The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Arts & Entertainment
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Arts & Entertainment Give meaning to your life or distract you from it for a while

Old 02-11-2003, 07:26 PM   #1
Cam
dripping with ignorance

TMNT

I was surfing amazon looking for a good Linux book when I stumbled acorss this amazing collection of toys. TMNT
I had no idea they were coming back into production. I'm seriously considering ordering the 4 turtles, they had such an impact on my younger years.
Old 02-11-2003, 07:36 PM   #2
elSicomoro
Person who doesn't update the user title

My brother was a huge fan of them as a kid too (you're a week older than him).

Shit, for that matter, I dug 'em too. I didn't collect the figures, but I did watch the cartoon. (For that matter, I watched cartoons after school until the end of high school...Animaniacs were by far the best, IMO.)

I came in on the tail end of The Empire Strikes Back and was pretty big into Voltron and TransFormers...those were the days.

Now you'll excuse me as I use my walker here to head down to the all you can eat cafeteria...
elSicomoro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2003, 08:00 PM   #3
perth
Strong Silent Type

official homepage

its been a while since ive spent any time there, but i think you can read the first issue of tmnt there (violent with mature themes, much better than the cartoon) and read about the inception of the characters.

syc, liking transformers and voltron doesnt make you old, drinking malt beverages makes you old.

what about the thundercats?

~james

(couldnt find a decent link for voltron)
perth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2003, 08:06 PM   #4
elSicomoro

I keep it light on the malt beverages...truth be told, I haven't drank in a while...except for the occasional sips of Penn Dutch Egg Nog.

It's still hard for me to understand that my brother will be 21 in September, and that kids his age are now juniors in college (if they're going the standard 4 year route).
Old 02-11-2003, 09:25 PM   #5
Cam
dripping with ignorance

I'm the oldest and I'm having a hell of a time fathoming my brother graduating from High school this may, going to be odd to come home and only have one brother around the house. One of my friends mentioned that in 10 years we'll be 30, I don't know quite why that gets to me but damn it makes me feel old. . Lol no offense to the 30 year olds out there either.
Old 02-11-2003, 10:22 PM   #6
Elspode
When Do I Get Virtual Unreality?

Quote:
Originally posted by Cam
I don't know quite why that gets to me but damn it makes me feel old. . Lol no offense to the 30 year olds out there either.
Okay, but us 46 year olds are gonna be pretty damn offended!
Old 02-12-2003, 12:03 AM   #7
Cam
dripping with ignorance

Crap I just can't win.
Old 02-12-2003, 01:02 AM   #8
wolf
lobber of scimitars

Reading all about TMNT and Voltron and Transformers and stuff ...

I found myself thinking of The Banana Splits, and the Monkees, Ultraman, and Batman ...

And to top it all off ... tonight at work ... one of my dept's supervisors noticed that one of the ambulance crew members calls me "Momma."

Supervisor asked why ... I said, "It's because I'm old enough to be his. He's called me that since he started here."

You know what my damn little bastard pretend-child said?? "No, it's because she's OLDER than my mother."

"Why you little ...!!!"

Moments like this are why they DON'T let me carry at work.

Ah well. I guess I should start filling out that application for Golden Age Manor. I understand they have ID anklets that set off an alarm if you try to leave your assigned area. (Kind of like anti-theft tags for old people).

We'll I'd do that, except I forgot where I left my pen, and I can't seem to find mah reading glasses. I KNOW I just had them ...

"Conspiracies are the norm, not the exception." --G. Edward Griffin The Creature from Jekyll Island

High Priestess of the Church of the Whale Penis
wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2003, 08:09 AM   #9
Dagney
The Prodigal Brat Returneth

Quote:
Originally posted by wolf

We'll I'd do that, except I forgot where I left my pen, and I can't seem to find mah reading glasses. I KNOW I just had them ...
Perhaps behind your ear and on your head respectively?

*ducking*

Dagney

(who's feeling her age this mornin)

Dagney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2003, 09:43 AM   #10
wolf
lobber of scimitars

Holy Crap!!

Do you have a camera in here ... BRIAN!!!!

Is that what you were doing on that longer than customary bathroom trip last time you were here ...

"Conspiracies are the norm, not the exception." --G. Edward Griffin The Creature from Jekyll Island

Old 02-12-2003, 10:18 AM   #11
Dagney
The Prodigal Brat Returneth

Quote:
Originally posted by wolf
Holy Crap!!

Do you have a camera in here ... BRIAN!!!!

Is that what you were doing on that longer than customary bathroom trip last time you were here ...

Natch....I'm just that darn good

Although I wouldn't put it past him to do sumfin sneaky...he IS sly like that....(part of his adorable charm *G*)

Dags

Who won't mention anything about what else she may have seen

Dagney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2003, 07:04 PM   #12
elSicomoro

Quote:
Originally posted by Elspode
Okay, but us 46 year olds are gonna be pretty damn offended!
Especially 46 year old moog geeks.
Old 02-14-2003, 03:22 AM   #13
Uryoces
2nd Covenant, yo

Quote:
Originally posted by perth
what about the thundercats?
Mmm. Cheetara. I use to watch the Thundercats for her. Who's this dick with the sword! I wanna see more of the hot, self-assured chick with the staff!!!

Cartoon Network had been running it, and I'm now twice as old as I was [a respectible 34 this Feb 19th], and I can only watch it for about 30 seconds before turning the channel...
Uryoces is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2003, 12:00 PM   #14
j03L10T
going nowhere slow

Quote:
Originally posted by Uryoces
Who's this dick with the sword!
Umm, 'sight within sight' wasn't exactly the first of many quotes to come forth from these lips. Forgive me if I offended anyone for merely telling the truth. Thank you for asking. I've been doing more productive things with my life lately and still have much more work to do before I am satisfied that I have performed at my absolute best, but if you can't handle the simple truth of my anything but dull reality then please don't ever ask me to tell the truth about it all. Thank you! It's ALL true, especially the part about the DICK with the sword. I don't know you by that name, but you do ask some very good questions.
Old 02-23-2003, 01:07 PM   #15
wolf
lobber of scimitars

he just shows up in the darndest places, doesn't he?