The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Politics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Politics Where we learn not to think less of others who don't share our views

Old 02-15-2016, 11:32 PM   #1
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

Charles Koch is Sad

A good explanation of how Trump has put the far right money in turmoil.
Quote:
"You’d think we could have more influence,” Charles Koch told the Financial Times last month over pulled-pork sandwiches at the staff commissary of Koch Industries in Wichita, Kansas. The wealthy industrialist and conservative impresario was giving a rare interview in support of his new book, but his disillusionment with the state of the Republican presidential race (and politics in general) was apparent.
In 2012, he and his younger brother, David Koch, raised approximately $400 million through their donor network with the primary goal of electing Mitt Romney—only to be outmaneuvered in the end by Barack Obama’s campaign.

During the intervening years, the Kochs’ political operatives studied what had gone wrong in 2012 and redoubled their efforts to ensure that the same fate would not befall them again. By the start of the 2016 election cycle, the brothers and their allies had pledged to raise nearly $900 million to elect Republicans, particularly whomever ends up facing Hillary Clinton—or, perhaps, Bernie Sanders—in the general election.
Old 02-16-2016, 09:18 AM   #2
Happy Monkey
I think this line's mostly filler.

They'll still going to be effective in local elections, which is where they do the most damage.
|_______________| [pics]
Happy Monkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2016, 11:51 AM   #3
tw
Read? I only know how to write.

Maybe Kochs don't get it. They used rhetoric and soundbytes to inspire the least educated among us. They recruited people who emotionally conclude based in "conservative verse liberal" rhetoric. Recruited people who look for facts to justify their emotions.

Trump has simply appropriated those people by using what the emotional need to 'know'. Trump uses insults - effectively. So does Cruz. Insults are proof that one has all the answers - when an adult thinks like a child.

Anyone who knows because, for example, they are "conservative" is a 'targeted market'. An adult spends long times learning facts. Conclusions come much later. Those are not Koch's 'targeted market'.

Donald Trump has simply commandeered people that Kochs recruited by using what less educated people understand - insults. Trump gets strongest support from young white males who only have a high school education - or less.

Those sad people are easily recruited using 'bogeymen' tactics. Israeli and many America wackos have evil Arabs, muslims, or ISIS. Putin is pushing the evil west. ISIS recruits using evil infidels. Religious extremist are told to hate abortionists and women liberationist. In every case, they are recruiting adults who are still children. Who use emotions to make conclusions. Recruits to Koch's propaganda are people that Trump has stolen.

So many are so emotional as to even buy power strip protectors. No facts justify them. But so many know only from their feelings. Yes, that many make decisions on emotions - not by learning facts.
tw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2016, 12:11 PM   #4
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

Quote:
Originally Posted by Happy Monkey View Post
They'll still going to be effective in local elections, which is where they do the most damage.
Absolutely, the presidential race is a dog & pony show, a distraction from the real power grab of governorships and congress. It's nice to have your puppet in the White House, but the power to control the country lies elsewhere.
Old 02-16-2016, 07:15 PM   #5
tw

Trump has thrown a new wrinkle in their campaign. He attacks Jeb Bush for George Jr's Mission Accomplished lies and the resulting harm to so many American servicemen. On this, he is quite accurate. More interesting, he is attacking using facts; less insults. And he is saying what so many extremists Republicans still refuse to admit.

He is attacking Jeb Bush on the record of his brother. And he is accurately stating what so many Republicans do not want to hear. Both are unprecedented - maybe risky. I say maybe because Trump made other risky statements and ends up profitting. Even as the Kochs and most other backroom power brokers hate what Trump says.
Old 02-16-2016, 08:34 PM   #6
Happy Monkey
I think this line's mostly filler.

I can never quite shake the feeling that Trump is doing this whole thing just to see what it would take to turn off his base. He's already proposed that publicly murdering someone wouldn't do it.
|_______________| [pics]
Happy Monkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2016, 06:19 PM   #7
tw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Happy Monkey View Post
He's already proposed that publicly murdering someone wouldn't do it.
Demonstrates who he is marketing to. Remember so many are so extremist as to believe torture is good. A damning question is, "How many are that wacko extremist?" Trump and Cruz demonstrate the number may be even much higher than we fear.

Remember, Zimbarto demonstrated how easily so many can be brainwashed. His experiment ordered people to ramp up voltages as someone screamed as if in pain in an adjacent room. Most of us are so easily brainwashed as to continue ramping up that voltage ONLY because we want to be told how to think.

Or view Guantanamo. How many so hate American principles as to want America to violate basic human rights. So many were so wacko extremists as to openly encourage extraordinary rendition of any non-American citizen anywhere in the world for any reason. IOW so many are so extremist as to approve of the kidnapping and torture of Sundae, DanaC, limey, monster, and Aliantha. George Jr said it is legal. So it must be legal.

What Trump says does not even make sense to Republican Party power brokers such as the Koch Bros. Yet there it is. He has successfully tapped a large market in the Republican party. It demonstrates how many entertain their emotions rather then first learn from reality.

Last edited by tw; 02-17-2016 at 06:25 PM.
Old 02-17-2016, 08:21 PM   #8
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

Quote:
Originally Posted by tw View Post
IOW so many are so extremist as to approve of the kidnapping and torture of Sundae, DanaC, limey, monster, and Aliantha.
Oh yes, let me do it, please, pretty please... wait, not monster, unfortunately she's an American citizen so not qualified, but I'd be glad to "torture" the rest, starting with a good tongue lashing.
Old 02-18-2016, 11:20 AM   #9
tw

Quote:
Originally Posted by xoxoxoBruce View Post
... but I'd be glad to "torture" the rest, starting with a good tongue lashing.
Your tongue is so long that you can whip people? Are you popular with the women?