The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Relationships

Relationships People who need people; or, why can't we all just get along?

Old 09-14-2019, 11:15 PM   #1
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

Bad News for Ladies

Bad news in the Journal of Marriage and Family.

Quote:
Objective
This article provides an assessment of whether unmarried women currently face demographic shortages of marital partners in the U.S. marriage market.
Results
These synthetic husbands have an average income that is about 58% higher than the actual unmarried men that are currently available to unmarried women. They also are 30% more likely to be employed (90% vs. 70%) and 19% more likely to have a college degree (30% vs. 25%). Racial and ethnic minorities, especially Black women, face serious shortages of potential marital partners, as do low socioeconomic status and high socioeconomic status unmarried women, both at the national and subnational levels.
Conclusions
This study reveals large deficits in the supply of potential male spouses. One implication is that the unmarried may remain unmarried or marry less well‐suited partners.
Ladies, tell your congress critters to outlaw gay marriage so you'll have a better chance. They may not be "well-suited" but better looking, better employed, better educated, and probably cleaner.
Old 09-15-2019, 09:01 AM   #2
Undertoad
Radical Centrist

I saw this item, follow me here and I will translate:

Women are now graduating college at higher rates, medical school at higher rates, law school at higher rates, and are making more money out of college...

So, women have been slowly succeeding more each year in the past few decades, and men have been slowly failing, such that women are now making more money early in careers...

~ ~ ~ BUT ~ ~ ~

Modern social science is drastically identitarian and they can't describe this condition as women succeeding - SO they worked out how to describe this as !!! BaD fOr WoMeN !!! -- because their potential marital partners are making less!

Undertoad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2019, 09:34 AM   #3
captainhook455
Rapscallion

I would want my wife to make more money than I. Lots more so when we got divorced she would have to pay me alimony.

Sent from my moto e5 supra using Tapatalk
captainhook455 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2019, 11:54 AM   #4
Griff
still says videotape

Quote:
Originally Posted by Undertoad View Post
I saw this item, follow me here and I will translate:

Women are now graduating college at higher rates, medical school at higher rates, law school at higher rates, and are making more money out of college...

So, women have been slowly succeeding more each year in the past few decades, and men have been slowly failing, such that women are now making more money early in careers...

~ ~ ~ BUT ~ ~ ~

Modern social science is drastically identitarian and they can't describe this condition as women succeeding - SO they worked out how to describe this as !!! BaD fOr WoMeN !!! -- because their potential marital partners are making less!

This is true. The idea that a woman needs this high flying mate seems to me to be pretty sexist. I know a dude married to a program manager for a major corporation who has assumed the role of house husband. They are both happy with the arrangement. Pete makes more than me as well, which makes me a feminist I suppose.
Old 09-15-2019, 01:23 PM   #5
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

All the good ones are taken.