The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Images > Image of the Day
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Image of the Day Images that will blow your mind - every day. [Blog] [RSS] [XML]

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 01-13-2006, 12:25 PM   #16
mrnoodle
bent

Quote:
Originally Posted by footfootfoot
Let's not leave out film and photographic paper. It's gelatin you vegans! Not fur, but ears and toes of baby cows.
Maybe that means we won't be subjected to any more pictures of baby seals with photoshopped tears running from their eyes.

Schadenfreud. It's what's for dinner.

Course, I guess digital is an option.
Old 01-13-2006, 01:44 PM   #17
glatt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kitsune
Ah, my favorite medium has died, animal protien and all.
That's sad, but on the other hand, I haven't put a roll of film in my Old Nikon FE in at least 5 years. Maybe more. All digital since then. Film is too damn expensive.

Now if they would just make a digital SLR that would take my old manual focus Nikon lenses. The Nikon D50 looks promising, but the exposure won't work with my old lenses. I hate having several hundred dollars worth of optics just sitting on the shelf in my closet. Come on Nikon!
glatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2006, 10:39 PM   #18
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

I'm with you there. Many $k in Nikkor lenses gathering dust.
For me it wasn’t the film but the difficulty and inconvenience of developing and QUALITY printing.
Of course it’s hard to beat the convenience of resizing and emailing without having to write a literate letter to accompany them.
Old 01-16-2006, 11:12 PM   #19
cbane
Recruit or Something

Quote:
Originally Posted by glatt
That's sad, but on the other hand, I haven't put a roll of film in my Old Nikon FE in at least 5 years. Maybe more. All digital since then. Film is too damn expensive.

Now if they would just make a digital SLR that would take my old manual focus Nikon lenses. The Nikon D50 looks promising, but the exposure won't work with my old lenses. I hate having several hundred dollars worth of optics just sitting on the shelf in my closet. Come on Nikon!
The new D200 has some support for AI lenses. You have to tell the camera what the max. aperature and focal length are, and it only works in some modes. From the table on dpreview (look for "Lens compatibility"), you can use manual or aperature priority exposure, and "color matrix" (I don't know how that's different than regular matrix metering), as well as center-weighted and spot metering modes.

However, the D200 is much more expensive that the D50 ($1700 vs. ~$600), so unless you have lots of money invested in lenses, it's not really worth it to get a D200 just for this feature.
cbane is offline   Reply With Quote