The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Health
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Health Keeping your body well enough to support your head

Old 05-30-2011, 12:57 AM   #46
Bullitt
This is a fully functional babe lair

Didn't make it into this thread till just now.. really sorry to hear about all this MTP, but you seem to have awesome attitude about it all. Stay strong
Old 05-31-2011, 12:44 PM   #47
Spexxvet
Makes some feel uncomfortable

Quote:
Originally Posted by morethanpretty View Post
Healing like a crazy badass heal machine!

Wait, what's that lower than your incision? No, lower. A liiiiiiiiiiittle lower. Yeah, I need to see them
Old 08-05-2011, 08:20 PM   #48
morethanpretty
Thats "Miss Zipper Neck" to you.

This is a 5minute problem as my mom says, but in my present state, it feels so much worse. So I get to the doc today, expecting them to take my blood work, to talk to the endocrinologist for a bit and then to be sent over for the radio-iodine. Well, there was some sort of mix-up or misunderstanding. I did not get scheduled for the radio-iodine. So I took 2 days off work, used my sick leave, and I'm not even having the damn treatment like I thought. Its too late to correct the work issue. I am going back to work tomorrow, but that means I have to work in my present state which is....unstable to say the least and I'm so fatigued most of the time I'm in physical pain. I have to work both Saturday and Sunday in this state, probably with the two coaches I like the least. I did complain last week to my boss about my issues with them and he agreed that they were legit and he'd talk to them. Hopefully he actually did, and hopefully they'll have improved. The hospital does not keep the medicine on site, so there was no way my doc could swing getting it for me today. I did cry at the doc's although I was trying not to, and he felt really bad. He is honestly an awesome doctor and took all the blame for the mix up, but I can't help but feel that it was somehow my fault. He told me I needed therapy for feeling that way, lol. So....he was able to pull some strings and get the radio-iodine for me for Monday. Usually I have Tues off work, so I'll take Monday (use yet another day of my very few sick days) and Tues and then go back to work on Wed. Also I get to restart my thyroid meds again, and I get to start on synthroid. Up until now I've been on just cytomel which is a form of the thyroid med that works quicker than synthroid but is less stable. So after my radio-iodine treatment, I will start on BOTH cytomel (for short-term help) and synthroid and then after a couple of weeks when the synthroid has had time to work its way into my system, then I can drop the cytomel.
My bro-in-law mentioned something about a program or something that you can get onto when you're having health issues and end up having to call in sick a lot. Its so that your work can't fire you for attendance issues. I don't remember what he called it and I'm too shy to ask him about it. If you know what I'm talking about, I would appreciate some more information, I honestly drag myself to work most of the time, but there are days....if I could get into a program like that, it would help my stress a lot I think, even if I have to take off sick without pay, at least I know I won't get fired over it. I don't think I deserve to get fired and my present health isn't something I can really help, ya know?

Some good news:
You get to see my face! My scar is not nearly as impressive as it was in the last pic....and Della just fell off the bed trying to dig herself a bed or bury her bone in the sheets, I'm not really sure, but she was doing that digging motion and backing up and then PLOP on the floor she was! LOL!

My parents came over and my mom helped me cook some things for the weekend (I have to have a special diet before I take the meds and mostly I just haven't been eating.) We cooked some steak, some hamburgers (although I can't have bread or cheese so I'll have to eat them plain) and cut up some veggies. So that will help me get through the weekend.
My parents also were kind enough to pick my car up from the shop and bring it to me, it hasn't been completely tested by me and I'm not sure they drove it long enough to know for sure but I'm crossing my fingers that its fixed. It has been overheating AS I'm driving, after about 30-45min of driving. The thermostat had been replaced and the coolant flushed and that had not fixed it, so took to a shop that has worked on my mom's cars in the past and they decided the radiator was restricted and replaced that. $300 about for parts and labor but it could have been worse.
Oh, and Della can't sleep/cuddle with me or lick me or my plates clean on Monday or Tues. I was gonna send her over to a friend's for the time, but my sister agreed to let her sleep with them that night IF I give her a bath first (even though she's usually pretty clean and unsmelly), which is a big deal for my sis to let a dog sleep in her bed. So, I'm happy about that, and I think my bro-in-law will be super excited, he loves dogs so much and Lexie never got to sleep WITH them, usually not even in the same room because of her coughing. Today he worked a half day and while I napped she hung out with him, and I think that helps him feel better too, to just have a dog around he can spend time with.
Well, long post, I don't think I forgot anything.
Old 08-05-2011, 09:39 PM   #49
Lola Bunny
Junior Master Dwellar

Good luck with everything, MTP! Sorry that you had to and have to go through so much problems. Hang in there because the radio iodine treatment is going to back you feel like sh*t.
Lola Bunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2011, 11:16 PM   #50
Pico and ME
Are you knock-kneed?

FMLA!

Definitely do it.
Pico and ME is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2011, 03:15 PM   #51
Pete Zicato
Turns out my CRS is a symptom of TMB.

It's always something when dealing with doctors. I hope you get everything worked out.

Talk nerdy to me.
Pete Zicato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2011, 08:37 PM   #52
monster
I hear them call the tide

Hope it all went OK, hang in there....