in a NW direction up to the bus stop...fuck.

It's supposed to warm up tomorrow...to 30. And it was about that over the weekend, with no wind. Thank God...it actually felt nice out.

Now if you'll excuse me, I need to start my popsycle prevention process.