The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Nothingland
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Nothingland Something about nothing - game threads, diversions, time-wasters

Old 11-14-2011, 09:44 AM   #3976
footfootfoot
To shreds, you say?

Location: in the house and on the street-how many, many feet we meet!
Quote:
Originally Posted by monster View Post
eczema around my eyes and on my eyelids. it's getting worse and you're not supposed to used steroid cream there, but it itches like fuck and the skin is so sensitive it swells up at the first hint of outbreak
What is it with you English and eczema?

Quote:
Epidemiology

The lifetime clinician-recorded prevalence of eczema has been seen to peak in infancy, with female predominance of eczema presentations occurring during the reproductive period of 15–49 years.[61] Although little data on the trend of eczema prevalence over time exists prior to the Second World War (1939–45), the prevalence of eczema has been found to have increased substantially in the latter half of the 20th Century, with eczema in school-aged children being found to increase between the late 1940s and 2000.[62] A review of epidemiological data in the UK has also found an inexorable rise in the prevalence of eczema over time.[63] Further recent increases in the incidence and lifetime prevalence of eczema in England have also been reported, such that an estimated 5,773,700 or about one in every nine people have been diagnosed with the disease by a clinician at some point in their lives.[4]
[edit]
Old 11-14-2011, 09:49 AM   #3977
monster
I hear them call the tide

i don't know but I want it to go away if I become 'merkin will it disappear? Mildly irritating is no longer the appropriate category. My hands are all flared up too and I have loads of housework to do. and typing.
Old 11-14-2011, 09:52 AM   #3978
infinite monkey
Person who doesn't update the user title

Merkins don't get excema. This one doesn't. Just angioedema so my hands and feet can swell and itch until I rip holes in the skin trying to get relief.

No skin condition is any fun at all.
infinite monkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2011, 10:02 AM   #3979
monster

sorry, I'm whining. onwards!
Old 11-14-2011, 10:12 AM   #3980
infinite monkey

Not whining.

#winning
Old 11-15-2011, 09:42 AM   #3981
infinite monkey

Creepy McCreepalot.
Old 11-15-2011, 09:58 AM   #3982
Nirvana
Back in 10

Have you tried colloidal silver Monster? You can get it in a spray and I bet that would feel good on itchy inflamed skin. I have used it on poison ivy. You can also take it orally for an immune boost.

LINK
Old 11-15-2011, 08:55 PM   #3983
monster

um no, Never heard of it in this context. Kinda scares me. But I will do a bit of research, thanks. My main concern would be drying effect. My skin is dry and needs moisture, and the poison ivy I've seen looks swollen and angry like drying would help. And it kinda sounds weird. But I'll check it out
Old 11-15-2011, 10:06 PM   #3984
footfootfoot
To shreds, you say?

Awesome! you could get all druid and shit if you come down with Argyria
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Argyria

Even better, do an image search for the term! Or not.
Old 11-16-2011, 07:48 AM   #3985
infinite monkey

Silver sulfadiazine is good for burns. I got some when I had a job where I burned my arm off every other week. It's like miracle stuff.
Old 11-16-2011, 07:53 AM   #3986
Spexxvet
Makes some feel uncomfortable

It's "would have gone", not "would have went". People on the radio and tv should know better.
Old 11-16-2011, 07:54 AM   #3987
infinite monkey

I seen what you said there.

I know, Spexx. I cringe daily.

How about when they spend time writing, casting, and filming an ad? Around here it's usually the JOLLERS (jewelers) who muck them up. A local radio 'personality' does a commercial: Do you want quality service and great prices? At James Free jewelers, you will!

Apparently if you go to James Free you'll be in want of quality service and great prices. Who wrote that shit? Why didn't someone along the line say 'that's fucked up, dude.'

I was paraphrasing, but you get the point.

It's like G-dub now has a job writing radio commercials. Ba DUM dum.
Old 11-16-2011, 11:12 AM   #3988
glatt

The IRS is irritating me today.

We have this program here where you can take your pay pre-tax and put some on a fare card so that you can commute to work. It's a nice benefit and it promotes using public transportation. The IRS changed the rules of the program for 2012 so that your fund balance on your card doesn't carry over from month to month. So if I put $300 of my money on my card, and I get sick or take a vacation so I miss a few weeks of work, I'll forfeit MY money that I didn't use by the end of the month. It seems really unfair. I think many people won't realize what is happening with this rule until that first month where they lose a couple hundred bucks, and then this program will die as everyone drops out in droves.

It's kind of like the medical cafeteria plan out there, but with that, you have a year to spend all the money. That's reasonable. I'd be fine with a year. But a month is crazy. It's almost like they are trying to kill this program without actually killing it.
glatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2011, 01:17 PM   #3989
footfootfoot
To shreds, you say?

Never underestimate the stupidity of people in decision making positions.

It's only a few more years before the IRS starts hiring thugs to just shake you down on payday as you leave the office.

Yo! Gimme your lunch money AND your trainfare, bitch.
Old 11-16-2011, 01:47 PM   #3990
Rhianne
Nearly done.

First of the year - and it never fails to irritate me. I had to scrape ice from my car windows this morning.
Rhianne is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
mild cheddar