The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Images > Image of the Day

Image of the Day Images that will blow your mind - every day. [Blog] [RSS] [XML]

Old 06-22-2017, 10:57 PM   #1
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

June 23rd, 2017: Moist Towelettes

The only thing close to mother’s spit on a hanky is Moist Towelettes.
John French, a Michigan State U employee in the planetarium, has his own museum there for his collection of towelettes.

You see them everywhere, they’re disposable, and nobody thinks much about them other where to dispose of them after
they’ve served their purpose.

They were perfect for advertising food joints specializing in grease.

But most businesses climbed on the bandwagon because they’re like a billboard in your purse.

Hey Joe, my kid works at Burger King and brought home these towelettes, want some?
Nope, my wife is a nurse, she brings home alcohol wipes. They’re more gooder.

Now you have to be careful because those little packages could contain anything as they’ve been repurposed as applicators.

On his website, he even has a recipe to make your own.

In the interest of transparency I must disclose I have saved one myself.

Old 06-23-2017, 07:24 AM   #2
Snakeadelic
Banned

I notice there's more than one "recipe" among the collection. Different wipes for different needs and all. The one on the bottom, while hilarious, also looks like dry skin relief. I also see suntan oil, benzalkonium chloride (which sounds like an anti-kaiju weapon, it really does) which might be in a bunch of the others like the Tar-Off, and lots n lots of isopropyl alcohol, the current most common anti-pathogen choice.

If I could only use these things instead of bottled hand san, I'd be the state's most prolific producer of packaging waste! But lucky me, I gotta stick with medical-clinic-grade hand san (also 70% isopropyl alcohol) because I can't take a chance on allergic reactions and they hardly ever tell you which ones are scented. 60% isopropyl is currently the minimum recommended content for hand san to actually work, which all adds up to "boy am I glad they carry my unscented hand san in CASES on Amazon."

People collect the weirdest things .
Snakeadelic is offline   Reply With Quote