The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Current Events
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Current Events Help understand the world by talking about things happening in it

Old 12-11-2004, 07:36 PM   #1
tw
Read? I only know how to write.

Position Misty for Me

Many centrist lawmakers have complained about money wasted in the name of "war on terrorism". Misty is a classic example. Hyped is a need to hide satellites. Worry is that anyone can know when the suvellience satellites are overhead. So a second generation Misty satellite is in orbit hopefully hiding among space debris. Even amatuer satellite trackers know where that bird is. Every rocket launch is known. But intelligence services are now into a third generation 'stealth' satellite.

Fine if stealth addresses a problem. But anyone with things worth hiding have long since buried them. Even a stealth satellite cannot identify what is happening inside mountains in North Korea - or even inside Cheyenne Mountain in CO. But this one stealth satellite has cost well over $10billion.

Again, many centrists in government have complained about gross mismanagement in "secret" government projects. We spend more money on these 'sneaky' projects than the entire defense budget of any other nation in the world. No one need ask what a stealth satellite does that other satellites do just fine.

Misty is a list topper. With a press that cannot report details (because details are not found in sound bytes), then the public typically only hears what extremists broadcast daily. Some of us are now so deviant as to listen daily to these liars. Extremists accuse the centrists of leaking secrets. They accuse the centrists of being anti-American. They accuse centrists of undermining the war on terrorism. What war on terrorism? Even that expression is a lie.

When the public out here does not bother to listen first and foremost to centrists, then extremists can spend money on whatever - without responsbility. Instead too many only hear the administration's claims that honest whistle blowers must be anti-American. Reality: anti-Americans are those who believe anything Rush Limbaugh says without multiple confirmations. Misty is a primary example. The lies that promote Misty alone should bring mist to the eyes of real American patriots - those who think rather than blindly follow lies about a "war on terrorism".

Money from Misty could have instead built a whole new intelligence network that already has spies in those underground facilities. But that means Americans must learn foreign languages. Better to spend money that comes without responsibility attached.

Last edited by tw; 12-11-2004 at 08:27 PM.
tw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2004, 12:07 PM   #2
richlevy
King Of Wishful Thinking

Well, it's nice that the government is trying, but I could have saved them the time. I have the latest generation of invisible satellite technology sitting on my backyard deck. It is completely transparent to all forms of radiation, including the visible spectrum of light. Due to a special 'phase shifting' material, you could walk right through it and not even know it. Of course, it's so perfect that only the most intelligent politicians and scientists can even discern its presence. I'd be willing to part with it for the bargain price of $100 million dollars.

You know, I can suddenly see the profit in having an adminstration that does not believe in looking for lessons from history or even literary classics, and that prioritizes obedience and a common voice over healthy dissent.

PS. I'm looking for Cellar members to add to the design team. Let me know.

PSS. TW, I was thinking all sorts of things when I opened this 'position Misty' link.
I have always believed that hope is that stubborn thing inside us that insists, despite all the evidence to the contrary, that something better awaits us so long as we have the courage to keep reaching, to keep working, to keep fighting. -- Barack Hussein Obama

Last edited by richlevy; 12-12-2004 at 12:11 PM.
richlevy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2004, 03:01 PM   #3
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

Quote:
What war on terrorism? Even that expression is a lie.
OK, OK....you're not buying that. Hmmm, in that case....it's for the children....think of the children.