The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Philosophy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Philosophy Religions, schools of thought, matters of importance and navel-gazing

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-24-2004, 12:18 AM   #1
Whit
Umm ... yeah.

Karma? Is it and if so what is it?

Quote:
Posted by Elspode on a thread far from here:
Am I the only one here who believes that what comes around, goes around?
      What an excellent question. I, for one, don't believe so. That's right I don't believe in karma, nor divine judgement. In my life I've not see the universal scales balance themselves to give anyone their what they deserve, good or bad. In fact, I've mostly found that the line "No good deed goes unpunished" is more accurate than Ep's quote above.
      Sound kind of bleak? It's not. Two things make the differnce to me, pride and principle. My principles make me pretty damn honest and protective of the weak, as well as preventing me from doing harm in all but self defense or defense of others. While pride locks me on to my principles with no room for error.
      Another thing that brightens my life, seeing decency and kindness in others. Especially when they don't believe they'll get anything from it other than self-satisfaction. It's beautiful to see in people. It does exist, even if it's not as common as it should be.

None of that is the point of this thread. I was hoping that many of you would share your views on the subject. That's the point of the thread. I just wanted to throw mine up for review before I asked anyone else to. So, tear up my veiws and/or give your own. Either way I'm good. Just don't stay silent, please, I'm really curious about this issue.