Go Back   The Cellar > Images > Quality Images and Videos
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Quality Images and Videos Post your own images and videos of your own days

Old 05-29-2002, 09:34 PM   #1
Nic Name
retired

FBI PowerPoint Presentation

Quote:
FBI Director Robert Mueller shuffles through charts as he explains the recently announced reorganization of the FBI at a meeting with reporters at the FBI building in Washington D.C., May 29, 2002. The FBI, under fire for missing clues that might have prevented the September 11 attacks, announced plans today to shift hundreds of law enforcement officials from traditional crime-fighting to concentrate on counter-terrorism activities. REUTERS/Win McNamee
One of the highlights of the news conference today was the part where he said that the FBI is going to hire somebody who knows something about computers.

That's got to be good news for the guys at SAIC. :whofarted
Nic Name is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2002, 01:25 AM   #2
juju
no one of consequence

So, according to Nightline, the director of the FBI wants to take agents away from other departments and move them into counterterrorism.

Here's the number of agents they want to take away from various departments:

Drugs - 400
White-collar crime -59
Violent crime - 59

Then I guess they'll train about 500 new agents, because they said they want to change their counterterrorism department from 1,078 agents to 2,100 agents.

Personally, I don't mind them not having enough agents around to fight drugs. But taking agents away from the violent crimes department is definitely not a good idea.

I mean, i'm glad they want to be a counterterrorism army -- but what about serial killers?
juju is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2002, 03:41 PM   #3
bartman
not really bart

actually, the senate secretly signed off on an army of clones to be trained as FBI agents some time ago..........
bartman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2002, 03:45 PM   #4
FBI
Just Lurking

This really isn't funny.

Quote:
The new guidelines state simply that FBI agents may enter public places and forums, including publicly accessible Internet sites, to observe, develop leads and investigate. The guidelines do not specifically mention religious institutions, but a senior Justice Department official said last night that the impact of the changes will be dramatic in allowing the FBI to open a window on extremist activity in mosques.

"These are open places," he said. Now, "just because they are FBI agents, they don't have to turn a blind eye to activities visible to other people."

Last edited by FBI; 05-30-2002 at 03:48 PM.
FBI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2002, 04:11 PM   #5
bartman
not really bart

Good. I know I'll sleep better tonight knowing that more agents will be available to read my posts.

More agents != better knowledge

more agents = more filtering capacity

But only if used well. The carnivore mistake^H^H^H^handling this week just goes to show we don't need more surveillance powers, we need more people who actually know what they're doing in these positions.

Hope you're that guy for your assignment.
bartman is offline   Reply With Quote