FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Quality Images and Videos Post your own images and videos of your own days

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-31-2011, 11:31 AM   #1
Sundae
polaroid of perfection

English Seaside Resort

Great Yarmouth to be specific.

It's in Norfolk, and is on the extreme East of the country.
Norfolk has its etmology as North Folk, as opposed to Suffolk and along the same lines as Essex (East) Wessex (West - although only in comparison) and Sussex.

If you're looking at a map, go as far right as you can, then up a bit. You'll probably find Great Yarmouth.

Now, the only overseas seaside resorts I've been to have been colonised (not literally) by the British. This is about a working town, on the coast, in England, which also caters for holiday makers. And this is my personal spin, which is staying in a Holiday Camp about a mile out of town, called Vauxhall Holiday Park.

We first went when I was about 9 I think. Prior to that we stayed at boarding-houses, now called Bed & Breakfast (then known as Room & Board from the medieval phrase, when food was literally laid out on a board).

It's generally a good site, town is walkable, there's two BIG supermarkets in walking distance (the camp shop is small and expensive) and the things that are free are bloody good. There's a lot you have to pay for, and the extras would cost a fortune if you have demanding children. But then I guess if your children are demanding you'd spend a fortune anyway!

The indoor and outdoor pool are free, as is organised entertainment during the day and in the clubhouse in the evenings. And the Adventure Playground which has a fantastic zipwire. I envied. ETA there are free sports and activities for children during the day, and plenty of mini-playgrounds. We barely left those as children.

So. Time for some pics I guess.
I now wish I'd taken more, but I was in a bit of a sulk. My bad.

Pic one - one of the corridors in the complex. I think the ladies in front are going to swim, but they might be going to shower - I don't remember what time of day I took it.

Pic two - the Sports Bar. Air Hockey, Darts and Pool (all paid for) as well as a couple of fruit machines and sports on the TV. The quietest bar on the park, so we went there.
Attached Images

Last edited by Sundae; 07-31-2011 at 12:21 PM. Reason: Spelling
Sundae is offline   Reply With Quote