The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Health
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Health Keeping your body well enough to support your head

Old 05-01-2008, 04:16 PM   #1
Trilby
Slattern of the Swail

Unfathomable Doc Decisions...

I had been taking regular Ambien for sleep lo these many months. Lately, I found myself waking up at 2am and not being able to get back to sleep despite the ambien. My doc tried to get Ambien CR for me but my (all knowing, all wise) insurance co. said, "No go on that one, skippy," so guess what my doctor did?

He prescribed a LIGHTER dose sleeping med for me---Rozerem.

Now, I ask you: if Ambien isn't working all night for me, how in fuckfuckety fuck-fuck is a LIGHTER one supposed to be any help at all?

I am beginning to hate all doctors, all purveyors of the forbidden plants and all ins. co. dildos.

can you tell I need my sleep?
In Barrie's play and novel, the roles of fairies are brief: they are allies to the Lost Boys, the source of fairy dust and ...They are portrayed as dangerous, whimsical and extremely clever but quite hedonistic.

"Shall I give you a kiss?" Peter asked and, jerking an acorn button off his coat, solemnly presented it to her.
—James Barrie

Wimminfolk they be tricksy. - ZenGum
Trilby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2008, 04:36 PM   #2
monster
I hear them call the tide

Is it the same drug? maybe he's thinking "a change is as good as a rest"?
Old 05-01-2008, 04:37 PM   #3
classicman
barely disguised asshole, keeper of all that is holy.

I was on Ambien too and was still waking up every couple hours too! ALL effin night. This has been going on for well over a month now... Heck the bags under my eyes now have bags. My doc gave me trazodone 50mg - Holy crap - I went to bed 1st night at 11-ish - didn't wake up till 8:30 - I'm usually AT work by 8:00. 2nd night, slept pretty good too.
The thing is - When I went to pick this up , my insurance had changed and I didn't have my new card with me so I had to pay the full price - ready for this??? $8.00 Thats eight dollars total! thats less than my friggin co-pay.
Old 05-01-2008, 04:40 PM   #4
Trilby
Slattern of the Swail

yeah, I'm taking trazodone, too. I've been on some insomniacs chat sites and most people say rozerem takes 2-4 WEEKS to begin working.

GAH! blasted!
In Barrie's play and novel, the roles of fairies are brief: they are allies to the Lost Boys, the source of fairy dust and ...They are portrayed as dangerous, whimsical and extremely clever but quite hedonistic.

"Shall I give you a kiss?" Peter asked and, jerking an acorn button off his coat, solemnly presented it to her.
—James Barrie

Old 05-01-2008, 04:58 PM   #5
Sundae
polaroid of perfection

What type of drug is it? Many sleeping tablets stop working after a certain amount of time because the body adjusts to them. In some cases drugs can aggravate the original symptoms until the patient becomes locked in a vicious cycle of taking more and more drugs to get less and less effect.

Now I know it's not what you want to hear, but I suggest the best bet is to cut out all sleeping tablets altogether. Go cold turkey and let your body establish it's own natural pattern. If you are a true insomniac then nothing will really help you anyway. If you're not, then at some point your body will have to assert a natural pattern in order for you to survive.

I'm talking as someone who has had sleeping problems since I was a child, and have had weeks at a time where I'm awake until the sun came up, desperate and distressed and only wanting what other people get naturally. And I do know all about 3 in the morning thoughts.

But having come through it a few times I recommend it. It might be your only option so why not embrace it?
Old 05-01-2008, 05:21 PM   #6
Cloud

different formulations may work on different people; it's worth a shot.
Old 05-01-2008, 07:26 PM   #7
SteveDallas
Your Bartender

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brianna View Post
all ins. co. dildos.
I didn't know insurance companies issued those.

OTOH maybe that would help you get to sleep.

Seriously... that sucks. I've been known to have insomnia trips myself, and it's no fun. (Mine usually go away after a while though.)
SteveDallas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2008, 07:28 PM   #8
Trilby
Slattern of the Swail

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveDallas View Post
I didn't know insurance companies issued those.
yeah, they do but they are really, really tiny and the battery is set to run out just before....well, you know

—James Barrie

Old 05-01-2008, 08:03 PM   #9
jinx
Come on, cat.

I was just looking at info on this stuff the other night. Ambien is supposed to be for short term use (7-10 days). Rozerem is non habit forming and can be used for longer. Maybe that's the issue your ins co is having.

Have you tried some good old-fashioned benedryl? I like the grape flavored chewables myself....
Old 05-01-2008, 08:50 PM   #10
Trilby
Slattern of the Swail

benadryl keeps me wired.

I'll just keep using the trazodone. 200mg seems to work if I'm not hot-flashing all night long.

—James Barrie

Old 05-02-2008, 12:32 AM   #11
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

If you can't sleep, you haven't had enough orgasms.
Old 05-02-2008, 05:35 AM   #12
Trilby
Slattern of the Swail

are you volunteering, bruce?

—James Barrie

Old 05-02-2008, 09:30 AM   #13
lookout123
changed his status to single

i've taken both rozarem and ambien cr at times. rozarem is more gooder if you ask me. it didn't take 2 weeks to start working, it took 40 minutes. that is after i had been on ambien nightly for some time. it doesn't just knock you out like ambien, though. it makes you feel sleepy so you can fall asleep like you would without popping a pill instead of passing out.
Old 05-02-2008, 02:30 PM   #14
classicman
barely disguised asshole, keeper of all that is holy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brianna View Post
benadryl keeps me wired.

I'll just keep using the trazodone. 200mg seems to work if I'm not hot-flashing all night long.
Holy crap - I'm only taking 50. Maybe I'll double up... hmmm
Old 05-06-2008, 02:19 AM   #15
Agent-G
Candy is dandy, but liquor is quicker

those trazodone are like horse tranqullizer sized. Atleast the larger mg ones are.

Its easy for the body to build a resistance toward sleeping pills. Especially if you are taking 200 mg of trazodone. If you are taking the trazodone that are shaped like a parallelagram, thats hard work for ambian to compete against.
It seems like too many people are on that ambian now a day. I had it for a little while, but it is a stange medication. If you take it and dont go to sleep right away, it can make your confused. My head would get all confused if I didnt go to sleep right away on it.

I tried going to natural route and just taking melatonin. Its a natural sleeping agent found in your body anyway that aids in sleep. Apparently it is activated by darkness. It doesnt work all the time. If you take it too frequently your body will build a resistance to it also, but if you used is sparingly, the sleep feels great and you dont wake up groggy afterwards.
Agent-G is offline   Reply With Quote